When's the next 49 Deposit?

cocacola86

Nobody knows when. They usually run reduced deposit promos once or twice a month. None yet for June so just be on the lookout. And lately, the deposits are "from" $49pp. Some cruises will be more than that. Vista and Alaska sailings have been more for sure.

Is it 49 for 2-5 and 6-9 day cruises?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did not specify, just said $49 deposits will be back.

I'm not a big fan of them personally because of the restrictions, but I know they are wildly popular. So if you can wait a few weeks you should see them soon.

Nobody knows when. They usually run reduced deposit promos once or twice a month. None yet for June so just be on the lookout. And lately, the deposits are "from" $49pp. Some cruises will be more than that. Vista and Alaska sailings have been more for sure.

we booked for next year and was 150.00 pp

Generally they will last 5-7 days. Beware they are always the ES rate so no cancellations of changes are allowed without being penalized. Also, if you want to take advantage of any price drops, you will have to pay the full deposit unless the new rate has a reduced deposit as well.

Agree. Vista deposits have been $149 pp when carnival has the $49 deposit sale.

The 50% off deposit sale works better by a little bit if you are booking the vista.

So is the 49 pp for any cruise except vista and Alaska so let's say I wanted to book an 8 day cruise and a 5 day cruise it's 49 pp and my pvp said if I wanted to use money from my current cruise and put it towards the new one but keep the current I could

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The 50% off deposit sale works better by a little bit if you are booking the vista.

I guess I got lucky. I booked our Vista cruise in March for $49 deposit. But two days later the Vista was taken off the list with a $49 deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes this is true. The very first two $49 deposit sales were the best for the Vista sailings, because they were $49 pp as well. Those were in January & February. That's when we booked. Every one after that has been more. First they up'd it to $99. Then $149 pp. The 50% deposits are indeed less upfront.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So you can use part of your deposit on your current cruise for the 49 dollar deposit on your new cruise

No?? I'm not sure where you are getting that from. Each room on each cruise requires its own deposit. Do you already have a cruise booked?

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Yes I got it from Carnival themselves a PVP and the 1-800 number you call you cannot use anymore than your deposit so if you put 1000 down but your deposit was 700 you can't use the 700 from your existing booking

Yes I got it from Carnival themselves a PVP and the 1-800 number you call you cannot use anymore than your deposit so if you put 1000 down but your deposit was 700 you can't use the 700 from your existing booking

That is correct. But it sound like you were saying it in reverse with your question.

The amount required on a cruise is the minimum you must put down. Whatever it is they are asking for per person when you book. If you put down more than the minimum then you just have less to pay off at the end. But since you owe the full amount anyway, no you can't use any payments made on one cruise towards another. Payments are not transferable. Hope that helps.

This is incorrect information. If you let them re-fare your current booking to the reduced deposit promotion, they can and will transfer your overage deposit to any other booking or even refund you. I have done this in the past.