Crazy for taking kids on Greek Isles Cruise?

We booked a 9 day Greek Isle cruise and our kids will 14 and 12 by then, will they be totally bored? They have been on 6 cruises and love them but they have all been in the Caribbean where we have done fun things that they enjoyed liked ziplining, tubing and going to beach. I fear that they are going to be bored because we will be doing less beaches and more touring cities. Anyone taken 12 and 14 year old boys on a Eurpoean cruise? What was your experience?

Thanks in advance!

We are taking our 12 year old this summer - and we did an Adriatic cruise when he was 9. On the Islands we found beaches. For our upcoming cruise we are looking for fun things to do like pizza making classes, a tour of the Ferrari museum etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This could be the perfect opportunity for them to learn a life lesson that "it's not always about them." Travel is a wonderful opportunity to learn about history and other cultures - Mom and Dad can share with them just how fortunate they are to have these experiences that so many others can only dream about.

Definitely not crazy. Hopefully they'll appreciate what they're able to see. I started going on vacations with my family at that age and I always loved it. I was never bored, loved seeing new places, and spending time with the family.

They're lucky kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. We gave them the option to stay at their grandparent's house and told them that we will probably hit a beach or 2 but there will be lots of touring cities we have never seen. They say they want to go so I want to give them the opportunity.

How can humans be bored with learning about the world they live in???? Take them...make them sightsee and go places with you! If they're bored...so be it....maybe they'll learn about our world...They are VERY fortunate....MAKE THEM GO.

Depending on your school's curriculum, the boys may have studied Greek history or Greek mythology. There is nothing better than in person experiences. They may be very excited about what they may see. If they have not studied in school, you may want to do a bit of history lessons before you go. Also, if you are visiting Santorini, you will find beautiful beaches with black sand.

I was ceuising sunce I was 9 years old. Went to on many eurpiean cruises in tween/teen years. While I did not fully appreciate it at the time, I still enjoyed it, and as I became an adult truly appreciated what my parents did for me when I was younger.

We just got back from a 16 night ovation barcelona to dubai with a 5 year old and 13 month old. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I guess it depends on the kids. Mine are 17 and 19 now and cruised a couple of times a year growing up. Both greatly preferred med cruises with interesting cities to more of the same old same old Caribbean beaches by the time they were your boys' ages.

That said, my younger one gets overwhelmed with too many new/different things in one week--he often stay on the ship in a few ports while we sight see, and just goes out for 2-3 places he is most interested in.

That works well for us but may not be for everyone.