Freedom of the Seas - Beverage Packages

Hi,

First time cruiser planning trip the end of July. I'm wondering if it'll be worth it to get a Beverage Package.

What beverages are served free in the dining rooms and windjammer cafe?

If one wants a lemonade or fountain soda, can one get it at the cafe for free and the package just gives one more options to get it throughout the ship?

Thanks in advance for the information.

janelle

Hi,

First time cruiser planning trip the end of July. I'm wondering if it'll be worth it to get a Beverage Package.

What beverages are served free in the dining rooms and windjammer cafe?

If one wants a lemonade or fountain soda, can one get it at the cafe for free and the package just gives one more options to get it throughout the ship?

Thanks in advance for the information.

janelle

You can buy soda by the can (current pricing is around $3 including the required 18% gratuity). Lemonade, ice tea, artificially flavored waters, water, coffee, tea, milk, fruit juices at breakfast....all included in your cruise fare.

Unless you are a fan of "fancy" coffees or fresh squeezed orange juice or bottled water or drink SEVERAL alcoholic beverages EVERY day, including port days...............forget a package and buy your drinks individually.

Since you are taking your first cruise...........

You are allowed to bring on two bottles (750 ml) of wine per cabin at embarkation. :) No corkage fee to consume anywhere on the ship.

Did they stop the corkage fee in the dining rooms? I didn't know!!

Since you are taking your first cruise...........

You are allowed to bring on two bottles (750 ml) of wine per cabin at embarkation. :) No corkage fee to consume anywhere on the ship.

Don't forget to bring a corkscrew if you plan on drinking the wine in your cabin :o (or get screw top bottles)

Good to hear that they no longer charge a corkage fee :cool:

Don't forget to bring a corkscrew if you plan on drinking the wine in your cabin :o (or get screw top bottles)

Good to hear that they no longer charge a corkage fee :cool:

Our stateroom attendant on Freedom in March was happy to get glasses and a corkscrew for me. :)