What to do with luggage after cruise (Seattle)

Hi,

We are going to be on EOTS next year in Seattle, our flight out won't leave until about 11pm, is there anywhere we can store luggage near the pier, so we can explore the city, rather than drive to the airport and drop off luggage just to go back to the city again?

In florida we were going to use a day room and after getting there and talking to the front desk person, he held our luggage for the day for free. We stayed there overnight the weekend before, so I think that helped. Google day rooms in that area and see if anything comes up.

Out of interest but when did they announce that? Seattle is still listed on the webpage I have:confused:

It is still listed, but multiple posts I have been following of others who have been on the same cruise this year, have said the service is not available. Also, if you call RCCL directly they say the same thing. Sadly.

Out of interest but when did they announce that? Seattle is still listed on the webpage I have:confused:

I don't recall if it's ever been announced, but it's been reported by cruisers out of Seattle for a while now. Unfortunately, it's fairly common for Royal's website to have incorrect information.

I don't recall if it's ever been announced, but it's been reported by cruisers out of Seattle for a while now. Unfortunately, it's fairly common for Royal's website to have incorrect information.

Yes, the website is not always up to date :rolleyes:

We generally don't use the luggage valet, but have seen it offered on several recent sailings. Unfortunately I can't recall which ones did/didn't offer it. We did Alaska last year and I thought we had been offered it then (out of Seattle). However I must add a disclaimer my memory isn't as good as it used to be :eek:

Hi,

We are going to be on EOTS next year in Seattle, our flight out won't leave until about 11pm, is there anywhere we can store luggage near the pier, so we can explore the city, rather than drive to the airport and drop off luggage just to go back to the city again?

If you stay in a downtown area hotel pre cruise you can ask them to hold it afterwards. Many don't mind. I believe the Weston and the Sheraton have holding rooms as we have arrived early in the past and had them hold our luggage.

Going to the airport won't work if planning to drop it off with the airline. They will only accept it a few hours before the flight.

We had a similar situation when we were on a Caribbean cruise. We were leaving from Fort Lauderdale late so we rented a car from Hertz since they had a pick up van from the port (disclaimer: I don't know if Hertz picks up at the port in Seattle, but it is worth checking). Then we had a place to store our luggage while we drove around, had a nice lunch, visited a park, and chilled.

This might mean exploring outer reaches of the Seattle area rather than the city itself. Just a thought.

Beth

Aww. I too was going to use the valet luggage on our trip in Sept. Too bad. Maybe you can use this service I found for the port of Seattle? "Concierge

The cruise terminal concierge offers luggage storage after cruises, plus city information. Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on cruise days only."

Edited by gochina

I know people on here hate cruiseline excursions, and I don't know if RCCL offers something like this, but a couple of years ago on HAL I was able to do a HOHO Trolley tour of Seattle that gave me a little free time in the afternoon before an included shuttle to the airport - and they took my bags there for me.

The ONLY quibble I had with it was I had to be on the bus at like 4pm because the luggage was only held until that shuttle got to the airport. So I still had a lot of time to kill at the airport. (They did have the equivalent of luggage valet, but I literally missed getting my form in (it was only placed in the cabins the last morning to sign up, and I was off the ship all day) by literally two minutes because of there being a small line and one person at the guest services desk.)

Still, I was able to see a lot of Seattle, explore a bit on my own, and get to the airport without having to worry about the luggage, so it was worth it for me.