AARP discount gift cards

ManyMore

I've never seen a bigger discount, and I agree it isn't that great, but depending on how many you apply, it'll buy you a drink, or pay a good portion of a days tips.

Awesome perspective! Do you know if they have an expiration period?

A week ago, I believe they were sold out then came back the next Monday. I wonder if they ever run a better discount. I am sure I will get grief for this comment but I just don't think 10% is that great of a deal. Better than nothing but.... And I still keep looking and I still may purchase one, I just keep going back and forth about it.

At first, I thought it wasn't much either, but looking at perspective: a cruise that costs you ~$670 (my portion of an upcoming cruise) . Using those gift cards to pay my entire balance basically allows me to have "free" automatic gratuities... sounds like a win for me!!

I just don't think 10% is that great of a deal

It isn't a lot but I paid for most of my cruise with the cards. Plus I have more for the gratuities and onboard expenses. I think I bought $4700 worth which $470 in savings.

They will be back.

I've never seen a bigger discount, and I agree it isn't that great, but depending on how many you apply, it'll buy you a drink, or pay a good portion of a days tips.

The only better deal I've seen is if you have an Amex you could buy NewEgg.com gift certificates for 12.5% off and then buy Carnival gift cards at NewEgg. But that's a lot of rigmarole to go through for 2 extra percent. But keep an eye out for any deals that your credit cards might offer.

The only better deal I've seen is if you have an Amex you could buy NewEgg.com gift certificates for 12.5% off and then buy Carnival gift cards at NewEgg. But that's a lot of rigmarole to go through for 2 extra percent. But keep an eye out for any deals that your credit cards might offer.

I was only speaking of the AARP offer. I think others have spoken of getting 20% by buying off Amazon, but there was also a warning. Some apparently weren't legit. :eek:

A week ago, I believe they were sold out then came back the next Monday. I wonder if they ever run a better discount. I am sure I will get grief for this comment but I just don't think 10% is that great of a deal. Better than nothing but.... And I still keep looking and I still may purchase one, I just keep going back and forth about it.

We are doing A BtoB on the Vsta, last mediterranean and TA. I have paid both cruises as well as Gratuities with these cards-my savings is almost $600 so I would say that's a good deal! I will keep buying them to apply to my onbaord account for both cruise.

Pat

I recently had a $10 price drop and almost didn't "waste my time" spending a few minutes filling out the price protection claim. Then I realized I'd happily spend the same few minutes to fill out a form to get a free sail-away drink - so $10 OBC is now mine!

I'll definitely be watching for these gift cards to be available again, I didn't realize you didn't have to be an AARP member to get them.

I recently had a $10 price drop and almost didn't "waste my time" spending a few minutes filling out the price protection claim. Then I realized I'd happily spend the same few minutes to fill out a form to get a free sail-away drink - so $10 OBC is now mine!

I'll definitely be watching for these gift cards to be available again, I didn't realize you didn't have to be an AARP member to get them.

Yeah, it's great that you don't have to be a member, and $10.00 for a few minutes, ... I'll do it.

I'm traveling solo, paying for 2, so any discount, OBC I can get, I'm in. ;)

Thanks for the info on this site... I now have a good enough reason to join AARP! :p It may only be 10% but where I come from that's better than nothing.

You don't need to join to get the discounted gift cards ... just register on the AARP Rewards for Good website and gather points.

Ebay is currently offering $75 worth of Carnival Gifts cards for $60 if you pay with paypal.

That is a 20% discount but it only once.

Note: it is actually $15 off of $75 or more but the more you get the less % discount.

Ebay is currently offering $75 worth of Carnival Gifts cards for $60 if you pay with paypal.

That is a 20% discount but it only once.

Note: it is actually $15 off of $75 or more but the more you get the less % discount.

not today..

• 2 weeks later...