---> !!ANTHEM OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [June 02, 2016]

Mike,

When you finally got to experience North Star, did it go over the sides of the ship? I have seen photos but I wasn't sure if that is for every single ride. Both of my experiences on Quantum and Anthem have been very short (we only went up and down) as they were only 2 & 3 night cruises. Thanks!

Edward

Drink Package

I think the premium package is great if you like to drink. I don't like to get obliterated every night, but I did recently turn 21, so it is a new and fun thing for me. I made my money's worth every night by a good amount and I was never really drunk. The thing is that cocktails are typically $11.99 and come in small glasses compared to on land. If you don't think you'll have more than 4 or 5 per day then maybe it is not worth it to you.

27557141322_4951ca7775_b.jpg

27557142692_25b44f4227_b.jpg

Lavender Daiquiri

27557144172_9ac12f41bd_b.jpg

I have a question about those great looking drinks. DH and I always get the premium package. On Indy last December, for the first time, I was told my lemon drop martini was over the price limit for that package and so I'd have to pay an additional $2. I'd never had that happen on any other ship (or anywhere else on this one except The Champagne Bar where I'm thinking the bar tender was cranky).

Did you run into this anywhere on Anthem?

Edited by MrsB05

Glad I read your review, as we made our North Star reservation at the same time, for the same reason! Hopefully I can change it to a better time once onboard.

Have enjoyed reading your review. It has only increased my excitement for our turn aboard Anthem.

We were brilliant for thinking about this, right?! Yes, go change it as soon as you can so you are not disappointed. If we would've known earlier we would have gotten back on the ship earlier and gone while docked. It would still be cool even when docked to see the island from up there! Thank you, you will have a phenomenal time! :)

Thanks again for the info!

I hate to keep bugging you, but...

Is the Solarium Bistro opened to everyone? I thought I heard someone mention it was only for suite guests...

Do you happen to remember if the cabin doors are metal? I like to decorate our door and just wanted to make sure magnets will work.

Thank you!

Not bugging me at all! I see someone already answered and they are correct! I saw some other people near our room decorate! :)

Mike,

When you finally got to experience North Star, did it go over the sides of the ship? I have seen photos but I wasn't sure if that is for every single ride. Both of my experiences on Quantum and Anthem have been very short (we only went up and down) as they were only 2 & 3 night cruises. Thanks!

Edward

I have pictures of my time on North Star coming up on the last day so stay tuned for them! I did not get to go over the side of the ship because it was too windy and to be frank, I am glad we didn't as the wind was close to 50 mph! It will go over the side of the ship on a less windy day and only when at sea!

I am loving your review! And the photo of you in 2004 to 2016 is so cute!

Thank you!!

Mike, thanks for the review. The photos are great and your prose is the perfect match. It could not get better.

I look forward to the rest of your review.

Andrew

Thanks so much!

I have a question about those great looking drinks. DH and I always get the premium package. On Indy last December, for the first time, I was told my lemon drop martini was over the price limit for that package and so I'd have to pay an additional $2. I'd never had that happen on any other ship (or anywhere else on this one except The Champagne Bar where I'm thinking the bar tender was cranky).

Did you run into this anywhere on Anthem?

Very interesting! I never ran into that problem, in fact we could order just about anything on that shelf! I don't think we had a limit. One bartender told me I should ask everyone for the top shelf because it is included with my package. I hope this is the same fleet wide...

DAY 8

You Bump Me, I Bump You! -

Welcome back everyone! Today will be rather quick as it was a sea day and I waited to get a lot of ship pictures until the next day. I woke up and it wasn't the nicest day outside. I woke in the room alone - I suppose I needed some extra sleep after exerting extra energy in last night's Quest gameshow! I got dressed and walked up to the pool deck where I knew my mom would be relaxing. We always got chairs in the same general area on the pool deck, thanks to mom for waking up and getting around early every day. This was great because I knew where to find her without a note or need for texting/walkie talkie! I got breakfast from the Windjammer and brought it up to the pool deck to eat. The sun was off and on, so I tried to soak it up as much as I could since I was no longer burnt! I had read the cruise compass for today before I went to find mom and read about a couple events happening that I ended up going to in the middle of the day. I believe it was this day that my mom, step dad, and I went to Bingo in the middle of the day! I forgot to mention I went to the classic "Love & Marriage" show earlier on in the cruise and it was hilarious as always! There was the most adorable older couple participating on this cruise! So funny! Make sure you do not miss the Love & Marriage show on your cruise!

During the middle of the afternoon the weather started turning sour. It was pouring during lunch and continued to be off and on. We ended our afternoon in the Solarium. This is where this class of ship rules on a day of rain! There are so many indoor spaces that it will not spoil your time. It was great to chill out in the hot tub while looking up at the rain hitting the glass. We saw our guys Travis, Duane, and Jaime for some more drinks! I was encouraged to take a shot of tequila with everyone, which is rare because I usually will only touch that while in Mexico haha!

I went out to one of the decks above the bridge that is accessible from the Solarium down by the hot tubs and met 4 really nice people! They were actually traveling with their whole family and they had been watching my favorite piano man in the Schooner Bar since the beginning too! Funny that I met them on this day because I was going through some video footage that I shot of the piano man playing and singing during the beginning of the cruise and they were in it!! How weird is that?! Anyway we ended up meeting this night and the next night. Too bad when you make friends on the last couple of days. :-[ We had sailed into another rain shower, so I went back in. I went to go check out the SeaPlex to get a german sausage from the SeaPlex doghouse and noticed the Bumper Cars were out! There wasn't a long line, so I went back to tell my mom and the rest of our group! It was about 20 minutes to 6:00, when they were closing. We hurried over and waited about 2 minutes and then got to ride them. My mom and I ended up being the only ones to ride them from our group and they were so much fun! There was an older gentleman who was so funny! He loved the bumper cars and kept calling on numbers for us to go bump into! He said his wife and him just loved the SeaPlex and they had actually played a video game in the XBOX room with the kids a few days back! Hahaha! Anyway, 10/10, would definitely recommend the Bumper Cars! Just go close to the closing time if you don't want to wait in a line. ;-]

Tonight our entertainment was in Music Hall where "Anthem Rocks" was going down! This was a ton of fun and you are highly encouraged to go dance on the dance floor while old classic tunes that everybody knows are playing! They have entertainers on the stage of course, most of which happen to be on the cruise directors staff. The cruise director himself was there for a majority of it as well. This was a really great experience! You couldn't help yourself but to move to the music!

Later was the Liar's Club Comedy show in the Royal Theatre. This was pretty great, but we didn't stay long after I looked over at mom and she was completely asleep in the chair, LOL (mouth open and all, but don't tell her I told you!)! I took her back to the room and then I went to the Schooner Bar to meet up with my new friends and to get a drink from Jelena! Our piano dude was back at it and there was quite a group of us enjoying the tunes 'till late in the night!

27583613301_f5a1e3984c_b.jpg

27557395532_c1b2f8d4fc_b.jpg

27557397312_b5ae07df51_b.jpg

27557401212_bb1762b3ca_b.jpg

27557399832_6031b1c5c5_b.jpg

27657663505_edc1d42bba_b.jpg

27583636791_428e39f782_b.jpg

27583637461_34dd6491db_b.jpg

"We areeeee the championssss, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!"

27583638091_763aefd462_b.jpg

Day 8 END! Day 9, overall thoughts, and Day 5/6 cruise compasses coming soon (probably will be finished by tomorrow night or Saturday)! :D

Thanks again for the info!

I hate to keep bugging you, but...

Is the Solarium Bistro opened to everyone? I thought I heard someone mention it was only for suite guests...

Do you happen to remember if the cabin doors are metal? I like to decorate our door and just wanted to make sure magnets will work.

Thank you!

Goodness I forgot to answer the first part of your question, haha! Solarium Bistro is open for everybody, at least in the morning and afternoon. I think it might be different in the night, but I am not 100% sure. It used to be called Divinly Decadence, but was rebranded to Solarium Bistro in December 2015 after RCI and celebrity chef Devin Alexander parted. You might be thinking of Costal Kitchen, because that is suite guests/Pinnacle members only!

DAY 9

300 Ft. Above The Sea -

At last we have reached the last day in the review and finally I was able to have my chance in the North Star! For today I will mostly share all of the last photos with you and then make a separate post with my final thoughts.

I got in line for the North Star in the late morning because the last day is open to anyone and you will not need a reservation. They had rescheduled us for yesterday, but it had been broken down. Just our luck with North Star, eh? I waited about 30-45 minutes for it. I heard if you go closer to closing there is hardly any line. I got up there and it was spectacular! Of course I was slightly nervous because it was quite a windy day and it's very shaky up there! Honestly I like thrill rides, but this was a little nerve-wracking.

I went to ride the FlowRider again in the early afternoon and then relaxed in the Solarium. I went back for the FlowRider about 20 minutes until close and was surprised to see only one other person riding. So essentially I had the whole FlowRider to myself for the last 15 minutes and it was an amazing experience! The two people who were operating it were a little bored and were helping me with tricks! So much fun, I felt very lucky! =] I guess to sum up how to avoid lines on the attractions would be to go during the last 15-20 minutes its open, haha!

Enjoy the last group of photos!

27583639061_16c25c4dc2_b.jpg

27583640061_20db2342a9_b.jpg

27045738154_b7016bc99c_b.jpg

27557439712_ac04f99075_b.jpg

300 Ft. Above sea level!

27557441472_2f890218bf_b.jpg

27557443042_f4836d1785_b.jpg

Rondell Sheridan was the entertainer for the closer show this night and I was so surprised! He is quite a celebrity to me because I grew up watching him as the dad in "That's So Raven" on Disney Channel! Hahaha! The day we left he was sitting here in the "Shore Excursions" lounge and I wanted to get a picture with him so bad, but I decided he probably doesn't like that!

27046218024_be28b1d74f_b.jpg

27046218864_41815ec5e3_b.jpg

27046219844_421e09521c_b.jpg

27046221324_c6d661d3cd_b.jpg

27046222694_94b2771827_b.jpg

27046223414_0e97104fa5_b.jpg

Edited by swim13