Specialty restaurants?

tseitel

Hi all. My daughter has the 3 meal dining package, & I'm trying to find out how best to use her credits. ( I have the UDP because we booked a year out )

We plan on eating at Teppanyaki, Cagney's, La Cucina, Moderno, and also doing the Illusionarium show. Which 3 should she use credits on, and which should she pay out of pocket ? I'm definitely thinking Cagney's for use of 1 credit, but what about the other 2?

For the 1 restaurant that she does pay out of pocket, is it just a set fee, because I don't believe any of my other choices are a la carte?

And also, how does the Illusionarium show work with the UDP?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Moderno is 25

Teppanaki 30

Cagneys is now listed as ala carte.

The filet is 16 and sides are 3.

So seems like ,she could eat your numerous apps and sides bc there is no limit and just pay for her steak... making it the cheapest option.

I would use the SDP at the a'la carte restaurants and pay the flat fee covers for the other restaurants. If she plans on eating a total of six or more specialty meals it saves to buy an additional three or more meal SDP package. The UDP value towards the Illusionarium depends on when you booked. If I remember correctly, bookings before June/July 2015 covered it 100%, bookings after that must pay an additional charge, plus gratuity.

how does a'la carte work in Cagney's?

this our first time with packages and NCL.

THanks

It means it's like a regular restaurant. You pay for whatever you order, item by item.

Unless you have a dining package, then you order whatever you want, and it's included. If you want more than one entree, you'd pay for that, but sides, apps, etc. are unlimited.

Le Bistro and La Cucina work the same.

It means it's like a regular restaurant. You pay for whatever you order, item by item.

Unless you have a dining package, then you order whatever you want, and it's included. If you want more than one entree, you'd pay for that, but sides, apps, etc. are unlimited.

Actually, on our trip on the Getaway last month you could choose 1 entree, 2 apps or an app and a soup/salad and 1 dessert. We had the SDP. We were told of this new "rule" in every restaurant.

thank you. i am on reading overload learning as much as i can.

we do have the package. was thinking of trying

Moderno

Cagney's Steakhouse

La Cucina

thanks again for help

Actually, on our trip on the Getaway last month you could choose 1 entree, 2 apps or an app and a soup/salad and 1 dessert. We had the SDP. We were told of this new "rule" in every restaurant.

You might have been told that, but it is not in the Terms & Conditions of the SDP.

We were on the Jade in April and the first part of May. There was no limit for apps, soup/salad, sides, desserts in either Le Bistro or Cagneys.

It sure wasn't that way on my Escape cruise 2 weeks ago, nor does it state that in the terms. I've heard that is the rule for platinum dinners, so it sounds like you might have had a confused server.

It sure wasn't that way on my Escape cruise 2 weeks ago, nor does it state that in the terms. I've heard that is the rule for platinum dinners, so it sounds like you might have had a confused server.

Not if they were told it is the "new rule for every restaurant". This is the same spiel they gave us in Cagneys on the POA. They said it was the "new rule" instituted when the "new menus" we're introduced. We simply told them they forgot to change the Terms and Conditions for the SDP and that it said nothing of the sort when we bought, and still doesn't. After she conferred with the Manager, we were told we could order unlimited. This seems to keep popping up. I'd say a change is in the works, and some servers are jumping the gun. Time will tell, but in the meantime, don't let them get away with this.

Not if they were told it is the "new rule for every restaurant". This is the same spiel they gave us in Cagneys on the POA. They said it was the "new rule" instituted when the "new menus" we're introduced. We simply told them they forgot to change the Terms and Conditions for the SDP and that it said nothing of the sort when we bought, and still doesn't. After she conferred with the Manager, we were told we could order unlimited. This seems to keep popping up. I'd say a change is in the works, and some servers are jumping the gun. Time will tell, but in the meantime, don't let them get away with this.

I've sailed twice since the new menus were introduced, including 2 weeks ago, and still have never been told that. 99 out of 100 people that post here haven't been told that either.

Just go to the restaurants you think you will like. Does your daughter like pasta? She's a bit young to eat a whole steak.

We did the same thing, added a three meal for our daughter...she's older but still. I just picked the places that looked most appealing. The value is only a value if you LIKE it. We may change our minds once on board, but so far I have booked La Cucina, Le Bistro, and the Cirque Dinner Show with the upgrade. My wife and I have 4 meals, we will probably to a repeat at whichever we liked best. We don't eat meat, so Moderno has no appeal for us. I do eat Fish, so Cagney may be an option for the Fish and Chips. Teppanyaki looks like fun for the show aspect.

I've sailed twice since the new menus were introduced, including 2 weeks ago, and still have never been told that. 99 out of 100 people that post here haven't been told that either.

This is true, and it had never happened to us before it did.;).

But I'm just saying, it keeps popping up, and the reports are pretty consistent in what the server is saying regarding "new rules". This is probably the 4th or 5th report I've seen going back 3 months or so. With NCL, where there is smoke there is usually fire. I hope I'm wrong, but I think in a couple months there will be a "new" more restrictive SDP.

Just returned from May 28 cruise to Alaska and all servers in specialties recited the new "rules" to us before ordering. I got a little resistance from the manager in Le Bistro when I questioned him about it, but I believe he would have let us order what we wanted (we had a mixture of both UDP and SDP). We were on the Jewel, which has not yet launched the new menus.

Just returned from May 28 cruise to Alaska and all servers in specialties recited the new "rules" to us before ordering. I got a little resistance from the manager in Le Bistro when I questioned him about it, but I believe he would have let us order what we wanted (we had a mixture of both UDP and SDP). We were on the Jewel, which has not yet launched the new menus.

Seems like something is afoot. I read post number 7 again, and they also state they were told the same "new" rules in every restaurant. So all servers, every restaurant, on two different ships.

If cruising soon, I would print out now, the terms and conditions for the package you bought, or the promo you received, and be prepared to stand your ground on the ship. A rule change should only affect those who bought or received the promo 'after' the terms are changed officially by posting them on the website. And they have not done that yet, so no one has 'that' package.

Would someone on a NCL ship right now verify that this is true in all specialty restaurants?

Could you clarify what they said the rule was, because there are a lot of "ands" and "ors" in what you wrote :o. Is it 3 courses or 4 courses? The rule for the Platinum dinner is 3 courses: "one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert". Are you saying they let you order 2 appetizers, one main dish, and one dessert (4 courses)?

where are terms for the specialty dining package listed? and wouldnt they change wih each promo bc they add that "we restrict the ability " speak in there....

We were on Getaway in May and we had no rules given to us.In Ocean Blue we had no entree at all but about 8 appetizers and dessert. And she really wanted us to have an entree lol...

where are terms for the specialty dining package listed? and wouldnt they change wih each promo bc they add that "we restrict the ability " speak in there....

We were on Getaway in May and we had no rules given to us.In Ocean Blue we had no entree at all but about 8 appetizers and dessert. And she really wanted us to have an entree lol...

This is for current purchases. https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

Terms & Conditions

Specialty Dining Packages are available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1 and 2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. Specialty Dining Packages are non-transferable. An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added to the package price. Reservations are not required for Specialty Dining Package guests, however, tables reserved onboard will be subject to availability. We encourage you to log in to My NCL to make dining reservations in advance for specific night(s) of your cruise. Specialty Dining Packages are based on a per meal basis and include our steakhouses, churrascarias, French, Italian and Teppanyaki restaurants. You may choose to dine in entertainment-based and certain a la carte priced restaurants for an additional charge. Dining options vary by ship. Guests who have purchased a Specialty Dining Package and wish to dine at one of the following venues will be charged an Upcharge instead of the full cover charge or a la carte price: Ocean Blue - $15 USD (does not include Seafood Extravaganza. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived); Bayamo - $15 USD; Cirque/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seating/$15 USD premium seating/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway; Supper Club-$15 USD; Sushi -$7 USD; Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD; Raw Bar - $7 USD (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived). If the Upcharge option is selected, that visit will be counted towards one of the meals in the package. Room Service, Mini Bar, Food Republic and District Brewhouse, Specialty Items in the Asian restaurant, Hot Rock, a la carte items in the Main Dining Rooms, The Bake Shop items, The Bake Shop, O’ Sheehan’s Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Chef's Table, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages. No kids pricing available for Specialty Dining Package. Excludes all 1 and 2 day sailings. Charges will apply for additional main course orders.

As recently as March and April the last line stated, "Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at $10.00." So many people should actually still be able to order multiple entrees in any restaurant except Cagney's and Le Bistro, but most people do not carry around the T&C they booked under with them.

Edited by Mistizoom