Guinness Storehouse Tour

BM64

Would like to buy a ticket for the tour for my husband. We will be in Dublin til 6:00pm. Would getting a 2:30 timed ticket be enough time to do the tour and return to the ship? Thanks in advance.

Would like to buy a ticket for the tour for my husband. We will be in Dublin til 6:00pm. Would getting a 2:30 timed ticket be enough time to do the tour and return to the ship? Thanks in advance.

We didn't buy our tickets in advance. We used the HoHo bus to get to Guinness and it took some time for the bus to return back to Trinity College.

The Guinness tour was about two hours as i remember. I think you could make it if you took a taxi directly to the port. Still, can you go a little earlier?

We were in Dublin just over a week ago. We had looked into the Guinness Storehouse, but decided to do other things on this occasion, but we did do the HOHO bus.

I found lots of info on it, much from the TA site and I remember that there were details of a public bus you could get between the shuttle bus drop and the Storehouse. The journey from the Storehouse to the shuttle drop will take an extremely long time because of the route taken in that direction, so I would definitely suggest he does not take that route back. Going to the Storehouse from the shuttle drop is a more direct route, so may be feasible, but it does stop for quite a while at some stops, so the public bus will likely be quicker. You should be able to search for details of that, either on TA or here. Guiness is out of the main centre and I do not remember seeing any taxis driving around there, so if you want to use one, it could be worth getting that clarified by someone who knows Dublin well - you may need a tel no to ring a taxi.

If you buy the Storehouse tickets online, you get a set slot and apparently do not have to wait in what can be a lengthy queue. People seem to report taking up to 4 hours to do the tour, which I gather is self guided, so no need to linger if you do not want to do so. I should think the pint of Guinness at the end needs to be done though! The online tickets were cheaper as well if I remember correctly and the ones earlier in the day were cheaper still - that depends on the actual day though.

Edited by tring

We did the Storehouse tour on our recent British Isles trip, thought it was fun and well worth the time. Allow two hours, you do the tour at your own pace but will want to take time with the exhibits. Plus, part of the tour is a pint of Guinness at the rooftop bar ---- very enjoyable with a great view of the city, you'll want to spend a little time there. We bought timed tickets online and were glad we did, there was a quite a long line waiting to buy tickets but we went to the express line and walked right in. They also were fine with admitting us before our time slot.Gift shop is good too, we made several gift purchases there. Also, make sure you allow plenty of time to get back to the ship, traffic was brutal in Dublin on the Wednesday we were there. I wouldn't risk a 2:30 admission.

Edited by cynbar