Some Horseshoe Bay updates

Charles4515

I took the beach shuttle. That was $7 each way. I paid cash but the say the take credit cards. Also had free WiFi. If you are only going to Horseshoe I recommend the shuttle over the bus. The shuttle goes right down to the beach. And did not have to wait.

d63c87e3c445589248f54857f1091714.jpg

Wow we were just there the end of May and we rented two chairs and an umbrella for $25

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you get two chairs and an umbrella they will give a special of $40 instead of $45. I believe that the concessionaire has changed to the same one building the new bar and restaurant.

I forgot to mention an important detail. They now carry the chairs and umbrella to where you want them on the beach.

Edited by Charles4515

If you get two chairs and an umbrella they will give a special of $40 instead of $45. I believe that the concessionaire has changed to the same one building the new bar and restaurant.

I forgot to mention an important detail. They now carry the chairs and umbrella to where you want them on the beach.

Yes we were there on the BA May 25/26/27 and we paid $25 for two chairs and an umbrella and they do set it up for you! Maybe because we went later in the day or they just raised the price since its busier.

I took the beach shuttle. That was $7 each way. I paid cash but the say the take credit cards. Also had free WiFi. If you are only going to Horseshoe I recommend the shuttle over the bus. The shuttle goes right down to the beach. And did not have to wait.

d63c87e3c445589248f54857f1091714.jpg

Where at the Dockyards can I find the shuttles? Seems like the easiest option for me. Thanks!

All the taxis are in the designated parking area just outside the Wharf ... before the pirate ship, with big signs, or just ask one of the drivers & they will point you. This view is coming from Breakaway at Heritage Wharf, less than 50 yards from the piers. Nearly impossible to miss, way before the ferry & bus stop area or shops.

3c380bffd9a811ddd3f6a54a7490217e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Chair rentals have changed. Chair is $15. Umbrella is $15. No deposit. Even though it was more windy than last year they rented them. At some point they did run out.

No deposit? Sounds good, so I guess when your beach day is done, just leave your chairs/umbrellas there, no need to take them back?

BTW, greatly appreciative all of the info you provide here, very helpful.

Yes we were there on the BA May 25/26/27 and we paid $25 for two chairs and an umbrella and they do set it up for you! Maybe because we went later in the day or they just raised the price since its busier.

OH! That's wonderful! My bad back is so happy to hear this!

The beach bar is still under construction. The concession stand is open.

b75a6f0296e8c27ad2885df1f51cfefd.jpg

e93f469e1f86072cd64b2750a2ee8b51.jpg

Charles45158, any completion date given. We'll be there in October so I am assuming it will be done by then. We've never been to Bermuda so looking forward to it.

They give a 50% discount after 3:00 pm.

Where at the Dockyards can I find the shuttles? Seems like the easiest option for me. Thanks!

They are pretty easy to find. All the shuttles, taxis, minibuses, minibus tours are on the road from the ships that leads to the dockyard proper. You won't miss them. They have a sandwich sign for the $7 shuttles.

Edited by Charles4515

Charles45158, any completion date given. We'll be there in October so I am assuming it will be done by then. We've never been to Bermuda so looking forward to it.

It looks pretty far along. The bar any day now. The restaurant may be a couple of months off.

Actually the bar is open. I didn't realize it was inside the building. I didn't go inside Wednesday because of the large line. Today no line. Beach pretty empty because people afraid to leave Dockyard. I took the $7 shuttle again. Left at 1:00 pm and back at ship 1:30. Plenty of time as our all aboard on Summit is 4:00 pm.

The restaurant and outdoor seating looks like about a month or two from completion.

Edited by Charles4515