Last minute questions about Royal Princess- alarm clock and formal attire

lauren75

I respect the Princess guidelines. If I wish to dress casual and not participate, I eat elsewhere. That is what Princess requests in writing. It's the gracious and polite thing to do. :)

Yes, I totally agree. I just wish they would enforce across the board. Unfortunately there's a lot of staff either ill informed or unwilling to follow their own rules.

Yes, I totally agree. I just wish they would enforce across the board. Unfortunately there's a lot of staff either ill informed or unwilling to follow their own rules.

An given approval by Princess to do so which is the final determining authority. Enjoyed my meals in the MDR on a cruise that left May 21, 2016. Formal nights the males in my party both wore long sleeve shirts and ties. The ladies wore either nice dresses or pants outfits. No one on staff said anything and we all ate comfortably and none felt out of place. Will do the same on the Regal on an upcming cruise.

I feel sorry for the people who actually don't really want to pack the extra clothing but read the comments about not being allowed in the DR unless dressed up only to find out that there are others who dress casually & are admitted anyway. They should know both sides to the story & decide for themselves as to what they feel it correct.

I feel sorry for the people who actually don't really want to pack the extra clothing but read the comments about not being allowed in the DR unless dressed up only to find out that there are others who dress casually & are admitted anyway. They should know both sides to the story & decide for themselves as to what they feel it correct.

Yeah, it's a pain. I wish princess would just settle it.

Wake up as the cruise line, by their actual actions, has relented on those posted guidelines. Even you admit they have yet you still insist it be done your way. Where is anyone pushinf tshirts, shorts and sandals on ant night in the MDR? Nice attempt to twist mine and other peoples words. Bad but nice.

I really don't even understand what you're saying. Your other posts are pretty easy, this one was kind of hard. We're both not going to see each other's point. So I'm pretty much done with this. It's a waste of time.

I really don't even understand what you're saying. Your other posts are pretty easy, this one was kind of hard. We're both not going to see each other's point. So I'm pretty much done with this. It's a waste of time.

Not suprised at all with this.

We ate at this nice rest. in Hollywood, Fl. the night before our Feb. Regal cruise & most people had on long sleeve shirts. Many had suits as well(a pricey place)So at least there it was as I usually see people dressed like at home. Then again, you'd never see me in a place like Applebee's/Golden Corral etc.( I like gourmet food)

What place. I work in Hollywood. I don't do low-end garbage food chains either, but I guess I am not gourmet either as it is the norm down here to be in shorts and polos, or maybe dockers and polos. Do you only see things in high end versus low end? There is a middle ground for everything. Plenty of people drive Honda Accords; the whole world is not S-class Mercedes and 20 year old Chevy Cavaliers...

What place. I work in Hollywood. I don't do low-end garbage food chains either, but I guess I am not gourmet either as it is the norm down here to be in shorts and polos, or maybe dockers and polos. Do you only see things in high end versus low end? There is a middle ground for everything. Plenty of people drive Honda Accords; the whole world is not S-class Mercedes and 20 year old Chevy Cavaliers...

It used to be called the "Gold Coast". I remembered it as a kid. A place popular with the mob in it's day.(kind of still is) Great Prime rib. I can't recall the name now. It's located on the coastal waterway right near Jimmy Buffet's Margarita hotel. NO, I don't always see things as low-end v/s high-end. I like good food & reasonably decent people & lots of times they're hard to find in a place like Applebee's type places. Seen enough bar fights in joints like that, that I don't care to go back. Also being in the food industry, I like food fresh made. At theses places the steaks/seafood are "grill" marked, flash frozen(usually purchased elsewhere & finish cooked in their kitchens). If THAT'S your idea of good cooking, please enjoy! As for me I'll dine where most of the food is prepared on site. Try "Bertucci's"(if you have them) the food is done on site fresh, & will cost you less than $50 for a couple. If that's too expensive for you, then sorry, I can't do much for you.

I don't do low-end garbage food chains either

It used to be called the "Gold Coast". I remembered it as a kid. A place popular with the mob in it's day.(kind of still is) Great Prime rib. I can't recall the name now. It's located on the coastal waterway right near Jimmy Buffet's Margarita hotel. NO, I don't always see things as low-end v/s high-end. I like good food & reasonably decent people & lots of times they're hard to find in a place like Applebee's type places. Seen enough bar fights in joints like that, that I don't care to go back. Also being in the food industry, I like food fresh made. At theses places the steaks/seafood are "grill" marked, flash frozen(usually purchased elsewhere & finish cooked in their kitchens). If THAT'S your idea of good cooking, please enjoy! As for me I'll dine where most of the food is prepared on site. Try "Bertucci's"(if you have them) the food is done on site fresh, & will cost you less than $50 for a couple. If that's too expensive for you, then sorry, I can't do much for you.

Look at the screen and see what was there already. tough to do when looking down. there is an abundance of fresh food in SoFla, that's my preference. Thanks for the tip on Northeast chains. I think. :cool:

Edited by LMaxwell

Look at the screen and see what was there already. tough to do when looking down. there is an abundance of fresh food in SoFla, that's my preference. Thanks for the tip on Northeast chains. I think. :cool:

Finally remembered the name of the rest. It is called GG's. Really nice rest. Yeah pretty pricey. Nice way to start the vacation. There were no shorts at all(inside or on the deck where we ate). I'm sure they do wear shorts at lunch. It was a Sat. night & people were on the town as they say.

Most moderately priced places use a mix of freshmade & prepurchased items. Though I like all fresh made, I see the economics of some prepurchsed items. Nearly ALL fries, for example are purchased & not "homemade". Many apps. are purchased from outside vendors. Even a lot of the higher end places do this now. If the fries look all quite similar, chances are they are purchased from outside vendors. They may still taste fine, but aren't homemade. A prime example are mashed potatoes. We've ALL had the "powdered" variety.(yuck!) Most mashed "in house" potatoes are actually delivered in 50lb. bags. They are cut/peeled/washed & delivered. One slice that goes bad will ruin the entire bag in less than a day if not discovered. Since we are a smaller high end deli type rest, our mashed are totally made in house. If you like to do your own mashed at home..add a few dashes of "Franks Red Hot Sauce" Really adds a nice flavor! Nearly ALL fresh fish is actually fresh frozen. (ours is)Unfortunately, a lot of it come to your local fish market the same way. They should post signs that say "previously frozen" some do, some don't. Welcome to food 101. We buy precut potato wedges for our rest. It's the seasonings we use..Grated parm. etc. that give them the great flavor. We use good homemade seasonings. That can be the key to great tasting fries, etc. v/s bland fries. AS to our meats. Those we buy, smoke/cure & age in house. Those are things you just can't buy! Try a homemade Rueben with house cured meats v/s outside vendor meats. Oh yeah, there's a difference! You guys have some great deli's down there, I hope you enjoy them.

Finally remembered the name of the rest. It is called GG's. Really nice rest. Yeah pretty pricey. Nice way to start the vacation. There were no shorts at all(inside or on the deck where we ate). I'm sure they do wear shorts at lunch. It was a Sat. night & people were on the town as they say.

Most moderately priced places use a mix of freshmade & prepurchased items. Though I like all fresh made, I see the economics of some prepurchsed items. Nearly ALL fries, for example are purchased & not "homemade". Many apps. are purchased from outside vendors. Even a lot of the higher end places do this now. If the fries look all quite similar, chances are they are purchased from outside vendors. They may still taste fine, but aren't homemade. A prime example are mashed potatoes. We've ALL had the "powdered" variety.(yuck!) Most mashed "in house" potatoes are actually delivered in 50lb. bags. They are cut/peeled/washed & delivered. One slice that goes bad will ruin the entire bag in less than a day if not discovered. Since we are a smaller high end deli type rest, our mashed are totally made in house. If you like to do your own mashed at home..add a few dashes of "Franks Red Hot Sauce" Really adds a nice flavor! Nearly ALL fresh fish is actually fresh frozen. (ours is)Unfortunately, a lot of it come to your local fish market the same way. They should post signs that say "previously frozen" some do, some don't. Welcome to food 101. We buy precut potato wedges for our rest. It's the seasonings we use..Grated parm. etc. that give them the great flavor. We use good homemade seasonings. That can be the key to great tasting fries, etc. v/s bland fries. AS to our meats. Those we buy, smoke/cure & age in house. Those are things you just can't buy! Try a homemade Rueben with house cured meats v/s outside vendor meats. Oh yeah, there's a difference! You guys have some great deli's down there, I hope you enjoy them.

http://www.ggswaterfront.com

Place looks good. Thanks for the tip; it is on the list.

http://www.ggswaterfront.com

Place looks good. Thanks for the tip; it is on the list.

We went the night before our Regal cruise. Great way to start the vacation. Can get dressy(as it was that Sat. night)That being said, nice slacks & collared shirt are fine.(what we wore) Loved the outdoor deck(well, until the gusty showers came along!)They do have a curtain to be lowered in that case. A lot of Russians were there that night(an homage to the old mob days?)Outstanding seafood. You'll have a great time!

I find the Princess wake-up call to be perfectly reliable. There's no clock in the room other than the phone.

Though Med cruises are more formal, I still saw some people dressed less formally than tuxedos or suits accepted into the dining room, wearing clothes like what you described. Jeans and shorts were turned away on regular nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I find the Princess wake-up call to be perfectly reliable. There's no clock in the room other than the phone.

Though Med cruises are more formal, I still saw some people dressed less formally than tuxedos or suits accepted into the dining room, wearing clothes like what you described. Jeans and shorts were turned away on regular nights.

They must have been pretty ratty looking jeans to be turned away since they now accept most anything. :D:rolleyes:

Floridalover5623, I was pretty surprised to hear them saying it, since it's a lot more lax now. I didn't see what the passenger's clothes looked like because we were in a hurry.

They could have been the type that come with rips & tares from the factory. It's about the only type they reject.

I've even see a worn out pair of faded jeans & the ones with suspenders- they let most of them in without question.

They could have been the type that come with rips & tares from the factory. It's about the only type they reject.

I've even see a worn out pair of faded jeans & the ones with suspenders- they let most of them in without question.

:) I have to confess I wouldn't let my daughter where torn jeans into the dining room. BUT on a funny note her ripped capri jeans cost me more than her last cocktail dress.