Do you have any MSC Divina questions?

BermudaBound2014

We are sitting in LeMuse with first of many mojitos. The maitre de is Jackamo and is amazing! He knew us by name. We met Putra already too :). There was a slight debacle boarding. They called us to board at 11:30, but the scanner wasn't working so we all waited on the gangway with the alarm blaring for nearly 30 minutes. Would have been fine except the alarm which was really loud in that enclosed space. If I'm keeping score, boarding non-yacht club last March was actually a faster process, but not nearly as personal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bermuda

Could you please ask when Putra is on the ship til. Have a fab time, and thanks :):)

Our room- deck 15. Comparing it to fantastica I would say it is very similar in size. Bathroom has a tub and marble but less usable storage under sink. Walk in closet is nice when traveling with friends for privacy changing. My aft balcony in Fantasia was twice the size, but that should be expected with an aft. For those used to suites on mainstream lines you may find yc1 a bit small but it is totally adequate.

81f4dbf7170b47f35ec0691c05f831e3.jpg

My room in fantastica for comparison bc635cbab0cb879cf7b9bffc1b7ab10c.jpg

Great thread, many thanks. I have a question about booking shore excursions. Can the YC concierges provide assistance with specialized excursions (i.e. Not crowded), or can they only assist in booking the ones offered by MSC?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Dwit- I'll ask for you, but I've always had better luck pre-planning excursions to get exactly what I want. I recommend viator to get an idea of what is offered then try to book directly.

The 10 item laundry package is only available for pre-purchase. b0e9b3771c95e1de1a2542eb1751bcaf.jpg

For the person asking about he blow drier, here is a photo. You must hold down the toggle to get it to work. Not super strong.b2bf7197de10b78e6ef8225ad7fc823c.jpg

Hi Bermuda.....thank you so much for your quick response and the picture of the blow dryer!!! I appreciate it! Did you bring your own blow dryer on board? Enjoy your cruise!!! I love this thread!

Hi Bermuda,

What a sweet offer! I have a couple of things if you could find out:

1) Is Putra (butler) still on board and if so, will he be there in 2 weeks?

2 ) Who is the current maitre d' in Le Muse?

3) What type of gin is in the mini frig?

4) They haven't had rum in the little mini bottles previously...just wondering if they might now.

Ok, it was more than a couple:D

Where are you staying in Miami? We are coming down a day early (in 2 weeks) and have reservations in Coconut Grove.

TIA,

Michelle

I think I answered everything except the rum question. It's sad but true, no rum in mini-fridge. Tanqueray, absolute, and jw red. :)

For the person asking about he blow drier, here is a photo. You must hold down the toggle to get it to work. Not super strong.b2bf7197de10b78e6ef8225ad7fc823c.jpg

Hi Bermuda.....thank you so much for your quick response and the picture of the blow dryer!!! I appreciate it! Did you bring your own blow dryer on board? Enjoy your cruise!!! I love this thread!

You're welcome. I did not bring my own- I'm not picky about the hair dryer. My hair is long so most of the time I just pin it up wet. I'd say it's about as strong as a 1200 unit. It will do that trick unless your hair is super thick :)

This looks just awful. Was their any seating in this bar? Since I am going to have a boot on my foot, standing for a long period of time is not the best thing for me right now. Obviously we have already planned to head to our muster station extra early next Saturday so I don't have to do stairs. In a real emergency I could, but it is better for me not to have to unless it is necessary.

There must be a better way - second MSC muster, second cluster. Yacht club is held in piano bar and was more crowded than black and white lounge muster.

d8849ea708b1cd6316a08e259bb7952e.jpg

Met our butler victor after the muster. He is ADORABLE- snacks in top sail were a bit odd for me, but I have simple taste :).

there was a nice looking salsa, but no chips. They didn't have the veggies in basamic I'm looking forward to, but they did have pearl onions in basalmic and a decent mushroom crepe [emoji57].

No worries about muster- it's a cluster but navigable. You will positively want to go to muster early because seating is limited AND they will shut down the lifts so you probably don't want to walk down the steps from deck 15 to 7. If you get their early you will be able to get a seat no problem. Choose a table for two- they were cramming folks in on the couches. No worries- be early.

Instead of top sail snacks we went for pizza/salad. There is a distinct difference in noise level from the yacht club to the buffet, but I do love MSC pizza de2eaf41c659af81aea047ec7e0e9185.jpg

This looks just awful. Was their any seating in this bar? Since I am going to have a boot on my foot, standing for a long period of time is not the best thing for me right now. Obviously we have already planned to head to our muster station extra early next Saturday so I don't have to do stairs. In a real emergency I could, but it is better for me not to have to unless it is necessary.

You can let them know you need assistance and they will make sure you don't have to do stairs. Wait for a while after muster and it's easier to use elevator.

We are sitting in LeMuse with first of many mojitos. The maitre de is Jackamo and is amazing! He knew us by name. We met Putra already too :). There was a slight debacle boarding. They called us to board at 11:30, but the scanner wasn't working so we all waited on the gangway with the alarm blaring for nearly 30 minutes. Would have been fine except the alarm which was really loud in that enclosed space. If I'm keeping score, boarding non-yacht club last March was actually a faster process, but not nearly as personal.

Oh no! Sorry you had to deal with that :(

Edited by FLAMOM24

I think I answered everything except the rum question. It's sad but true, no rum in mini-fridge. Tanqueray, absolute, and jw red. :)

YAY!!! Putra is there. Glad you met him. It's been a while since Kim and I cruised so I'm not sure he'll remember us by name. Please tell him we said "hi" (if you remind him we had the decorations and crazy sunglasses in cabin 15031 with a 3rd "intersting" roommate, he'll probably remember ;) ) and let him know (warn him...haha) Kim and I will be in the YC for the 4th of July sailing.

Thank you so much! :)

Michelle

Edited by FLAMOM24