Bed Placement on M Class Ships

TardisDance

Does anyone know if there's a certain pattern to how beds are place on M class ships? Basically, my DH prefers to sleep on the left side of the bed and not face the balcony. I'm trying to fit the perfect bed setup on the Summit and getting a bit frustrated with the deck plans.

Does anyone know if there's a certain pattern to how beds are place on M class ships? Basically, my DH prefers to sleep on the left side of the bed and not face the balcony. I'm trying to fit the perfect bed setup on the Summit and getting a bit frustrated with the deck plans.

We have now cruised with =X= for over a decade. In our cabins the beds have always been placed on the deck (floor to none naval persons).

:D:D:):D:D

Time for a new husband? Go for a inside, no balcony to worry about. Check the M class cabin info above.

Haha funny, except when your DH has a sleeping disorder, bed placement can be important. Helpful information please.

Edited by TardisDance

Haha funny, except when your DH has a sleeping disorder, bed placement can be important. Helpful information please.

Have you checked out the M class sticky above?

You may also want to check socket placement and/or lead extension arrangement. As I understand it, it is not a question of if the bed is placed near the balcony or bathroom, but which wall?

Bed placement varies. In most balcony cabins the beds are positioned parallel to the balcony, facing either front of ship (bow) or back (stern).

If his side of the bed is closest to the balcony and he sleeps on his side facing the balcony, then he could be facing the balcony even though the bed is positioned forward and aft.

But in some cabins, such as stern cabins, the beds are positioned side to side, facing either left (port side) or right (starboard side). The beds in the Celebrity Suites face starboard, but are surrounded by walls and the balcony comes off the living room, not the bedroom.

Then there are sky suites where the beds do face the balcony, on either side of the ship.

It would probably be easier if you list some of the staterooms that you are considering and then people who are familiar with them can tell you which way the beds face in those specific staterooms.

Or easiest of all, just keep the draperies closed when he is in bed and he won't even see the balcony.

We have now cruised with =X= for over a decade. In our cabins the beds have always been placed on the deck (floor to none naval persons).

:D:D:):D:D

LOL. Mr. Obvious strikes again!

I suggest the OP get her hubby a sleep mask, as light from the veranda is the only reason I can think of for it's location being a factor in his sleep quality.

Bed placement varies. In most balcony cabins the beds are positioned parallel to the balcony, facing either front of ship (bow) or back (stern).

If his side of the bed is closest to the balcony and he sleeps on his side facing the balcony, then he could be facing the balcony even though the bed is positioned forward and aft.

But in some cabins, such as stern cabins, the beds are positioned side to side, facing either left (port side) or right (starboard side). The beds in the Celebrity Suites face starboard, but are surrounded by walls and the balcony comes off the living room, not the bedroom.

Then there are sky suites where the beds do face the balcony, on either side of the ship.

It would probably be easier if you list some of the staterooms that you are considering and then people who are familiar with them can tell you which way the beds face in those specific staterooms.

Or easiest of all, just keep the draperies closed when he is in bed and he won't even see the balcony.

And in some cabins you don't even see the balcony from the bed e.g. FVs ;).

I can only speak to cabin 9138. The bed is on the right side of the cabin. If you are facing the head of the bed the left side is next to the balcony doors. Unfortunately Celebrity deck plans do not show bed placement like Norwegians do. We are on the summit again in December and can try to get more info then. A TA may have more info about specific layouts. When are you looking at the Summit?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's because room lighting is an issue and drapery in cabins doesn't always cover all the light. Difficult when you want to sleep in on vacation! We've gone through a dozen sleep masks and each of them have something uncomfortable about them (too tight, too hot, etc.). I've brought clothes pins before to help cover the drapes better, and while they help, it's not a good band-aid.

So yes, a bed positioned on the left side of cabin would be ideal. I'm in cabin 6031 at the moment after switching from 6016 with concerns over the steel enclosures on the balcony. I would have stuck to it, but then I noticed that the cabin search is working again on Celebrity's site (or maybe they finally released the other cabins?)

I thought maybe the placement alternates, so when I saw that 6035 with the bed on the right, maybe 6031 does too? Now I'm worried I made a bad choice. On the port side, 6027 is available. On the starboard - 6028, 6026, 6024, 6022. Do any of these cabins have the bed on the left side of the cabin? Pictures would be helpful.

Edited by TardisDance

I can only speak to cabin 9138. The bed is on the right side of the cabin. If you are facing the head of the bed the left side is next to the balcony doors. Unfortunately Celebrity deck plans do not show bed placement like Norwegians do. We are on the summit again in December and can try to get more info then. A TA may have more info about specific layouts. When are you looking at the Summit?

In November 2017. I know it's probably crazy to worry about it this far in advance, but the sweet 16 cabins are still available. I'm way too much of a planner for my own good :D

It's because room lighting is an issue and drapery in cabins doesn't always cover all the light. Difficult when you want to sleep in on vacation! We've gone through a dozen sleep masks and each of them have something uncomfortable about them (too tight, too hot, etc.). I've brought clothes pins before, and while they help, it's not a good band-aid.

So yes, a bed positioned on the left side of cabin would be ideal. I'm in cabin 6031 at the moment after switching from 6016 with concerns over the steel enclosures on the balcony. I would have stuck to it, but then I noticed that the cabin search is working again on Celebrity's site (or maybe they finally released the other cabins?)

I thought maybe the placement alternates, so when I saw that 6035 with the bed on the right, maybe 6031 does too? Now I'm worried I made a bad choice. On the port side, 6027 is available. On the starboard - 6028, 6026, 6024, 6022. Do any of these cabins have the bed on the left side of the cabin? Pictures would be helpful.

I was serious in an earlier post when I recommended a sleep mask. Good ones are usually silk and are hardly noticeable according to friends who swear by them. Another suggestion, my DW always uses soft foam earplugs when traveling, land or sea. She says they keep noisy HVAC and other unusual sounds from disturbing her. They don't stop loud announcements or alarms for safety sake.

In November 2017. I know it's probably crazy to worry about it this far in advance, but the sweet 16 cabins are still available. I'm way too much of a planner for my own good :D

Planning is always good especially when you want a good cabin. We are brooke on RCCL for December 2017 because of the cabin that we wanted.

• 5 months later...
I wish it was available or I would have totally grabbed it.

Not sure if it is too late but we were in 9138 again this past week and the set up is the same as the above cabin. Guess that we remembered it wrong!

Edited by cruisin' kls