Explore Cooper Landing Tour?

Counselor51

Has anyone ever taken the Explore Cooper Landing Tour while staying at the Princess Kenai Lodge. I can't find any reviews about it and I am thinking it might not be worth it. Thanks!

Have you checked Trip Adviser?

sounds pretty lame to me. https://www.princesslodges.com/princess-alaska-lodges/kenai-lodge/kenai-activities/

How much time do you have at the lodge? It's a beautiful location with gorgeous views of the river. If you only have an afternoon, follow a trail down to the river to a dock and watch the rafts and boats drift by. (talk loudly as you walk, there are a lot of bear in the area) I've used their RV campground next door and really enjoyed the Rafters Lounge in the hotel. It's a relaxing way to spend an afternoon, just enjoying the view of the river and boats, while drinking a cold one.

If you have more time, the excursion to Seward is a better deal. Instead of $35 for a 3 hr excursion at Cooper Landing, the Seward trip is $50 for 7 hrs.

In Seward you can wander around the harbor, visit with fisherman as they arrive from charters, visit the SeaLife Center and/or take the $10 shuttle to spend time at Exit Glacier. Or take the 6 hr Kenai Fjords boat tour. Seward is a nice little town to wander around for a day. There's a waterfront path that leads from the Harbor to downtown, next doodr to the Sealife Center ( about 1 1/2 miles) or take a cab for $5, or if there's a ship in town, there's a free shuttle thru town.

Edited by mapleleaves

Has anyone ever taken the Explore Cooper Landing Tour while staying at the Princess Kenai Lodge. I can't find any reviews about it and I am thinking it might not be worth it. Thanks!

What is it- that caused YOU to consider this choice? What was your reason for adding Cooper Landing, in the first place, what about it that was of interest for you?

You need to ask yourself these questions. Overall= it's a basic- cheap, time filling tour- bluntly and simply put. This is all some people want. Would most of the long time Alaska posters ever consider it- nope. :)

As mentioned- you do have other superior opportunities in Seward, plus it's excellent fishing on the Kenai and Russian Rivers- near this lodge.

Figure out what you are going to Alaska for, and what you want out of your trip. Doesn't matter what others have chosen.

Thanks to you both for your advice, I had really kind of decided to cancel this prior to writing this post but I wanted to see if anyone else had gone on the tour and enjoyed it. We are going to be at the lodge for three nights so we are spending a day in Seward and I booked a river float for the next day instead of the Cooper Landing Tour. I think it makes sense to spend a day mostly relaxing and enjoying the scenery there.

Edited by Counselor51