Might get married in Cozumel...recommendations?

CruisingWeddingGirl

Hi all--so my fiancé and myself and about 40 of our closest friends and family will be on board the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa on April 8th and want to get married in either Key West or Cozumel. We are a VERY low-key couple who want a VERY low-key wedding! Our vision was to get off of the ship, find a beach with all of our friends/family, and have my fiance's best man marry us--then go party with everyone. We don't need chairs or an isle runner or an arch--just everyone we care about there to witness our vowels :)

We originally were leaning towards Key West, but it's not really a beach town so now I'm open to checking out Cozumel. Does anyone have any suggestions for a great, non-crowded beach and then a place to head to afterwards to celebrate?

Nachi Cocum only allows 100 people in the place max and never croweded because of that. Very rustic and beautiful AI resort on the beach. They have wedding packages as well and they do an outstanding job there. The food and drinks are very good and the best part of it is the beautiful beach.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/eng/weddings-events.cfm

Great place for ideas. https://www.pinterest.com/cruisewed/cozumel-cruise-port-wedding/

Edited by BrotherCraig

Not sure from your question, if this will just be a symbolic ceremony, otherwise there are legal requirements to fulfill if you actually want to get "married" in Mexico.

Assuming it is just symbolic with a group of friends, I second the suggestion of going to the east side. I think Coconuts would be extremely crowded if you descended with an extra 40 people on an already popular venue, although it is a fun stop. My suggestion for a ceremony would be Punta Morena, large beach club with ample space to find an area on your own. (go to Google images to see widespread sandy beach areas). I have had a photographer there for a photo shoot and there are several interesting photo ops, including a ship wreck which makes interesting photos. Plenty of space and restaurant with mariachis to hang out afterwards.

Punta Morena is a stop on the Bar Hop and to solve transport issues it may be possible to work with them to provide a private charter for you and your guests. Other stops on the Bar Hop include Coconuts and Rasta's but I am not sure about timing, you would need to discuss with them your options.

Edited by c-leg5

I 2nd Nachi CoCom idea, because the place is amazing and I bet you could just buy the place for the day. Beach, pool, great drinks and awesome food is all paid for with day pass bought. They a sound system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Not sure from your question, if this will just be a symbolic ceremony, otherwise there are legal requirements to fulfill if you actually want to get "married" in Mexico.

Assuming it is just symbolic with a group of friends, I second the suggestion of going to the east side. I think Coconuts would be extremely crowded if you descended with an extra 40 people on an already popular venue, although it is a fun stop. My suggestion for a ceremony would be Punta Morena, large beach club with ample space to find an area on your own. (go to Google images to see widespread sandy beach areas). I have had a photographer there for a photo shoot and there are several interesting photo ops, including a ship wreck which makes interesting photos. Plenty of space and restaurant with mariachis to hang out afterwards.

Punta Morena is a stop on the Bar Hop and to solve transport issues it may be possible to work with them to provide a private charter for you and your guests. Other stops on the Bar Hop include Coconuts and Rasta's but I am not sure about timing, you would need to discuss with them your options.

I too was wondering if this was just a symbolic wedding. I was under the impression you had to abide by the laws of the state/country where you plan to marry. Had to have a license in PA and in FL to get married and there were waiting times too as I recall. Check it out to make certain you will be legally married.