Harmony and France

Does anyone know if Harmony of the Seas is docking in France this week or is she skipping that port again?

Trying to figure out if I should cancel the excursion I have booked there.

I don't see any itinerary changes with regard to Harmony:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do

Does anyone know if Harmony of the Seas is docking in France this week or is she skipping that port again?

Trying to figure out if I should cancel the excursion I have booked there.

We are on the beautiful Harmony right now - sailing in to Marseille as I type !!!

Last weeks visit was cancelled due to some strike, they spent longer in Palma apparently. This ship is fabulous, we are loving it.

We are on the beautiful Harmony right now - sailing in to Marseille as I type !!!

Good to hear. One Thought less.

Just with packing. Tomorrow morning our flight goes to Barcelona

and we are on this beautyful Cruise next week

Last weeks visit was cancelled due to some strike, they spent longer in Palma apparently. This ship is fabulous, we are loving it.

We were on last week. Stayed in Palma until very late. We watched the Fine Line while in port. France had a Day of strikes called for the 14th where even more folks were going to be on strike including dock workers. This was also a couple of days after the Russian and British soccer hooligans had a little kerfluffle in Marseilles.

A warning if you are DIYer for Rome, we had chaos once off the ship trying to get on the mandatory shuttle buses to get out of the port area. Too many people surging to get on the few buses (port people claimed 13 of them) they had running and no queuing what so ever.

Hopefully they have American bacon for the whole cruise now. We did not get that until day 6

A warning if you are DIYer for Rome, we had chaos once off the ship trying to get on the mandatory shuttle buses to get out of the port area. Too many people surging to get on the few buses (port people claimed 13 of them) they had running and no queuing what so ever.

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of!!! What time was this? We were hoping to disembark right at 7:00 to get the 7:50something train. We may have to set our Midwestern politeness aside and make it every man for themselves.

Quick question, how did you get into town? Did RCL have a shuttle, or did you catch the free one?

Oh, and where did the ship dock?

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of!!! What time was this? We were hoping to disembark right at 7:00 to get the 7:50something train. We may have to set our Midwestern politeness aside and make it every man for themselves.

We got into port about 1.5 hours late because another ship was in the spot we were going to. Because of being late, I think it was a little more chaotic than a normal 7am docking, with all the private groups and the other DIYers trying to exit at the same time because of the lateness. I was happy we booked an afternoon Vatican Museum time and not a morning one.

However, we found that every port, they did not allow people off the ship until about 20-30 minutes after we docked. 7:50 would be tough with the bus out of the port, and then the bus to the station. We walked to the station, and it was about a 25 minute walk.

Because of being late into port, we stayed in port until 10pm

Edited by gjr

haxdragon,

The ship docks at Terminal B. Check here (scroll down for the port map) - sorry the map is not available on the English website. The red dot near Terminal E indicated the free port shuttle. The green line leads to the public bus (and acutally there is a green line on the street which you can follow).

Last year on the Allure RCI offered a shuttle for 23 USD (!) :eek:. We opted to walk the 20 min / 2 km to the public bus No. 35 to Place de la Joliette (single ticket was 1.90 Euro, bought from the driver).

The free port shuttle runs within the port area close to Place de la Joliette. Last year it didn´t run on Tuesdays. I sent an email to the port and received a short answer saying the free shuttle does run now for the Harmony.

Maybe Pencruise can tell us whether this is true...

steamboats

We were hoping to disembark right at 7:00 to get the 7:50something train.

The 7:50 am train might be a bit too early. Although we didn´t leave early last year (Allure) it was a whole mess. No organized queues for the shuttle busses. We finally found one and squeezed in. All individually departing guests (it´s an interporting port! We had app. 1,400 guests leaving/boarding that day) are using the shuttle busses too. We only went into Civitavecchia that day.

At the parking area the shuttle ends there´s a shop at the corner where you can already buy the BIRG tickets for the train (and some water). We walked the whole thing to the train station and it´s a 20 min walk (leisure, we could have been faster). Rather than walking you can take a second shuttle bus (2 Euro) which is going from the parking lot to the train station.

Although the terminal is not too far away from the parking lot area the shuttle takes app. 10 min to get there.

steamboats

haxdragon,

The ship docks at Terminal B. Check here (scroll down for the port map) - sorry the map is not available on the English website. The red dot near Terminal E indicated the free port shuttle. The green line leads to the public bus (and acutally there is a green line on the street which you can follow).

Last year on the Allure RCI offered a shuttle for 23 USD (!) :eek:. We opted to walk the 20 min / 2 km to the public bus No. 35 to Place de la Joliette (single ticket was 1.90 Euro, bought from the driver).

The free port shuttle runs within the port area close to Place de la Joliette. Last year it didn´t run on Tuesdays. I sent an email to the port and received a short answer saying the free shuttle does run now for the Harmony.

Maybe Pencruise can tell us whether this is true...

steamboats

We are still onboard so I am sorry but I cannot answer this question. I think the taxi from the hotel to the port last Sunday was about 30 euros. I will try and find out if there is a free shuttle though.

Pencruise,

The free shuttle we were talking about is in Marseille ;)! Hope to receive a confirmation that it´s really running on Tuesdays for the Harmony as it did run Fri-Sun only last year.

As for Barcelona there´s the blue port bus T3 which goes to the Columbus column at the beginning of La Rambla. This bus is 3 Euro one way and 4 Euro back and forth.

Taxi from port to airport (or vice versa) is a flat fee of 39 Euro.

steamboats

Pencruise,

The free shuttle we were talking about is in Marseille ;)! Hope to receive a confirmation that it´s really running on Tuesdays for the Harmony as it did run Fri-Sun only last year.

As for Barcelona there´s the blue port bus T3 which goes to the Columbus column at the beginning of La Rambla. This bus is 3 Euro one way and 4 Euro back and forth.

steamboats

I just spoke to the Concierge and he told me the same thing about the Barcelona shuttle. Sorry I do not know about Marseille as we took a taxi there.

Pencruise,

steamboats

I asked the Concierge last evening about the Marseille shuttle, he said that there was one and it went to the old port and the cost is 18 euros per person round trip, hope this helps.

I asked the Concierge last evening about the Marseille shuttle, he said that there was one and it went to the old port and the cost is 18 euros per person round trip, hope this helps.

That´s the shuttle RCI is offering ;)! But there´s also a free shuttle offered by the port.

steamboats

That´s the shuttle RCI is offering ;)! But there´s also a free shuttle offered by the port.

steamboats

I am sorry but he didn't seem to know anything about a free shuttle offered by the port, I will see if I can find out anything else. We took a taxi to the other side of the old port and for four of us it was 25 euros.