Harmoney Barcelona cruise terminals

I read on another thread that HOS takes two terminals on Barcelona. One for the bow, another for the stern. How does that work when a group is split between them?

I'm in the stern but my friends are in the bow. Will I get yelled at if I try boarding with them?

And when we depart, will my bags be in a different terminal then theirs? That will make getting a taxi to the airport a pain...

I would go to the terminal to which you have been assigned. What is the big deal with meeting on the ship somewhere right after boarding?

Edited by clarea

The Norwegian Epic, which docks at Terminal A, is just 30 meters or 100 feet shorter than Harmony of the Seas which is using a 2 terminal solution at Terminals B (Bow) and C (stern)

The port of Barcelona envisioned the 2 terminal solution to ease the flow of passengers and goods to and from the ships when an Oasis class vessel is in port.

As taxis from the airport have a set rate they would most likely be happy to drop one set of passengers at Terminal B and the other at Terminal C. The walk between terminals on the exterior of Terminal B to the taxi waiting area of Terminal C would not be a problem for anyone not having mobility issues.

Bags could be left with either terminal as this is handled prior to entering the secure terminal with boarding documents.

I would think the ship would have procedures in place for the departing passengers traveling together with different assigned disembarkation and would be able to match luggage tags to ease departure for just those few passengers affected.

It´s as MADFlyer said, shouldn´t be problem for a taxi to drop one part of the group at B and the other at C.

And yes, it´s the same for departure. Forward cabins will get odd numbers, aft cabins will get even numbers. Odd numbers go to terminal B, even to C. I took a photo here.

You should be able to get different luggage tags at Guest Services. But I won´t rely on that. If you place your luggage with odd numbers in front of an aft cabin it might end at terminal C anyway and you have a problem finding your bags.

But you can easily walk between the two terminals. No problem.

When we boarded for the 2 nighter there was only one gangway leading up to the ship and people were coming from both sides (meaning from both terminals).

steamboats

The majority board via terminal B, muster zones A-E. The aft section (muster zones F and G) via terminal C.

Previously going to the wrong terminal would have bigger problems with cruise cards pre-printed in the terminals so the ones in the other terminal wouldn't get their cards .

If they follow the new method with cards outside your cabins it's not an issue.

With respect to luggage, those in terminal B will have tags showing fwd or midship holds, those guys terminal C aft hold so luggage left at the wrong terminal would probably take longer to arrive as the steward would have to drag it the length of the ship unless those on the pier make a special trip along the quayside.

On departure definitely stick to your terminal for the tags (so if you want to go together get same tags and maybe even wheel your case up to the other cabin?) alternatively easy walk off can be used. The reason the terminal is important is because like in an airport they don't allow people into the claim for the other terminal from the outside.

Edited by Single Cruiser

Do you know which terminal in Civitavecchia?

Hi,

When we were on the Allure last year, it was only one terminal in Civitavecchia as you will find most of the Passengers board in Barcelona.

Steven

Hi,

When we were on the Allure last year, it was only one terminal in Civitavecchia as you will find most of the Passengers board in Barcelona.

Steven

Civiavecchia is a very big port. A few years ago there were 3 RCCL ships there at the same time. Harmony will use just one terminal.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Previously going to the wrong terminal would have bigger problems with cruise cards pre-printed in the terminals so the ones in the other terminal wouldn't get their cards .

If they follow the new method with cards outside your cabins it's not an issue.

Card should be at the cabin door. At least it was for the 2 nighter out of Barcelona.

steamboats