Carnival Valor

Hello! I am going on my first cruise in November. I am excited and nervous too. I just want this to be a great experience for my family. Can someone who has been on this ship comment with their experiences...good or bad? Our oceanview rooms are on the 2nd deck, mid ship. I did not get any perks, hopefully down the road I might. How is the food? Entertainment and such? TIA!

What's over your cabin? Check the deck plans, lining up the elevators.

Check the FunTimes daily to see what's going on. Can keep as busy or as lazy as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If possible, I'd move. You'll be under the entrance to the galley. Could be the drinks area or the dishwasher. Expect some noise from above. Galley is almost a 24/7 operation.

Thank you! Stupid question, but is that bad? I'm clueless.

It depends.

For our first cruise (on the Fantasy) we were under the galley and never heard a sound from up above. The smells were awesome. ;)

We are cruising on the Valor in October and have the same situation as you. We're on the port side and further down the hallway. We're staying put.....unless the Upgrade Fairy calls. :D

If possible, I'd move. You'll be under the entrance to the galley. Could be the drinks area or the dishwasher. Expect some noise from above. Galley is almost a 24/7 operation.

How does that compare to under the dining room? We're 2444 on the Valor, which is under the dining room pretty close to the MDR entrance (but not underneath the galley door).

How does that compare to under the dining room? We're 2444 on the Valor, which is under the dining room pretty close to the MDR entrance (but not underneath the galley door).

I don't think being under the MDR would be much of an issue as the floors are carpeted. You might hear a bump or two in the morning, but the real traffic flow is in the evening for dinner and you will be awake during those hours.

I also sailed on the Valor in November, we went to Ocho Rios, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. It was a great Itinerary and I really enjoyed the ship actually one of my favorites I have been on so far. Had great service, I appreciated the theme. Enjoy the seaside theater, the many food options, and catch a comedy show at the punch liner. The rooms remain pretty quiet and you'll have a great time, great ship for a first time.

Edited by JJCruisn

• 1 month later...

I was under the galley on a cruise once. It was so bad one night I slept on a deck chair near the pool. CHANGE YOUR CABIN!!!!!

Congrats on your first cruise! It's a great way to travel - you unpack, and the hotel moves. And you never have to worry about where to eat next. :)

I'm sailing the Valor in a week, so can't address your specific questions on this ship, but suggest that you read both the professional and member reviews in the reviews section on this site. That said, take all reviews with a grain of salt. People will complain. A lot.

My experience from a lifetime of travel and many cruises is that there is always good and not so good, but in the end, satisfaction depends more on one's attitude than the specifics of the ship. Relax, enjoy yourselves, and don't expect things to be perfect because chances are they won't be... Roll with it - sometimes the best travel experiences are found when things don't go according to plan. :D

I've sailed the Valor 7 times, and had 6 good cruises on this ship. Research your ports, maybe do ship excursions until you learn the ropes and gain some experience sailing.

Try new things out, don't be afraid to explore, and have fun!

We cruised on the Valor last November and loved it! You can see in my signature where we went. Loved our stops, even with being diverted from St. Thomas. The crew was really good, dining room was good. We didn't go to any of the shows though, we were traveling with 2 other couples, so we'd hang in a lounge each night. The husbands all smoked cigars, so we were in the one lounge that you could do that in, or on the deck.

Really can't think of any complaints I had about this ship. And can't speak to the room you're in, we were on deck 10 I think.

We are cruising November 6th and we are on the main deck under the galley, we are taking first time cruisers. I choose this area because I like being near the laundry which you are. To many things don't bother me but I will see how it is being in my cabin. If I don't like it I will not book there the next time. I will enjoy myself with family just go with the flow!! Happy Sailing:D