Help - Drink Package???

Hi All!

This is my husbands and I's first time sailing with RCL. We are sailing on Harmony of the Seas out of Rome in September. We are normally big drinkers when we are on vacation because well why not :D

I am not sure if we should order one of the unlimited drink packages now (looking at the premium) as we only have 1 sea day and most of the time will be spent off the ship. I still think we may have 2-3 drinks each at dinner maybe more who knows (normally drink mixed drinks). Is the drink package worth it or should we just pay as we go? I'd hate to have to buy a package on the ship when the price is much more so hoping to make a decision on this shortly.

I was also thinking of just getting the premium package just for my husband as he can drink a lot more than I can and then just paying for my drinks? But I know at $10-15 a drink that can add up too.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!

We are normally big drinkers when we are on vacation because well why not :D

Well, that's definitely +1 for the package.

Your next question, is the price of the package work having a stress free vacation? I always get a package because I really don't want to think about what I'm spending. Trust me, you won't worry about getting 'your monies worth', you'll just have a good time.

If you are unsure wait until you are on board and purchase it then. It does not cost more on board and can be purchased any day as long as there are at least 4 days including the last day remaining on your itinerary. A general rule of thumb is that the rough break even is about 6+ drinks per day every day.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you are unsure wait until you are on board and purchase it then. It does not cost more on board and can be purchased any day as long as there are at least 4 days including the last day remaining on your itinerary. A general rule of thumb is that the rough break even is about 6+ drinks per day every day.

Enjoy your cruise!

Actually, it may cost you more onboard. Before we sailed in May, we had 20% off in cruise personaliser on drinks packages. But yes, you don't have to buy in advance, you can buy a package up until day 4 (on a 7 day cruise).

We also had a 10 drinks for just under 90usd (plus 18% gratuity) offer on our sailing, offered couple of days into our 7 day cruise. They also had 6 bottles of beer for the price of 5 in a cooler bag offers at the pool bar.

Remember that every soft drink & every mocktail costs as well, depending on a package it may contain fresh orange juice, premium coffee and water too. Like when you want to take one on excursion with you.

We prefer drinks packages for ease of mind..never having to think about the individual cost of a drink. Plus we like a range of wines and cocktails - if it was beer only we consumed, pay as you go might work for us...

Hi All!

This is my husbands and I's first time sailing with RCL. We are sailing on Harmony of the Seas out of Rome in September. We are normally big drinkers when we are on vacation because well why not :D

I am not sure if we should order one of the unlimited drink packages now (looking at the premium) as we only have 1 sea day and most of the time will be spent off the ship. I still think we may have 2-3 drinks each at dinner maybe more who knows (normally drink mixed drinks). Is the drink package worth it or should we just pay as we go? I'd hate to have to buy a package on the ship when the price is much more so hoping to make a decision on this shortly.

I was also thinking of just getting the premium package just for my husband as he can drink a lot more than I can and then just paying for my drinks? But I know at $10-15 a drink that can add up too.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks!

Check in your cruise planner to see if the drink packages are on sale for your sailing. If they are, you will save a lot to buy them now.

Good thing is you both of you can have your own package, it is not like in the olden days when both had to be on the same one. Your hubby could get the Premium one and you could get the soft drink one only and then PAYG on your cocktails/spirits.

If you think you are likely to have a couple per day, the 10 alcoholic drinks package sold onboard might be useful to you. You can't get that beforehand, though.

Onboard Vision we also had a daily cocktail on offer for under 10usd (plus grats) though most were 12+

Remember you can take a bottle of wine or bubbly onboard on the first day each in your carry-on, max two per cabin.

We get the premium pkg. Gets us pretty much whatever we want..

Honestly, if you have 5 drinks a day plus water and soda you have totally paid for the package and it makes a relaxing time even more relaxing.

Good thing is you both of you can have your own package, it is not like in the olden days when both had to be on the same one. Your hubby could get the Premium one and you could get the soft drink one only and then PAYG on your cocktails/spirits.

If you think you are likely to have a couple per day, the 10 alcoholic drinks package sold onboard might be useful to you. You can't get that beforehand, though.

Onboard Vision we also had a daily cocktail on offer for under 10usd (plus grats) though most were 12+

Remember you can take a bottle of wine or bubbly onboard on the first day each in your carry-on, max two per cabin.

The 10 drink card isn't always offered though. I saw the Compasses for last week's Harmony sailing and it wasn't advertised. DH and I have not bought a package in the past but did buy the Premium this time - at $10 to $15 a drink we'll probably break even, but even so I'm looking forward to not worrying about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 10 drink card isn't always offered though. I saw the Compasses for last week's Harmony sailing and it wasn't advertised. DH and I have not bought a package in the past but did buy the Premium this time - at $10 to $15 a drink we'll probably break even, but even so I'm looking forward to not worrying about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Oasis, I don't remember it being advertised in the compass but there were signs at the bars advertising it. The card was $79 plus 18% gratuity on our sailing.

The 10 drink card isn't always offered though. I saw the Compasses for last week's Harmony sailing and it wasn't advertised.

Freedom in March I never saw ANY indication that a drink card was being sold. not in the compass or at bars or anywhere.

But I came back here and one or two people who had been on the same sailing said that they had bought them.

Thank you everyone!! I think we will buy the premium packages for piece of mind and a stress free vacation :D

It really is. If you know you're going to put away 5 cocktails+sodas+shots+wines+beers a day it can easily be worth it.

But another side benefit is that you aren't constantly checking your cruise balance to see how much you've spent so far and if you should get another round. It is very much hassle free -- just drink as much as you can stand and then order a shot. No balance hassles, just a nice experience all the way around.

We don't get off the ship but you get some touristy junk then get back on. Still, even if you get back on the ship at 5pm every day, that still leaves a beer before you get off the ship, 2 glasses of wine at dinner, a drink before a show, a drink after a show, and a few more at the bar before bed or dancing.

It can easily make financial sense but it very much lets you relax a lot more and not sweat your bill.

I've been reading the same drinks package question every day for at least a year. The answers are always the same. I keep opening them thinking that if someone else is asking yet another drinks package question then It MUST be about something new nobody has thought about yet, but nope...same question. Why does this question get asked every single day? Whyyyyyyyyyy? Doesn't anybody read these threads before they post? Lol.

ColoradoGirl - I do the same thing!:D:p

I read every "Drink Package Question" thinking some new info is out there.

FYI, I can go either way as I am a Diamond member. Just realize when u get a package u will be tipsy everyday:D Depends if I'm touring eg Med & Europe cruises vs Carribbean fun trips.

I get the Ultimate because I love premium coffees & H2O. I can drink 1 liter of sparkling water a day with all the alcohol.

I like to drink on vacation too, and found the premium package to be worth it. Even on the days in port. Those $10-$15 small drinks add up quickly! Remember it also includes a beverage cup to fill with soda/water, and bottles of water to take on land. :)