Burger King or McDonald's?

AHS123

Like the smiley, no need to toughen up....glad to see the last few posters gave original op some good information and advise.....I just don't understand people who are rude and if they don't want to give good advice or information, why respond. I have my first cruise coming up in Feb 2017. It has been on my bucket list for years...I read these boards every day for information. I am sure I will have questions when my time comes and I hope I don't get the rude responses.

Like the smiley, no need to toughen up....glad to see the last few posters gave original op some good information and advise.....I just don't understand people who are rude and if they don't want to give good advice or information, why respond. I have my first cruise coming up in Feb 2017. It has been on my bucket list for years...I read these boards every day for information. I am sure I will have questions when my time comes and I hope I don't get the rude responses.

They call this place Cruise Curmudgeons for a reason.;)

It's been a while since we were there so...besides the McD's already mentioned there was a BK on Biscayne Blvd at NE 17th St and a Checkers on Biscayne between NE 16th and NE 17th. Of the two I prefer Checkers.

I prefer Popeye's Chicken. There is one in Des Moines, IA but then again, what does that have to do with Carnival anyway.

U R in LUCK!! There are 7 in Miami, all closer than Des Moines, IA.:D:rolleyes:

One is right off I-95 before the 395. But I would have thought you'd prefer a burger from Maid-Rite in Des Moines than a chained chicken place.:p

If you ask a question you want an answer to you will get good responses.

If you ask a question to poke the pigs here, expect slop for answers.

Why do people have to be so mean....if you don't like the question...move on. Some of us are new to cruising. I know I will think twice before I ask questions on this forum for fear of being taken down by the "seasoned" cruisers who know it all but want to put down people who are asking questions that are important to them. Don't like it...don't respond. :mad:
I agree

U R in LUCK!! There are 7 in Miami, all closer than Des Moines, IA.:D:rolleyes:

One is right off I-95 before the 395. But I would have thought you'd prefer a burger from Maid-Rite in Des Moines than a chained chicken place.:p

Better yet, Zombie Burger. A Des Moines specialty!

Not to hijack a thread, but we don't have any luggage.

If we pack in grocery sacks, should we go with paper or plastic?:p:D

Glad Drawstring Stronger with Less Plastic

They were tested by consumer reports to hold up to 50 pounds before breaking. They would be the best alternative to luggage if you were choosing a plastic or paper bag.

Not to hijack a thread, but we don't have any luggage.

If we pack in grocery sacks, should we go with paper or plastic?:p:D

Glad Drawstring Stronger with Less Plastic

They were tested by consumer reports to hold up to 50 pounds before breaking. They would be the best alternative to luggage if you were choosing a plastic or paper bag.

Really? Really? You guys need to get on board with saving the planet. Go with those re-usable cloth bags that are Green.

Ok, enough already. Time to get serious. I like the Big Mac vs. the Whopper. Just sounds better for something I am about to put in my mouth.

Edited by HawkIVette

Really? Really? You guys need to get on board with saving the planet. Go with those re-usable cloth bags that are Green.

Ok, enough already. Time to get serious. I like the Big Mac vs. the Whopper. Just sounds better for something I am about to put in my mouth.

Cloth reusable bags will be an inefficient alternative to luggage. You would need a lot of them, they don't hold the weight well, and most of them don't close at the top. The Glad Drawstring bags pull closed and will hold up to 50 pounds before breaking - they will also stretch for bulky or odd shaped items.

Have you tried Burger King's "Big King" burger? It's like a Big Mac but the patties are flame broiled (like all of BK's burgers). I find it a much nicer alternative. Of course if the OP is looking for non beef burgers, I'd also pick Burger King. Or Wendy's. Wendy's is better.

We're sailing on the Carnival Splendor and due to the late afternoon embarkation time we received we're looking for a nearby location to the pier in Miami for either a Burger King or McDonald's. Which do you prefer and why?

I am ignoring all the noise.

I prefer both equally as I think BK makes a much better hamburger, but McD makes betters fries and sweet tea (south TX so that is important).

So like everything in life there is some compromise.

Now if you were cruising out of Galveston, then Whataburger wins hands down!