Eurodam in Istanbul?

royal65

Complete BS.

Remove Istanbul and add in Rhodes, Iraklion and Mykonos. Two very popular places to visit for Norwegians.

We went on this cruise to get away from those places; instead now we are going to the most annoying cities.

I've been looking forward to going around in Istanbul (one of my favorite cities in the world) for weeks.

Now I am just extremely dissapointed and would not have chosen this HAL cruise if we knew of this in advanced.

Sadly; since they claim it is due to terror threat no insurance covers cancellation (and we would definetly cancel!).:mad:

Kotor korzula dubrovnik are better than Rhodes iraklion and mikonos... last year the same change on my cruise with celebrity... I will depart on 22 August, hope that the change of itinerary are different...

Send from my Note5 with tapatalk

If you are reading this thread without checking this afternoon's breaking news, go to BBC.com or another good source of world news. Something's up involving the Turkish military. Soldiers have closed the key bridges in Istanbul, fighter jets are zooming low over Ankara.

A military coup is underway in Turkey tonight.

You can forget any ship visiting Turkish ports.

Just heard on CNN!!!

Glad we chose Eurodam Oct9th Venice to Barcelona for our 5th. Med cruise!

Did not want Turkey this time due to all going on last couple of years.

Denise

Complete BS.

Remove Istanbul and add in Rhodes, Iraklion and Mykonos. Two very popular places to visit for Norwegians.

We went on this cruise to get away from those places; instead now we are going to the most annoying cities.

I've been looking forward to going around in Istanbul (one of my favorite cities in the world) for weeks.

Now I am just extremely dissapointed and would not have chosen this HAL cruise if we knew of this in advanced.

Sadly; since they claim it is due to terror threat no insurance covers cancellation (and we would definetly cancel!).:mad:

Why in heavens name would you be mad? This is not a terror threat! It's real! There is a coup AKA WAR going on in Turkey.. :eek:

No cruise line in their right mind would consider taking Psgrs there at this time.. You would not have chosen HAL if you had known this in advance.. Do you honestly believe that Management at HAL has a "Crystal Ball" to know these things in advance.?:confused:

If you think other cruise lines are going to port in Turkey at this time, I have a great Bridge I could sell to you.. Only kidding..LOL Sorry that your trip is disrupted, but these things do happen in time of WAR...You really should be happy that HAL as well as other cruise lines are cancelling & not putting their Passengers in danger.. HAL will have to refund some $$ to you, so they are also losing money..

Edited by serendipity1499

I'm on the Oosterdam. We are scheduled to go to Kusadasi in a couple of weeks. We shall see what happens.

A little dispiriting how much of the Med is becoming off limits to safely visit.

Edited by Wehwalt

News is slow here in NorthEast Italy. There was no news of the coup last night. HAL only quoted airport bombings in their e-mail.

I assumed the terrorists had won

Anything HAL might say about the situation in Turkey might be outdated or (worse) taken offense at by those in power. Even saying "political instability" might cause offense to Erdogan, after all, most Turks are singing Kumbaya with him.</sarcasm>

Best for HAL to say nothing about last night's events. The bombings are sufficient excuse in itself to cancel for now. Istanbul will still be there.

Edited by Wehwalt