Beverage Package Price Question

ALEX122495

Hi All,

We just booked the Summit for August and opted to go with the senior discount and didn't take a drink package. It was a last minute idea and I had not read about the packages before hand so I didn't take one - live and learn. I should have researched it a bit more before booking with our TA. Now I cannot change it .

Anyway, I would like to know if we should by the drink package when we get on board or the next day when at sea. On our previous cruises, the package was not taxed the second day and they prorated the drinks we had the first day. We plan on getting 3 packages one for our DD (19) and one for each of us ( with liquor) . Anyone have any ideas? Thanks:o

The Classic Beverage package with alcohol is $ 55 per person per day + 18% gratuity. Package includes speciality coffee & teas, soda, bottled water, beer, wine and cocktails. Unless you think you will drink more than $55 each on the first day you might be better waiting until the morning of the 2nd day.

Edited by jelayne

The Classic Beverage package with alcohol is $ 55 per person per day + 18% gratuity. Package includes speciality coffee & teas, soda, bottled water, beer, wine and cocktails. Unless you think you will drink more than $55 each on the first day you might be better waiting until the morning of the 2nd day.

Thanks!

Here is my "RUFF" run down of a day with a drink pkg on another thread

For us at least, the package was not just about drinks that would make us not remember the cruise! It was everything else that the pkg includes.

A speciality coffee each on the balcony while the wifester is putting on her face, $5 ea.

Evian or San Pellegrino with fresh squeezed juice with that second coffee at breakfast, $15 ea.

Grab a bottle water on the way to stake out a deck chair, $4 ea.

$24 each before any mind altering liquid is consumed.

A beer or the drink of the day by the pool, $6 ea

Then off to lunch, maybe a soda, or another San Pellegrino $5 ea

The sun is hot hot hot! A cold beer or drink of the day is in order, $6 ea

The burger at the Mast Grill is calling our names, it does not go down with out some liquid assistance, $5 ea, then it is time to meet friends to watch the sun set from the Sunset Bar, $6 ea. Afternoon total $28.

And the evening fun has yet to begin.

San Pellegrino and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and another speciality coffee with desert, $26 ea

Now it is time for some mind altering sampling to happen, or not A cocktail with friends at one of the watering holes on ship $7 ea, or 2 if we are letting our hair down!

One more bottle water on the way back to the cabin just in case we get thirsty during the night, $4. Evening total, $44.

Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each useing the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

Depends on how you make use of the package.

We have upgraded to the Premium on our last 2 cruises. Our friends stayed with the Classic and were fine. I like the Craft beer selection, the wifester the better wines.

Wallie, that was a terrific explanation. We don't usually get a drink package because we usually go with a cruise company that doesn't charge for water or specialty coffee, so this package thing is a new concept.

My question: Your description sounds as if there is no limit to the quantity of wine you can get in a day. True?

True, no limits to any beverage (besides not sharing the package with others). We tend to be up very later and really enjoy out first day on the ship. Even though we don't get on until noon, I think our alcohol costs easily are the same as other days. So for us we would get the package the first day for sure. If you are the type that is tired out by traveling and will have a low key first day, waiting until day two might make sense for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wallie, that was a terrific explanation. We don't usually get a drink package because we usually go with a cruise company that doesn't charge for water or specialty coffee, so this package thing is a new concept.

My question: Your description sounds as if there is no limit to the quantity of wine you can get in a day. True?

Other than them not serving if you were overly intoxicated (which I imagine wouldn't feel so good with wine), there aren't limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

True.

Now we have up graded to the Premium pkg the last 3 cruises. The Shariz my wife and I like with dinner was $13.50 a glass, so it cost us .59 cents for each one we had. The SOM would bring us something to "TRY' from time to time, that fit within our guidelines too.

Celebrity is getting better with the craft beer selections, not there yet, but with 40+ choices I got to do some sampling of beers I would not try at home.

The main thing with the pkg is, we want to try a chocolate Martini, or something weird, we can do it.

And no we have not gotten falling down snockered, and have not seen anyone who does. That is the passenger that sails on Carnival :eek: not Celebrity.:D

For us at least, the package was not just about drinks that would make us not remember the cruise! It was everything else that the pkg includes.

A speciality coffee each on the balcony while the wifester is putting on her face, $5 ea.

Evian or San Pellegrino with fresh squeezed juice with that second coffee at breakfast, $15 ea.

The burger at the Mast Grill is calling our names, it does not go down with out some liquid assistance, $5 ea, then it is time to meet friends to watch the sun set from the Sunset Bar, $6 ea. Afternoon total $28.

San Pellegrino and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and another speciality coffee with desert, $26 ea

Now it is time for some mind altering sampling to happen, or not A cocktail with friends at one of the watering holes on ship $7 ea, or 2 if we are letting our hair down!

One more bottle water on the way back to the cabin just in case we get thirsty during the night, $4. Evening total, $44.

Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each useing the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

We have upgraded to the Premium on our last 2 cruises. Our friends stayed with the Classic and were fine. I like the Craft beer selection, the wifester the better wines.

Great breakdown, I did a similar breakdown on my last celebrity cruise to try to determine if the package was worth it..I would say my drink habits are similar to yours and felt it was worth it although I throw in a few pitchers of iced tea in there as well.

Great breakdown, I did a similar breakdown on my last celebrity cruise to try to determine if the package was worth it..I would say my drink habits are similar to yours and felt it was worth it although I throw in a few pitchers of iced tea in there as well.

With desert each evening the Asst knew to always bring double espresso's for the guys. We would have a veggie and fruit smoothie made every day at the Aqua Spa Cafe. Too many of us never look at the non alcoholic options that are included, but we never get, because of the added charge.

EW

• 3 weeks later...
When you take the beverage package, are you charged for the 18% gratuity on the invoice that is brought to you with your drink OR on your cruise bill before sailing?

You pay the 18 % gratuity when you buy the package - if the package price is $55, then you pay $55 plus 18%.

There are no invoices when you order drinks and have a package. They scan your card but you don't sign or receive an invoice.

When you take the beverage package, are you charged for the 18% gratuity on the invoice that is brought to you with your drink OR on your cruise bill before sailing?

Your beverage package includes gratuity. There will be nothing to pay. (If you purchase your package, the cost is a daily rate plus gratuity so therefore it's also already paid.

Thanks for posting this Wallie! It helped us decide to actually pay for a beverage package for our upcoming trip on Summit!

Just one more question. It's going to be our first cruise on X, first cruise with a balcony and first cruise with a drink package ( premium) . If my wife and I, elect to eat breakfast on our balcony ( room service ), can we also order specialty coffees without additional charges? Is there a limit: For example, could we each order a bottle of water and a latte coffee? Thank you in advance for the info.