Turning platinum on B2B

We need just 8 cruise days to reach platinum level. We found an 8 day in September on the Splendor, and booked it. My husband then decided to add a 5 day, and we were able to get the same room. We will not be getting off in Miami, except to zero the ship.

So, after the first leg, we will complete our 8 days. Will we be eligible for the laundry perks for platinum? That is the only perk we really want. I don't like to do laundry while on vacation, and pretty frugal with my money so I can go on all these trips. (We have cruised 76 days so far in 2016, 56 with Carnival and will have 103 total cruise days by the end of the year).

It would be really nice to only pack for 8 days.

We need just 8 cruise days to reach platinum level. We found an 8 day in September on the Splendor, and booked it. My husband then decided to add a 5 day, and we were able to get the same room. We will not be getting off in Miami, except to zero the ship.

So, after the first leg, we will complete our 8 days. Will we be eligible for the laundry perks for platinum? That is the only perk we really want. I don't like to do laundry while on vacation, and pretty frugal with my money so I can go on all these trips. (We have cruised 76 days so far in 2016, 56 with Carnival and will have 103 total cruise days by the end of the year).

It would be really nice to only pack for 8 days.

Given the details you've provided, you should be Platinum on your first cruise, with all the benefits. I think your cruise documents should show your status, in fact, I know they definitely will after you make final payment.

EDIT: I just double-checked on my own booking, and each of our individual statuses shows in our cruise documents.

Edited by gtalum

Also, even if you weren't Platinum I wouldn't advise trying to pack for two weeks. Just pack for a week and do laundry in one of the passenger laundry rooms.

We generally pack for 4-5 days no matter how long of a trip we are taking. Packing light makes travel so much less stressful.

Also, even if you weren't Platinum I wouldn't advise trying to pack for two weeks. Just pack for a week and do laundry in one of the passenger laundry rooms.

We generally pack for 4-5 days no matter how long of a trip we are taking. Packing light makes travel so much less stressful.

I agree , since becoming platinum it has totally changed the way I pack, much lighter now.

Nice thing about Platinum and B2B, you get the full benefits for both sailings even if you didn't turn Platinum until the second leg. After final payment, your boarding pass for both sailings should show PRIORITY.

This was the case for us this past January. We did not turn Platinum till the second leg but were granted Platinum status on the first leg also.

This was the case for us this past January. We did not turn Platinum till the second leg but were granted Platinum status on the first leg also.

The same thing happened to us on our B2B in 2013.

2 years ago, we did B2B on the Glory. We only needed 3 days to turn Red to gold. When we boarded, we were red. When we got our new keys on second leg, again we got red keys. We were quite bummed, even though you get nothing special. (At that time they did have the gold reception party).

I was told by Guest services that it took 3-5 days for Carnival Corp. to get the info that we did travel, and at that time, our gold status would kick in. days before we got off the ship, they called and asked if we wanted our gold keys, as Carnival corp got our info.

Will be nice if they have changed their policy.

I think it depends how good your luck is, ours is not very good. We turned platinum on the second part of a b2b last Jan. Called and they wouldnt make it for both so had to get FTTF. They did give it to us on the second one but it took awhile to do it.

I'd have to agree with your packing advice. We just did two 7 day cruises B2B on Freedom. We definitely overpacked. No one on your second cruise notices, or frankly cares, what you wore on the previous cruise.

I'd have to agree with your packing advice. We just did two 7 day cruises B2B on Freedom. We definitely overpacked. No one on your second cruise notices, or frankly cares, what you wore on the previous cruise.

For that matter, nobody on your first cruise notices either. :D