Steakhouse dining

HEY there!!

I could have SWORN a few weeks ago a read somewhere that if you dined at the steakhouse the first night you get a huge deal off the meal.. but I don't remember. can someone please let me know what deals there are on the first night of cruising??:confused::confused::confused:

All I have ever seen is the free bottle of wine. You can not drink it at the table and they will leave it unopened and you can take it back to the cabin.

Take care,

Mike

Really? You can't drink it with your dinner?

We have a res for the steakhouse on the first night of our upcoming cruise and I was looking forward to the free wine!

Really? You can't drink it with your dinner?

We have a res for the steakhouse on the first night of our upcoming cruise and I was looking forward to the free wine!

Yes you can drink it, If you choose not to drink it you can take it with you or if you don't finish it.

Also if you don't finish it carnival will save it and serve it to you the next night in the main dinning room

Yes you can drink it, If you choose not to drink it you can take it with you or if you don't finish it.

Also if you don't finish it carnival will save it and serve it to you the next night in the main dinning room

Thanks for confirming!! If I don't finish it, can I take it back to my room?

All I have ever seen is the free bottle of wine. You can not drink it at the table and they will leave it unopened and you can take it back to the cabin.

Take care,

Mike

I have a reservation for the first night at the steakhouse on our upcoming cruise. The reason that I booked it is because we are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary and we were looking forward to the free bottle of wine to celebrate with. I was not aware that you cannot consume the wine during dinner. But I am happy to drink it on our balcony at night under the stars:D

Thanks for confirming!! If I don't finish it, can I take it back to my room?

Yes

It's been a while since I have been but you used to be able to decline the free wine and buy wine of your choice at 50% off.

we would by 4-5 bottle's to have the rest of the cruise.

It was a better deal than cruise the vineyards wine package.

Still more expensive than home but not bad on a ship.

I have a reservation for the first night at the steakhouse on our upcoming cruise. The reason that I booked it is because we are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary and we were looking forward to the free bottle of wine to celebrate with. I was not aware that you cannot consume the wine during dinner. But I am happy to drink it on our balcony at night under the stars:D

You can drink it with dinner

It's actually the first two nights. Free inferior wine, of 50% off the real stuff.

You can drink it anywhere and any time you like.

We found the free chardonnay worth exactly what we paid for it. Friends did like the red one.

Next time we would buy the 50% off one.

Take care,

Mike

Sorry about the poor wording of my post.

It should have been. "You can choose not to drink it at the table and if you choose not to, they will leave it unopened and you can take it back to your cabin." You can drink it at the table if you wish.

Take care,

Mike

Free wine, which you can drink or take with you to your cabin for later. It's only fair, but it's free! I've tried both the Red and White and both are "drinkable" - but next cruise I will definitely take advantage of the 50% discount on better choices.

I'm a white wine drinker and found the white to be just about the worst I have ever tasted. I ended up taking 1/2 the bottle back to the cabin and poured it down the drain a few days later. Just horrible.

So, I take that back. It WAS the worst I've ever tasted. I've never, ever poured wine down the drain before!

The red can at least be drunk. It isn't great, but it isn't horrid, like the white.

I'm a white wine drinker and found the white to be just about the worst I have ever tasted. I ended up taking 1/2 the bottle back to the cabin and poured it down the drain a few days later. Just horrible.

So, I take that back. It WAS the worst I've ever tasted. I've never, ever poured wine down the drain before!

The red can at least be drunk. It isn't great, but it isn't horrid, like the white.

Mom makes shipboard sangria out of hers leftover steakhouse wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mom makes shipboard sangria out of hers leftover steakhouse wine.

Dam wish I thought of that! My brother and I split the wine package that we bought upon embarkation and it worked out great. We had some really nice wines with dinner and the cost, since we split it, was pretty reasonable.

HEY there!!

I could have SWORN a few weeks ago a read somewhere that if you dined at the steakhouse the first night you get a huge deal off the meal.. but I don't remember. can someone please let me know what deals there are on the first night of cruising??:confused::confused::confused:

No discount, but a free bottle of wine, which you CAN drink at the table. Personally, I am not a fan of the steakhouse. The Italian place, on the other hand, is pretty darned good. I don't think you get a similar deal there.

HEY there!!

A cheap bottle of wine.

Just a FYI. It might just be because of bad servers or a new rule I was not aware of, but if you are dining SOLO the wine is served to you, but then the bottle is taken away and never seen again. Thought this was a little odd, but happened to me twice on two different ships. Maybe its a SOLO thing????

Just a FYI. It might just be because of bad servers or a new rule I was not aware of, but if you are dining SOLO the wine is served to you, but then the bottle is taken away and never seen again. Thought this was a little odd, but happened to me twice on two different ships. Maybe its a SOLO thing????

Thats very odd. Would not think they would serve your leftover wine to another guest.

On Sunshine ( June 21-25 2016) Steakhouse offer was for the first two days- was a free bottle of wine -if you did not like the free offers choices , you can choose another for half the price.

Asian offer came with a nice drink ( no charge ) dinner was Excellent

Italian also excellent - We had dinner at all three speciality

Would do it all again -

On Sunshine ( June 21-25 2016) Steakhouse offer was for the first two days- was a free bottle of wine -if you did not like the free offers choices , you can choose another for half the price.

Asian offer came with a nice drink ( no charge ) dinner was Excellent

Italian also excellent - We had dinner at all three speciality

Would do it all again -

Does Asian and Italian also have an offer the first two days or only Steakhouse?