Steakhouse dining

On Sunshine ( June 21-25 2016) Steakhouse offer was for the first two days- was a free bottle of wine -if you did not like the free offers choices , you can choose another for half the price.

Asian offer came with a nice drink ( no charge ) dinner was Excellent

Italian also excellent - We had dinner at all three speciality

Would do it all again -

P.s. how was the rest of the trip? We are on her tomorrow, same itinerary.

The cruise was a 4 day - this is what we did - wanted to try Faster 2 Fun - arrived at terminal about 10:15 am waited for my son to park the car - did not have to wait long to check in - went to special area for F2F - sat for a few minutes looked at watch 11:11, announcement was made for us to board - 11:12 we were on our way to ship - went directly to cabin part of the f2f - nice clean balcony cabin - great location - on deck 8 - checked out the ship, had lunch , made reservation for specialty resturant -

Lots of activity - singing, dancing in atrium - a great time there -

Special number to call call with f2f -

On this 4 day cruise went to the nightly shows - excellent - could not stay seated - dancing in the isle - I have been to St. John before but this time -made sure, I went to have a fresh lobster - right where we dock is a Resturant - so good - -

Check out dailys lots to do - Carnival comes through -

The 49.00 for the f2f - in our opinion was worth it - gives you some of the perks of being platinum and diamond level cruisers -

Just a FYI. It might just be because of bad servers or a new rule I was not aware of, but if you are dining SOLO the wine is served to you, but then the bottle is taken away and never seen again. Thought this was a little odd, but happened to me twice on two different ships. Maybe its a SOLO thing????

That's odd. I dined in the steakhouse with a 16 year old (so she couldn't drink) and received the free bottle of wine. Even though I was the only one, I got the whole bottle (and yes, I took the remainder with me).

Just a FYI. It might just be because of bad servers or a new rule I was not aware of, but if you are dining SOLO the wine is served to you, but then the bottle is taken away and never seen again. Thought this was a little odd, but happened to me twice on two different ships. Maybe its a SOLO thing????

Didn't happen to me when in there solo. Bottle remained at the table.

Most Steakhouses will not sell you more then 2 bottles at 50% off. And that is only if you drank the first one at dinner and ordered a second. If you had wine remaining you could bring it with you or have it served the next night in the MDR. The promotion is for wine with dinner. You can not buy 5 bottles or more like someone suggested for the remainder of your cruise.

The cruise was a 4 day - this is what we did - wanted to try Faster 2 Fun - arrived at terminal about 10:15 am waited for my son to park the car - did not have to wait long to check in - went to special area for F2F - sat for a few minutes looked at watch 11:11, announcement was made for us to board - 11:12 we were on our way to ship - went directly to cabin part of the f2f - nice clean balcony cabin - great location - on deck 8 - checked out the ship, had lunch , made reservation for specialty resturant -

Lots of activity - singing, dancing in atrium - a great time there -

Special number to call call with f2f -

On this 4 day cruise went to the nightly shows - excellent - could not stay seated - dancing in the isle - I have been to St. John before but this time -made sure, I went to have a fresh lobster - right where we dock is a Resturant - so good - -

Check out dailys lots to do - Carnival comes through -

The 49.00 for the f2f - in our opinion was worth it - gives you some of the perks of being platinum and diamond level cruisers -

We also have FTTF. I wonder if we will be able to board as early as you... I don't think there were people getting off the ship for y'all in the am the way there will be for me.

Oh, I never thought of making sangria. I could take it back to the cabin and add 7-UP and make a spritzer with a squeeze of lemon or maybe some of that breakfast mango fruit juice...I don't know does that sound drinkable?

Nah, I'll stick with ordering a different one @ 50% off! Have any of you tried the Cathy Lee Gifford Gifft wines?

The last time I was in the steak house my sister's friend who is diamond on Carnival asked the waiter for a bottle of that exquisite Santa Carolina. I don't think the waiter found him humorous. This was the brand of wine that was free at the time. Is it still the free bottle?

No discount, but a free bottle of wine, which you CAN drink at the table. Personally, I am not a fan of the steakhouse. The Italian place, on the other hand, is pretty darned good. I don't think you get a similar deal there.

From the Carnival website:

On occasion, on cruises longer than 3 days, Cucina del Capitano may run a promotion for guests who elect to dine there on the first and/or second night of the cruise. A complimentary carafe(s) of house selected wine will be served per table-guests may choose red or white (number of carafes will depend on the size of the party). Guests can check the ‘Fun Times’ or with the restaurant hostess to see if the promotion is running