What does a dot symbol mean?

Suzez

I am trying to find out what the dot is for on the mini suite we have chosen on Royal princess. The mini suite next to us has a triangle symbol. i think this is a 3rd person sofa bed.But what's the dot please?

Looking at the printed deck plans in the Cruise Atlas there are no cabins on Royal Princess with an asterix.

A black triangle indicates triple occupancy (all Mini-Suites accommodate at least three)

A red dot indicates quad occupancy; for Royal Minis that would be a sofa bed plus one upper berth.

And a cabin with a clear black dot is wheelchair accessible, if that is what you are looking at.

Edited by fishywood

IIRC, triangle means it will accommodate a third person and an asterisk (dot) means that it will accommodate a third and fourth.

Would this mean there is a pullman in our cabin or just a large sofa bed?

Looking at the printed deck plans in the Cruise Atlas there are no cabins on Royal Princess with an asterix.

A black triangle indicates triple occupancy (all Mini-Suites accommodate at least three)

A red dot indicates quad occupancy; for Royal Minis that would be a sofa bed plus one upper berth.

And a cabin with a clear black dot is wheelchair accessible, if that is what you are looking at.

Thank you, I have only just realised this today. I wish it was clearer when we booked as I dont really want a n upper pullman in our cabin.

Not everyone is looking at the Atlas. Many other sites, (such as Travel Agent sites) use an asterisk instead of a dot. Point in fact...if you look for the reviews or Royal Princess on this website, you will find schematics of the deck plan. Lo and behold, there are asterisks.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Thank you, I have only just realised this today. I wish it was clearer when we booked as I dont really want a n upper pullman in our cabin.

Are you traveling with more than 3 people? If you have 3 or less passengers, you'll never know it exists. The pullman is flush into the ceiling unless your cabin steward lowers it for an additional passenger.

Are you traveling with more than 3 people? If you have 3 or less passengers, you'll never know it exists. The pullman is flush into the ceiling unless your cabin steward lowers it for an additional passenger.

Really? I had a vision of some monstrosity stuck on the wall.

Although this mini is not on Royal but on Caribbean, the reflection of the drapes above the couch is the shiny surface of the upper bunk, stowed in the ceiling. If you are not looking for it, you won't know it is there. EM

P1030348_zps14a66a37.jpg