Is There a Process For Cruise Documents and Luggage Tags?

rallydave

Well it sure would be nice if Bonnie stepped up and let us know what is going on. Over 4 weeks ago she said a person in the home office had been assigned this task and to expect a response in a matter of a very few days and I posted about a week ago asking for a status and still no response. Starting to believe any support from the home office of any cruise line is near impossible and with our cruise little over 2 weeks away certainly am hoping all of the positives about the on board experience comes true and we are betting on that conclusion but, really have no hope about real customer service from any cruise line home offices. In spite of relatively no help from Miami, and lots of CC help we are pretty sure we have everything we need. Really too bad as you only have one chance to make a first impression.

Hello rallydave, your wishes are about to come true :)

I've received a thirteen point outline. I need to clarify a few points so I don't misspeak but I expect to be able to post by tomorrow latest!

Thanks Bonnie, We're part way to our cruise that starts on the 11th. In Toronto changing planes for Iceland where we spend 5 nites then 2 nites in Amsterdam and on board. Hope your page helps others and is put on the website to help newbies to AZ like us. Hopefully we have everything we need and if not sure it will be fixed as we board.

Thanks Bonnie, We're part way to our cruise that starts on the 11th. In Toronto changing planes for Iceland where we spend 5 nites then 2 nites in Amsterdam and on board. Hope your page helps others and is put on the website to help newbies to AZ like us. Hopefully we have everything we need and if not sure it will be fixed as we board.

Hey, have a great time in Iceland and a great cruise. We expect to hear all about it!

Hello rallydave, your wishes are about to come true :)

I've received a thirteen point outline. I need to clarify a few points so I don't misspeak but I expect to be able to post by tomorrow latest!

What's happening Bonnie, now 5 weeks since the original promise and second promise was posting for sure 3 days ago??? Losing patience. We're more than halfway to Amsterdam for embarkation on Thursday and certainly hope we have what we need since Azamara failed to send us any documents or links until we had our TA contact them after hearing from others on our roll call. Have to say honestly that home office seems to be a shortcoming of ALL cruise lines and while it is great to have a CBO with Azamara, 5 weeks after a promise of a response within a few days and obviously you found more problems with what they sent you does not bode well for Azamara home office, same old of most cruise lines. Hope this issue and lack of prompt responses is taken seriously in Miami so that we as well as others have confidence in booking with AZ. We had every intention of booking another cruise on board in the next few weeks but, these delays and lack of responses after asking for status several times sure doesn't give us confidence to move on no matter how wonderful the onboard experience is. You have to sell the entire experience and remember, one aw s&t eliminates all the attboys!!! And for just this reasonable request, we've had several as s^&t

What's happening Bonnie, now 5 weeks since the original promise and second promise was posting for sure 3 days ago??? Losing patience. We're more than halfway to Amsterdam for embarkation on Thursday and certainly hope we have what we need since Azamara failed to send us any documents or links until we had our TA contact them after hearing from others on our roll call. Have to say honestly that home office seems to be a shortcoming of ALL cruise lines and while it is great to have a CBO with Azamara, 5 weeks after a promise of a response within a few days and obviously you found more problems with what they sent you does not bode well for Azamara home office, same old of most cruise lines. Hope this issue and lack of prompt responses is taken seriously in Miami so that we as well as others have confidence in booking with AZ. We had every intention of booking another cruise on board in the next few weeks but, these delays and lack of responses after asking for status several times sure doesn't give us confidence to move on no matter how wonderful the onboard experience is. You have to sell the entire experience and remember, one aw s&t eliminates all the attboys!!! And for just this reasonable request, we've had several as s^&t

Dear rallydave,

It's "in the mail"!...meaning any day now I'll post the final documents and luggage tag procedures. I almost posted them on Friday but was asked to pass it by another department and I haven't heard back over the weekend.

You shouldn't allow this bit of bureaucracy to get in the way of a lovely vacation. You do have your documents and you've done a good deed by pointing out we need to clarify the procedure on our website. I'm told it will be up on the website within a couple weeks as well.

So I send an attaboy out to you and wish you a Bon Voyage on Thursday!

WHEN / HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES FINAL GUEST DOCUMENTS (E-Docs) & XPRESS (BOARDING) PASS?

1. Final Guest Cruise Documents (aka E-Docs): Like all businesses we are moving to a digital environment. Our final guest documents are automated and an email is sent out when they are ready to be retrieved online, not printed and mailed.

2. When Can I Expect the Email: The automated email messaging that E-Docs are ready (for US & Canadian bookings) begins at 49 days prior to the sailing date provided:

1a. The booking is paid in full.

1b. There are no waitlisted items.

1c. Air is finalized, if purchasing ChoiceAir.

(Note: the timing may vary in other countries.)

3. Who Receives the Email: the email notifying the availability of E-Docs will be sent to the email address noted on the booking reservation, which can be either the Guest or the Travel Agent. Note: the email for Group guests always goes to the travel agency of record. The agent then manually forwards the notification to the individual guests.

4. To Access E-Docs: The email will provide a link to the documents. Guests/ Travel Agent will enter the reservation number, guests’ last name, ship and sail date to access the documents.

5. How to Proceed: The email will instruct Guests/Travel Agent to print and carry these documents for the boarding process, as well as the required forms of citizenship and identification (i.e., a valid Passport, visas as required or other Department of Homeland Security approved documents).

6. Online Check-In: The email will also provide information and a link to the Online Check-In, which is available up to 4 days prior to the voyage embarkation date. Note: the Online Check-In is recommended but is not mandatory. If Guest elects to not complete the Online Check-In, all paperwork will need to be completed on the pier before boarding.

7. What does Online Check-In Involve: Guests who do Online Check-In will be asked to complete immigration and embarkation forms, accept the Cruise Ticket Contract, and set up their Onboard Expense Account. They are also asked to print the Xpress Pass (aka Boarding Pass) which will reduce the time required to complete check-in formalities on the day of ship embarkation.

WHEN / HOW CAN I EXPECT MY LUGGAGE TAGS?

8. E-Luggage Tags: A luggage tag, specific to your ship, stateroom and sailing date will be included in Guest’s E-Doc mentioned above. Guests/Travel Agent will print out as many luggage tags as needed, preferably in color, to be affixed to your checked luggage prior to departing home along with another form of I.D., such as a name tag.

9. Hard-Copy Printed Luggage Tags (For U.S. & Canadian Guests only): for the time being pre-printed paper Luggage Tags may be requested. Guests/Travel Agent may request that Azamara mail personalized pre-printed luggage tags before leaving home. This is done via the Online Check-In section and must be received no later than 14 days prior to sail date. Note: the e-message “exceeded our permissible limits” is received after two requests for Pre-printed Luggage Tags.

10. Pier-side Luggage Tags: Generic Luggage Tags are always available from our porters at the pier. Guest will fill out the Luggage Tags with name and stateroom/ suite number using the Xpress Pass as your guide prior to handing over luggage to our Porters.