Miracle Serenity Deck

Yehootu

We are cruising on the Miracle in late July. Beautiful Mexican heat weather. We just did a 10 day Princess to Alaska and decided we need a warm weather cruise. July/Aug is about as warm as you can get. We are both from Hawaii and the heat and humidity is a daily thing.

I was wondering how crowded does the serenity deck get? I've seen Youtube videos where it looks almost empty. I suppose it matters on how many kids there are and if their parents are hanging with them. On that note, how good is Carnival about keeping kids out of the serenity deck( on our Carib Princess cruise, a little girl came into the hot tub just to pee, I left quickly ).

My daughter was on the Miracle last Aug and said the Serenity deck wasn't too crowded. Then she was kicked out for using that darn Vape thing( she's a nurse, becoming a NP you'd think she'd know better). She said they moved to a pool that allowed smoking?? Is there such a place? Is it just one side or upper deck. Just thinking about where to plan to go, when the heat sets in. Our balcony steps away from the A/C would always be an option.

Mahalo, Tim

The smoking area is on one side of the Lido pool.

Carnival is very good at keeping kids out of the Serenity area. Whether it's crowded or not depends on the mix of pax on your cruise.

Hawaiian humidity is child's play compared MR heat and humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The smoking area is on one side of the Lido pool.

Carnival is very good at keeping kids out of the Serenity area. Whether it's crowded or not depends on the mix of pax on your cruise.

Hawaiian humidity is child's play compared MR heat and humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The MR is hot and humid. Redlands firework show tonight. Largest in SoCal.

oh well, takes a lot more than that to ruin my vacation. I get up when the sun comes up and it would be fun to spoil that "special" persons reserved space a few times. The use of a camera with timestamp gets them ( chairhogs ) all the time.

Sad they make no effort to control chogs

If I am sitting in a chair at 7 am, how is that being a chair hog? Personally, I have issues with people who drop their towel on a chair and disappear for hrs on end. Just curious what you mean by a "chair hog"?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Choicest location on serenity such as clamshell hogged up very early. Shady areas like couches which are our second favorites usually available.

I don't understand why people like the clamshells. Whenever I have looked in the empty ones, they are always dirty. They also seem to keep the heat in more. When I sit out there, I try to sit in the couch area.

If I am sitting in a chair at 7 am, how is that being a chair hog? Personally, I have issues with people who drop their towel on a chair and disappear for hrs on end. Just curious what you mean by a "chair hog"?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

People who actively use their chairs and just leave for very short periods say restroom or getting a sandwich are not doing anything wrong.

People who come up on deck at 7 am drop off some towels on chairs and are not seen again till say 10 am are chair hogs.

I don't understand why people like the clamshells. Whenever I have looked in the empty ones, they are always dirty. They also seem to keep the heat in more. When I sit out there, I try to sit in the couch area.

Didnt notice they were dirty but if there was any sort of breeze they were comfortable.

Couches are very nice.

When we were on the Miracle on numerous occasions they had someone singing on serenity which made no sense to us.

People who actively use their chairs and just leave for very short periods say restroom or getting a sandwich are not doing anything wrong.

People who come up on deck at 7 am drop off some towels on chairs and are not seen again till say 10 am are chair hogs.

Couldn't agree more with you, that is why I am sitting in mine....for the towel dumpers, many times I will pick the towel up, take it to the towel station and tell the attendant "I think someone forgot their towel, they haven't been back for 45 mins". It keeps the real estate freed up for the people that want to use them :)

Edited by First and Ten

Couldn't agree more with you, that is why I am sitting in mine....for the towel dumpers, many times I will pick the towel up, take it to the towel station and tell the attendant "I think someone forgot their towel, they haven't been back for 45 mins". It keeps the real estate freed up for the people that want to use them :)

Keep up the good work:)

We love Serenity but are not into sun worship so we stay on the couches. We generally see people actually sitting in the other chairs/hammock etc. and not just leaving towels on them to go away and come back.

We often go after lunch to sit outside and relax and maybe have a drink at the bar there. We have never had live music there. They do pipe in background music but it has never bothered us.

We love Serenity but are not into sun worship so we stay on the couches. We generally see people actually sitting in the other chairs/hammock etc. and not just leaving towels on them to go away and come back.

We often go after lunch to sit outside and relax and maybe have a drink at the bar there. We have never had live music there. They do pipe in background music but it has never bothered us.

The Miracle was the only ship we have been on to put in live music on serenity. We like to read there and would prefer quiet.

I've been on the Miracle twice and the Serenity area was anything but "serene" both times.

It's an open area where people can socialize easily, so it's just more of an adult hang out place, rather than someplace quiet. Groups of people would pull their loungers together so they could talk easier. On both cruises, I found it to be a loud and more of a party area.

Since it's aft, it was always dirty, too.

I never saw any kids here, but since I didn't find the area relaxing, I didn't spend much time here. Just poked my head in from time to time.

Now when I went on the Freedom, the serenity area was everything I hoped it would be. Very quiet, and peaceful. Nothing like on the Miracle.

Just my experience. :)

oh well, takes a lot more than that to ruin my vacation. I get up when the sun comes up and it would be fun to spoil that "special" persons reserved space a few times. The use of a camera with timestamp gets them ( chairhogs ) all the time.

Usually with the Clamshells it is not Chogged they are fellow early risers who get them and stay in them most of the day. If your an early riser you won't have any difficulty finding a place. It is those who sleep late and get up expecting to find one available that through fits about the choice seats being taken first thing. I have three sailing on the Miralce with this itinerary and Serenity is always crowded, but I also cruise it in early October when kids are in school.

The Miracle was the only ship we have been on to put in live music on serenity. We like to read there and would prefer quiet.

Our last cruise on the Miracle 11/14, I was out there reading, enjoying a drink and then the live band started setting up and playing hip hop and current top 40 songs. They should have stayed at the Lido pool stage, don't know why they moved to the Serenity.

I was thinking they really should re-name this area. We'll see if anything has changed when we go again in November.

Yay! Good plan!

Our last cruise on the Miracle 11/14, I was out there reading, enjoying a drink and then the live band started setting up and playing hip hop and current top 40 songs. They should have stayed at the Lido pool stage, don't know why they moved to the Serenity.

I was thinking they really should re-name this area. We'll see if anything has changed when we go again in November.

Unfortunately some people dont know the mean of the word serenity.:eek: