One5 Grand Lounge

shredie

My first time on the Grand in September, and I'm curious about the Skywalkers substitute on deck 15. I understand there is an outdoor part. Must this be accessed through the lounge? Is the area covered? Is this a designated smoking area? Is the outside area available all day? I assume the inside part is where the PES lounge takes place in the evening; is that correct? Anything you can tell me about this lounge is appreciated.

I was on Grand Princess in December 2012 so my memory may be fuzzy and things do change, but:

The outside deck in back of the One5 can be accessed from the open decks above and below as well as by walking through the lounge. Unless there is a private party in the One5 or a wedding in the adjacent Wedding Chapel there is no problem walking through the interior from the elevator lobby to the outside deck any time of day or night. In fact this was an issue during the PES lounge hours as people in bathing suits would cut through the One5 to get to or from the open deck forward of the lounge continuously. When I mentioned this to the Circle Host he said it shouldn't be happening but they don't have enough signs that say 'Platinum Elite and Suite Guests Only' to put at every door to the One5 (there are several from the outside deck facing both forward and aft).

I couldn't find my first day's Patter from that cruise so I can't confirm where the outdoor smoking areas were but my guess is that the aft of Deck 16 is one rather than Deck 15.

Yes, the One Five lounge is the designated PES lounge. The inside is pretty and has an art deco vibe. There's a big chandelier in the middle.

There's a big wall of windows that looks to the outside and down to the hot tubs. FYI, you can see everything that goes on in the hot tubs. One couple put on quite the show one evening. :eek:

It's not as nice as Skywalker's, but it's still a nice place for a cocktail.

We'll be in a suite on our Alaska cruise. From what I read about One5, it's the dedicated "Platinum, Elite & Suite" lounge. Does that mean the lounge is not open to other passengers 24/7? Or is it just reserved during the day but open to everyone as a nightclub at night?

We'll be in a suite on our Alaska cruise. From what I read about One5, it's the dedicated "Platinum, Elite & Suite" lounge. Does that mean the lounge is not open to other passengers 24/7? Or is it just reserved during the day but open to everyone as a nightclub at night?

The One Five is only used as the PES lounge from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. The nightclub opens at 10:00 pm.

The same as Skywalkers on the other ships. Open for all, except during the designated PES times or for a private event.

We are going on The Grand to Hawaii next year. I haven't been in her since they changed Skywalkers. We are platinum level - what is this PES nightly event?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going on The Grand to Hawaii next year. I haven't been in her since they changed Skywalkers. We are platinum level - what is this PES nightly event?

It's a nightly cocktail party (5:00-7:00) for Platinum, Elite & Suite (PES) passengers with a $5 cocktail of the evening (margarita, Japanese Slipper, Chairman of the Board, Rob Roy, mojito, port wine...some report having any of them on each night, others only the cocktail of the evening) and a nightly main hors d'oeuvre (guacamole, Stilton cheese, salsa, sushi, smoked salmon, shrimp, beef tartare) plus other food items such as veggies & cheese platters.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Many thinks for the information. I am a little confused about the smoking section, though. Is it on a different half of the ship (port or starboard) or is there a half-section of the one area dedicated to smoking? (If that makes sense. LOL.) Ordinarily I wouldn't care, but I will have kids with me I might want to take out to the nice couches during the day, and we have some asthma issues.

I with a $5 cocktail of the evening (margarita, Japanese Slipper, Chairman of the Board, Rob Roy, mojito, port wine...some report having any of them on each night, others only the cocktail of the evening) and a nightly main hors d'oeuvre (guacamole, Stilton cheese, salsa, sushi, smoked

We always thought the reduced price was the cocktail of the day only at PES time too. However, on one cruise a waiter pointed out that the $5.00 charge was applicable each evening for all cocktails special priced on the entire cruise. On all our subsequent cruises, sure enough that proved to be the case, great, as some of those cocktails I can't stand while one or two I love. They usually give you a little card which details the location, special hors d'oeuvres and the featured cocktail for each night of the entire cruise.

Many thinks for the information. I am a little confused about the smoking section, though. Is it on a different half of the ship (port or starboard) or is there a half-section of the one area dedicated to smoking? (If that makes sense. LOL.) Ordinarily I wouldn't care, but I will have kids with me I might want to take out to the nice couches during the day, and we have some asthma issues.

In 2013 the smoking section was on the port side (outside covered area). Starboard side was non-smoking.

Go towards the Wedding Chapel on the opposite side of the One5 to avoid the smoking section. There's a door right past the Chapel. The One5 is on one side but then wraps around the aft area a bit. The blank section on the deck plan is the covered area.

c1f32eda5d7eec5e819a44caddfaa1f3.jpg

If you're asking about the nightly PES cocktail event, it shouldn't be a problem for an eligible passenger to bring a guest.

That is a good question. I'm trying to recall but I'm sure you are correct that eligible passenger(s) can have a guest(s) with them. I might be wrong on that one since all have to show their ship/cruise I.D. card even to get in. Can't find the rules right now.

But no deal on the cut rate cocktail, almost for certain. Tried to remember when we ran into a situation like that but we did though at least once and can't recall detail. Anyway, one just knows that they won't stand for a single qualifying member bringing an entourage of unqualifying friends in to enjoy the eats and cut rate booze.

Edited by kennicott

That is a good question. I'm trying to recall but I'm sure you are correct that eligible passenger(s) can have a guest(s) with them. I might be wrong on that one since all have to show their ship/cruise I.D. card even to get in. Can't find the rules right now.

But no deal on the cut rate cocktail, almost for certain. Tried to remember when we ran into a situation like that but we did though at least once and can't recall detail. Anyway, one just knows that they won't stand for a single qualifying member bringing an entourage of unqualifying friends in to enjoy the eats and cut rate booze.

I was on the Grand twice this year. Feb we were in a suite, so qualified for the PES. April cruise I turned Plat, so qualified. I brought a guest with me to the reception on the nights the munchies interested me, guest was allowed to eat and order the discounted drinks. I don't know how many guests are allowed, but I didn't have a problem bringing in my cabin-mate.

And we get to go again in Sept! WOOT!

Edited by justafem