On board Riviera currently

JVNYC

Totally agree Angelika! I'm going to be sad leaving on the 20th....but so glad to be on again next June. Aside from a few grumpy passengers it's been an exceptional 17 days!

Hi,

We were on the Riviera from June 26 - July 10 and it was all fabulous - our suite, the food, the crew, and most importantly, the itinerary. We did not experience any of the negatives mentioned. There were more children but I think most belonged to the crew and they were very well behaved. Nolan was the CD and was great - very funny guy, we really enjoyed him. The shows were good - a couple were great.

We had cruised with Oceania 6 times before, all on the Marina. This was our first time on the Riviera and except for a few minor differences, it was the same so we felt right at home.:) The one thing that was noticeably different for us is the late night happy hour - I don't remember the Marina having that. One late night happy hour was around the pool and that was a lot of fun; I can't recall that ever happening on the Marina. There was a 2 person "band" and they were very good - very lively, with up beat music. Also, the shows started later, 930 or 945 instead of 9, giving people with a late dinner reservation a chance to see the show. Every show we attended had what looked like a full house.

I also noticed a lot more younger people, and by younger I mean in their 30s and 40s.:p I think this gave the ship a more energetic feel, especially in the evenings.

We don't sit around the pool so I can't comment on pool side rudeness. All I did notice was that it was more crowded than usual but I think that was due to the very beautiful and warm weather we experienced the entire cruise and that the cruise was fully booked. Actually, our cruise (Idyllic Coves) was two back-to-back 7 day cruises packaged as one. We got all the incentives and perks twice - except for the cruise credits!:rolleyes:

For all of you who have an upcoming cruise on the Riviera, have fun - I doubt you will be disappointed with the ship, the food or the crew - they are all top-notch!!

Thank you.We have our first Oceania cruise coming up,on Riviera,in August.Very much looking forward to it and hoping when we book a cruise next year,it will be with them.The Oceania threads are some of the best I have been on.Cant wait!

• 1 month later...

I just booked Jan 3, 2017 on Riviera. Since then I have read of the noro problems from Nov 2015 thru March 2016. Has any noro been reported since then ? We have been on ships with noro problems. Not much fun.

How does one book the specialty dining rooms ? Can it be done before boarding ? When ? How ??

Thank you very much.

How does one book the specialty dining rooms ? Can it be done before boarding ? YES When ? depends on the cabin Cat you have booked

How ?? online, via TA or call Oceania

Thank you very much.

If in North America sign into MY ACCOUNT on the Oceania website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/

put in your booking number & other info to add the cruise

then fill in the Personal information form

The date you can book your reservations should be noted on your invoice it is dependent on the cabin cat you have booked

look under the dining tab in the FAQ's for specific details

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

I also noticed a lot more younger people, and by younger I mean in their 30s and 40s.:p I think this gave the ship a more energetic feel, especially in the evenings.

We are sailing on the Riviera on Aug 31st. We are pleased to read that there are more younger people in their 30's and 40's sailing on it. That's good to hear as it would give the ship a more balanced atmosphere of having people of different ages.

In the past, it was not surprising to see so many people with silver hair in their 60's, 70's and 80's, that if you were in your 50's you might still feel a bit like a "baby" !

If fit older people can enjoy themselves on luxury cruises, why not people in their 30's and 40's? As TravelingAngel said, it gives the ship a more energetic feel.

we are currently on Riviera,on our first Oceania cruise. Please feel free to ask anything...

Enjoying our up sell PH suite very much.Had breakfast room service this morning because we had an early start for Pompeii.Relaxing.

We are in 11001 next to a few doors for staff...occasionally hear them in the day,but not much.

No alcohol on spa terrace allowed,apparently a new thing.So no afternoon cocktail whist relaxing.

Saw disgusting man up there,spit onto the deck,quietly went over and gave him a tissue and asked him to clear it up.

Fantastic meal in Red Ginger last evening.

Met some lovely passengers,

Not a good service in Waves at lunchtime.Almost ate our meal by the time we were able to ask for a cold drink despite numerous efforts to call staff over who seem to concentrate on larger groups who they already knew.But all other staff are brilliant so far.

Early days yet.

Just left Sorrento at 6pm as planned now doing a u turn and tender just gone down.not sure what's happening but already 45 mins late.maybe a passenger or two left behind..?

No alcohol on spa terrace allowed,apparently a new thing.So no afternoon cocktail whist relaxing.

Saw disgusting man up there,spit onto the deck,quietly went over and gave him a tissue and asked him to clear it up.

Alcoholic drinks were never allowed on the Spa terrace

Good for you with the PIG onboard

How disgusting some people can be

Enjoy the cruise

Alcoholic drinks were never allowed on the Spa terrace

Good for you with the PIG onboard

How disgusting some people can be

Enjoy the cruise

I must have misunderstood about the terrace. We asked girl fir a mojito and got told two different things from the staff.we didn't want to get anyone in trouble if we were not meant to have alcohol..eventually asked the beverages manager and he told us they stopped it recently because it is meant to be tranquil and peaceful and people were getting drunk and loud up there..We were fine with that..

Yes LHT28, I was so angry with the man I just reacted immediately..

Seen jeans and t-shirts in the two speciality restaurants.

We left late as someone was taken seriously ill and had to be rushed ashore..praying they are ok...

I must have misunderstood about the terrace. We asked girl fir a mojito and got told two different things from the staff.we didn't want to get anyone in trouble if we were not meant to have alcohol..eventually asked the beverages manager and he told us they stopped it recently because it is meant to be tranquil and peaceful and people were getting drunk and loud up there..We were fine with that..

Yes LHT28, I was so angry with the man I just reacted immediately..

Seen jeans and t-shirts in the two speciality restaurants.

We left late as someone was taken seriously ill and had to be rushed ashore..praying they are ok...

Jane I never knew they allowed drinks out there ..it was not allowed on any of our cruises ..unless people were taking their own in never saw bar service there

good to know

Hope the person is OK ..seems there is one incident on every cruise

Hi everyone. I just dropped by to see what a cruise on Oceania is like as there is an interesting itinerary I might book.

So far it does not sound very promising based on the description of the passengers on this cruise. I have not encountered a drunk on a cruise since our very first cruise on NCL. Is this and the other problems typical for this line?

Hi everyone. I just dropped by to see what a cruise on Oceania is like as there is an interesting itinerary I might book.

So far it does not sound very promising based on the description of the passengers on this cruise. I have not encountered a drunk on a cruise since our very first cruise on NCL. Is this and the other problems typical for this line?

If you search a bit further, do adequate due diligence to see if the line fulfills what you feel is important in a cruise vacation, you might come to another conclusion....or maybe not.

WOW

I did 1 cruise on NCL more drunks on there than I have encountered on 12 Oceania cruise :eek:

I would do some more reading if you think Oceania passenger are that bad