On board Riviera currently

JVNYC

Hello all. We are on day 4 of our 17 day in the Western Med & life is very good on board Riviera. Great food & service & a happy crew. Passengers also seem to be enjoying themselves. My only complaint...no more steak fries at Terrace Cafe! They have new fries now. We loved the previous thick cut fries! Sigh...life goes on :)

Wait....I found them....they have them at Waves. I just returned from the Terrace lunch & I noticed someone carrying them in from Waves so I investigated & confirmed they are there....then I ate a large portion! All the meals have been excellent & there are definitely some new items at each meal. At breakfast they had a Tuscan poached egg over ciabatta with pesto sauce....was very yummy.

This is my first time in the south of Spain....it's fantastic. It's the Arizona Sonoran desert with beautiful water....it's heaven for me :)

Hi,

it is fine to read so good feedback. We will embark in the end of July in Venice.

What about live music for dancing in the evenings - I think it should be in Horizons Lounge. Is the band playing dance music and are there people dancing?

Thanks in edvance!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, Beate

We are sailing on the Riviera later this month. Could you tell us if they have a non dairy substitute on board? My mom has a lactose and soy sensitivity. Our TA could not give us a solid answer. Also, how are the shows?

Have you advised special needs dept ? They will have a note on her file about it

You can also make a note to what she can have

It may be too late to get what she needs onboard but worth letting them know now

They do have some lactose free milk substitutes ..be sure to ask

Wait....I found them....they have them at Waves. I just returned from the Terrace lunch & I noticed someone carrying them in from Waves so I investigated & confirmed they are there....then I ate a large portion! :)

Those steak fries are dangerous - and yes, they have them every day at Waves

What are the spa packages that include the ceramic lounges? What else do they include?

Does Waves still offer the surf & turf sandwich (Lobster & filet)?

The ceramic loungers are free for all to use

Hi,

it is fine to read so good feedback. We will embark in the end of July in Venice.

What about live music for dancing in the evenings - I think it should be in Horizons Lounge. Is the band playing dance music and are there people dancing?

Thanks in edvance!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, Beate

To be honest, we don't stay up for the dancing after dinner so no clue. They have the usual band (very good) & string quartet.

We are sailing on the Riviera later this month. Could you tell us if they have a non dairy substitute on board? My mom has a lactose and soy sensitivity. Our TA could not give us a solid answer. Also, how are the shows?

They have soy milk for sure. Haven't seen the shows....we don't usually attend :)

Thanks. I thought he was very relaxed, funny and approachable. I'm hoping he will be there in October.

I asked him last week and he said he expected to be on Riviera through the end of the year......however things can change. His fiancée Emmanuelle put on a great one night show. She recounted the life of French singer Edith Piaf and sang about 10 of her songs. Emmanuelle was very very good.....the best show of the week.

Just a quick note to say all continues to be very well on Riviera. I truly cannot say one bad thing about the ship, the food & the crew. Riviera is truly shining!

My one complaint: the passengers!! My God....what is wrong with people! So many passengers are complaining about this and that, whining, pushy at the buffet, grabbing utensils & food, unsupervised children (that's another topic), people not realizing they are shouting instead of talking when on an excursion, people playing videos outloud or talking on their speaker phone while laying at the pool. Ok I'll stop! Seriously....I shake my head at some people!

Just a quick note to say all continues to be very well on Riviera. I truly cannot say one bad thing about the ship, the food & the crew. Riviera is truly shining!

My one complaint: the passengers!! My God....what is wrong with people! So many passengers are complaining about this and that, whining, pushy at the buffet, grabbing utensils & food, unsupervised children (that's another topic), people not realizing they are shouting instead of talking when on an excursion, people playing videos outloud or talking on their speaker phone while laying at the pool. Ok I'll stop! Seriously....I shake my head at some people!

As I have posted before - welcome to the "new" Oceania :D

This is my observation (and complaint) as well in the recent past on many cruises.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying Riviera.

Edited by Paulchili

Surprised as I have not heard these complaints. As for Nolan Dea I read he is here but have not seen

Him in 9 or 10 days. Seems loke a phampton to me. RIviera is great. NO problems at all.

Edited by RJB

As I have posted before - welcome to the "new" Oceania :D

Sad but true :(

Conspiracy theory

O is trying to turn off loyal passengers that are Platinum & above

that way they do not have to give as many free OBC & other perks :D

Hi,

We were on the Riviera from June 26 - July 10 and it was all fabulous - our suite, the food, the crew, and most importantly, the itinerary. We did not experience any of the negatives mentioned. There were more children but I think most belonged to the crew and they were very well behaved. Nolan was the CD and was great - very funny guy, we really enjoyed him. The shows were good - a couple were great.

We had cruised with Oceania 6 times before, all on the Marina. This was our first time on the Riviera and except for a few minor differences, it was the same so we felt right at home.:) The one thing that was noticeably different for us is the late night happy hour - I don't remember the Marina having that. One late night happy hour was around the pool and that was a lot of fun; I can't recall that ever happening on the Marina. There was a 2 person "band" and they were very good - very lively, with up beat music. Also, the shows started later, 930 or 945 instead of 9, giving people with a late dinner reservation a chance to see the show. Every show we attended had what looked like a full house.

I also noticed a lot more younger people, and by younger I mean in their 30s and 40s.:p I think this gave the ship a more energetic feel, especially in the evenings.

We don't sit around the pool so I can't comment on pool side rudeness. All I did notice was that it was more crowded than usual but I think that was due to the very beautiful and warm weather we experienced the entire cruise and that the cruise was fully booked. Actually, our cruise (Idyllic Coves) was two back-to-back 7 day cruises packaged as one. We got all the incentives and perks twice - except for the cruise credits!:rolleyes:

For all of you who have an upcoming cruise on the Riviera, have fun - I doubt you will be disappointed with the ship, the food or the crew - they are all top-notch!!