Meet & Greet - Before or After Muster?

CruzerDeb

Trying to plan an informal meet and greet on embarkation day. If sail away (from Miami aboard the Glory, if that matters) is at 4:00, what time is muster? Would it be best to try to meet before or after?

Thanks for any advice!

Muster is usually 3:30pm. We do it after muster so we don't get interrupted. Keep in mind, people are chatty Cathy's on line and then lots no a no show for planned events. We had over 200 people on my last cruise. About 75 showed up after muster as we were also getting a group pic done. 43 showed up for slot pull. Almost no one showed up for the rest of the events. 15 shoed at the Carnival meet 'n greet.

My personal preference is after. You just get started meeting folks and then have to break it up for the drill.

Others, and rightly so, will argue that before is better because after the drill is sail away and no one wants to miss that.

You will never please everyone. Just set the time and go with it.

I was in one group that ended up having 3 meet and greets. One before drill, one after and one the day after sail away.

Muster is usually 3:30pm. We do it after muster so we don't get interrupted. Keep in mind, people are chatty Cathy's on line and then lots no a no show for planned events. We had over 200 people on my last cruise. About 75 showed up after muster as we were also getting a group pic done. 43 showed up for slot pull. Almost no one showed up for the rest of the events. 15 shoed at the Carnival meet 'n greet.

Interesting how some roll calls take off and you get lots of people for meet and greet and others are just a washout.

Always a crap shoot on roll calls and M&Gs.

I've found the most attended are on the morning of the 1st sea day maybe 11:00 or 11:30, so people can do the sea day brunch, immediately followed by the slot pull.

The first day is so busy with muster, sail away, unpacking, getting to early dinner, exploring the ship, etc etc.

I'm on the opposite team. I like the M&G on arrival day from 2:15 pm to muster. Once you set sail, there will always be some activities you would want to attend that would interfere with M&G timing. Now no matter what, some will disagree and you will have a sea saw verbal battle to resolve the issue. Then there is the issue of the other site and their timing.

Remember when life was simple. All you have to do now is get 3,000 people to agree.

We're doing an informal meet and greet at 2:30 on the Magic on the 23rd. This will give us an hour to "get together". If others want to continue the party after muster, they can arrange it. To try to do it after muster was going to be a challenge, as many of us have early dining. We'll see how it works out :)

Trying to plan an informal meet and greet on embarkation day. If sail away (from Miami aboard the Glory, if that matters) is at 4:00, what time is muster? Would it be best to try to meet before or after?

Thanks for any advice!

I always plan for the first sea-day afternoon for the meet and greets i have organized. Much less hustle and bustle, and more people show up and are relaxed after being on the ship for a while.