moses0

From https://ask.cunard.com/help/fleet/refit_schedule :

Queen Mary 2 will be refurbishing the following grades during dry dock:

All Grills Suites

All Britannia Club balconies on Deck 12

All Britannia Balconies on Deck 12, Deck 11 and Deck 8

All Britannia Obstructed Balconies on Deck 8

BU/BV Grades of Britannia Sheltered balconies on Deck 6

Queen Mary 2 will be refurbishing the following staterooms in service before her 2017 World Voyage:

Remaining BZ/BY Grades of Britannia Sheltered Balconies on Deck 6

All Britannia sheltered balconies on Deck 4 and Deck 5

All Britannia Ocean Views

All Britannia Atrium Views

All Britannia Insides

Yes, but that information is out of date. They had progressed better than they thought.

Like I said, our sheltered balcony cabin on deck five had been refurbished.

It was also mentioned somewhere that they would be refurbishing the remainder whenever the ship is in Southampton.

Edited by Ray66

We we joined the ship on 23rd June for round trip TA. Had a deck 4 sheltered balcony mid ships and were pleasantly surprised to find it had been remastered.

Lovely big new Tv and tea/coffee making facilities were much appreciated...as was the excellent weather we had for both crossings.

We we joined the ship on 23rd June for round trip TA. Had a deck 4 sheltered balcony mid ships and were pleasantly surprised to find it had been remastered.

Lovely big new Tv and tea/coffee making facilities were much appreciated...as was the excellent weather we had for both crossings.

Good to know they have made their way down to deck 4. I appreciate the confirmation. The Cunard sales agent advised that BY on deck 4 (far aft) had not been completed as of 18 July, but BV (just forward of BY) had been refurbished.

Thanks for updates we are in Cat BU - 4086, Syd to HK on March 2. No doubt all work will be done by January when she starts her 'Worldie.'

Edited by NSWP

From https://ask.cunard.com/help/fleet/refit_schedule :

Queen Mary 2 will be refurbishing the following grades during dry dock:

All Grills Suites

All Britannia Club balconies on Deck 12

All Britannia Balconies on Deck 12, Deck 11 and Deck 8

All Britannia Obstructed Balconies on Deck 8

BU/BV Grades of Britannia Sheltered balconies on Deck 6

Sweet!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the QM2 yesterday, August 16. I will verify that our deck 4 BV sheltered balcony cabin was fully refurbished, including the carpeting. All rooms on that deck that I had the opportunity to look into as I was passing had new carpeting. While the bed was comfortable, the pillows were old and hard, which was my only complaint of the cruise.

Just off the QM2 yesterday, August 16. I will verify that our deck 4 BV sheltered balcony cabin was fully refurbished, including the carpeting. All rooms on that deck that I had the opportunity to look into as I was passing had new carpeting. While the bed was comfortable, the pillows were old and hard, which was my only complaint of the cruise.

We're the insides on deck four finished?

We're the insides on deck four finished?

The inside staterooms seemed to have the same carpeting as the verandah cabins. However, there was no opportunity for me to look inside to check on the TV, the other giveaway. In all fairness, I was never aft of Stairwell D and never forward of Stairwell A.

Edited by emileg

The inside staterooms seemed to have the same carpeting as the verandah cabins. However, there was no opportunity for me to look inside to check on the TV, the other giveaway. In all fairness, I was never aft of Stairwell D and never forward of Stairwell A.

Thank you for replying. Fingers crossed. We sail September 27. Even if the stateroom is not refurbished I'm sure it will be lovely. We sailed in 2007 and the rooms were lovely

Edited by quandrea

Thank you for replying. Fingers crossed. We sail September 27. Even if the stateroom is not refurbished I'm sure it will be lovely. We sailed in 2007 and the rooms were lovely

We're on board with you! However, we do have an ocean view room. NOT holding our breath on refurb just yet... but hey... you never know! :)

We're on board with you! However, we do have an ocean view room. NOT holding our breath on refurb just yet... but hey... you never know! :)

Great! First time in an inside. We needed connecting staterooms and that is where they have doubles with triples. Looking forward to it. I'll be the one with the entourage--7 year old twins and my 12 year old daughter. Look for us and say hi!

Great! First time in an inside. We needed connecting staterooms and that is where they have doubles with triples. Looking forward to it. I'll be the one with the entourage--7 year old twins and my 12 year old daughter. Look for us and say hi!

Certainly will! I'll be the one with the expecting wife! :) (our second)

We had an interior booked on Deck 13 but moved to Oceanview. Can't wait!