Princess SB - Fly out of Seattle?

RoperDK

We disembark in Vancouver, but flights out of Seattle are less expensive. Does Princess offer a transfer from the ship to Seattle airport? How does customs and immigration work? Is it easier to fly out of Vancouver making the cost worthwhile? We are headed home to Atlanta so there are no direct flights from Vancouver. We will end up flying from Vancouver to Seattle and then Seattle to Atlanta. Would love to minimize the customs and immigration process if possible. TIA, we do not have any experience with this situation!

Dawn

We disembark in Vancouver, but flights out of Seattle are less expensive. Does Princess offer a transfer from the ship to Seattle airport? How does customs and immigration work? Is it easier to fly out of Vancouver making the cost worthwhile? We are headed home to Atlanta so there are no direct flights from Vancouver. We will end up flying from Vancouver to Seattle and then Seattle to Atlanta. Would love to minimize the customs and immigration process if possible. TIA, we do not have any experience with this situation!

Dawn

You'll clear Canadian Customs and Immigration in Vancouver . I'm not aware that Princess runs a shuttle anymore to Seattle. There is a shuttle company that goes directly to SeaTac from the Vancouver pier.

Link to Quick Shuttle. It leaves around 9AM for Seatac (approx 4 hour run)

http://www.quickcoach.com/

This bus line runs from the Pacific Train Stn to Downtown Seattle.

You need a taxi in Vancouver and Seattle.

https://www.boltbus.com/

The other option is to fly to Seattle (1.5 hrs) and connect in Seattle for Atlanta.

your options include Amtrak train or Amtrak bus, Quick Coach, Greyhound Bus, Bolt Bus, Alaska Airlines, rental car. Some cruiseline offer a transfer so check with princess.

You'll need to be mindful of where the depots are as some options might require an additional taxi ride. ie some Quick Shuttle runs go pier to SeaTac. but Greyhound will require a taxi at both ends due to the depot location,

Dawn

You might want to check with your TA, or directly with Princess, depending on how you booked. There is a transfer available. If you are on the Voyage of the Glaciers southbound there is an option to add a transfer from the ship in Vancouver directly to SEA/TAC. I am booked on it for the Coral sailing next week and use this transfer every time I do this itinerary, which is usually two or three times a season. If you put your bag out the night before disembarkation, with the appropriate tag which will be distributed during the cruise, your bag will be loaded directly on the bus for you. You will be taken off the ship directly to the bus and off you go. This bus is usually "sealed" and sometimes goes right through at the border with only a passport check. Other times I have had to get off and go through the line with my hand luggage. Do check on the Princess web site about the timing of flights departing SEA/TAC. This transfer is usually 3-4 hours and the first week in May I was in the regular TSA line for nearly 2 hours. Hopefully that has improved by now but do not cut things too close. I paid $49.00/pp. for the transfer.

but Greyhound will require a taxi at both ends due to the depot location,

No, not accurate, I never take taxis. Both stations are right next to Sky Train and the SeaTac light rail.

No, not accurate, I never take taxis. Both stations are right next to Sky Train and the SeaTac light rail.

Depending on how much luggage and whether they have mobility difficulties . I was recommend a taxi . Same for the other end.

If capable take the skytrain to the bus station.

This bus line runs from the Pacific Train Stn to Downtown Seattle.

You need a taxi in Vancouver and Seattle.

I never take cabs, The Sky Train/light rail are both very convenient.

You might want to check with your TA, or directly with Princess, depending on how you booked. There is a transfer available. If you are on the Voyage of the Glaciers southbound there is an option to add a transfer from the ship in Vancouver directly to SEA/TAC. I am booked on it for the Coral sailing next week and use this transfer every time I do this itinerary, which is usually two or three times a season. If you put your bag out the night before disembarkation, with the appropriate tag which will be distributed during the cruise, your bag will be loaded directly on the bus for you. You will be taken off the ship directly to the bus and off you go. This bus is usually "sealed" and sometimes goes right through at the border with only a passport check. Other times I have had to get off and go through the line with my hand luggage. Do check on the Princess web site about the timing of flights departing SEA/TAC. This transfer is usually 3-4 hours and the first week in May I was in the regular TSA line for nearly 2 hours. Hopefully that has improved by now but do not cut things too close. I paid $49.00/pp. for the transfer.

Thank you Lazy K! This is exactly what we were looking for. Having the luggage handled for us is a big deal. Do I understand correctly that if we have to go through customs at the border it would only be with our carry ons? No unloading from the cargo area of the bus and rolling multiple suitcases through? Been there and done that, don't want a repeat!

Thank you Lazy K! This is exactly what we were looking for. Having the luggage handled for us is a big deal. Do I understand correctly that if we have to go through customs at the border it would only be with our carry ons? No unloading from the cargo area of the bus and rolling multiple suitcases through? Been there and done that, don't want a repeat!

RoperDK...Of course I cannot guarantee that you will not have to haul everything out and go through the line at the border. Everything there is at the discretion of the officers. However, I have done this ship transfer many, many times from both HAL and Princess ships and have only twice had to get off and go through the line with hand luggage only...never with main luggage. Last trip they were clearly looking for something specific since there was a huge dog checking all the hand luggage as we waited in line. Mostly the passports are collected and checked while we wait on the bus.

On the regular Quick Shuttle I have had to get off with all my luggage and go through the line every time. Not so on ship transfers per my experience. You will be given the customs form on the ship during the week to fill out and drop in a box at the front desk. My assumption is that we are all pre-checked before we even get to the border. They do always check passports there.

You will be dropped on the curb near Gate 00 at SEA/TAC. You will have to manage your luggage from there.

I hope this information is helpful.