Am I missing something? No SUMMIT MARCH cruises?

Lois R

I decided to read this thread because I am booked on one of the charters next February/March. On the advise of a friend who had just disembarked, we signed up for the Flower Power cruise. We are very frequent cruisers, Elite pLus on X, but this is the first time ever doing a charter. It's ridiculously expensive--even for the inside cabin we booked. I had to really give my DH a big sales pitch mostly based on the fact that when all the Flower Power fun was happening way back when, we had 3 kids, no money and not much fun. So trying to make up for lost time. Aside from that, we are booked on the Eclipse TA 4/16/17 and had no idea it was a gay charter. I think of myself as mostly a tolerant individual but not sure how I feel knowing that. Obviously their charter is different because they didn't "categorize" us upon booking. Does anyone know what percentage of the ship they are allowed in order to be called a charter? Sue

Boy, charters sure seem to be taking over the cruise industry. While I understand the money factor, it sure leaves those of us who don't partake in those activities with fewer choices.

Why don't cruise lines designate certain ships for charter only? That way we won't book cruises that are pulled out from under us after all plans have been made, and even paid for.

I would try to stay a way from ships that book a lot of charte cruises. The Summit has so many cruises that are charted so I wouldn't take my chances with them unless it's a repo cruise .

I would try to stay a way from ships that book a lot of charte cruises. The Summit has so many cruises that are charted so I wouldn't take my chances with them unless it's a repo cruise .

Summit has always been one of my favorite ships and that is why I

started this thread. I am quite disappointed, to say the least.:rolleyes::eek::(

Aside from that, we are booked on the Eclipse TA 4/16/17 and had no idea it was a gay charter. I think of myself as mostly a tolerant individual but not sure how I feel knowing that. Obviously their charter is different because they didn't "categorize" us upon booking. Does anyone know what percentage of the ship they are allowed in order to be called a charter? Sue

Actually, I believe that your Eclipse TA is a Pied Piper sailing -- not a charter. I've been on a Pied Piper cruise, and wouldn't have even known it was a Pied Piper sailing, had a gay friend not pointed it out to me. You might find it challenging to get a seat at the Martini Bar, and you will notice a lot of nice looking, sharply dressed gentlemen -- but that's about it. :cool:

Oh, and enjoy your 'flower-power' cruise. We felt that the Smooth Jazz Cruise (our first charter) would be worth the extra "splurge" -- hope that it is! ;)

Thanks for that info about the Pier Piper Cruise. I did go to the website that was referred to earlier in the thread and that is exactly what it showed. Made me feel like that was just a travel agency who book multiple rooms. No problems at all with that. I appreciate nicely dressed, polite men which is all I have ever encountered from the gay community. Just didn't want to feel i was infringing on their territory either. Can CC run someone for the political scene. lol!

Celebrity waiter told us last year that the clothing optional people have to sit on towels on the chairs in the dining room, etc. We also got bumped off the Summit for Jan 2017. We booked last August and then they sent an email few months later, gave us a couple options - ships/itineraries to pick from. We didn't like any of them so got a refund of our deposit and booked on RCCL for next Jan. But we just got back from the Summit Bermuda cruise today and had a wonderful time. Booked on Reflection in Nov. Can't wait

We are booked on Summit April 7, 2018. It's disappeared from their website, however our reservation still exists. We are thinking this must be a cruise that is being chartered as well. Of course they tell you "it's down for maintenance" and there's not a problem with the cruise. Well, it's been off of the website for over a month and still have not received any information from a Celebrity... It's amazing they have such a great product and have so many communication issues from the website to the Celebrity representatives....

• 2 weeks later...

I booked on board in Feb 2015 for the 11 night cruise Jan 31 2017 only to find out through the message board that the cruise was cancelled, chartered for the Jazz cruise.

When I called to find out what was going on my celebrity agent didn't even know what was going on! Long and short celebrity said they left me a voice message(NOT) but they had my email address and didn't try to contact me in that fashion.:(

I rebooked on the Eclipse( not thrilled)! :(

Now I am looking again for 2018 and there is the jazz cruise again.

Feb 9 2018 the Summet docks in Peurto Rico at 6am And she leaves Fort Lauderdale the same day! Can anybody shed light on what they are doing with the Summit? Celebrity with the Summit had a very loyal following:confused:

I don't understand all the gripe. These charters/ special groups pay big bucks to the cruise line for their events. Typically they book around the same time of year, year after year. This is business, a business looking to make money.

So put it into perspective:

You: Was on a cruise in Feb 2015, booked a cruise for 2017. VS. a group chartering the whole ship or blocking a large amount of rooms with passengers willing to pay above normal prices for a whole ship for a week year after year.

Group wins!

Re-book else where and get on with it.

When the above poster asks, "what are they doing to the summit?, it has a large following." I almost want to laugh. They are making sure it makes money, this is business.

If the group did not charter out the whole ship then they really don't have to inform you. Does a hotel inform you when a large conference is going to be staying there during your stay. No.

We are booked on Summit April 7, 2018. It's disappeared from their website, however our reservation still exists. We are thinking this must be a cruise that is being chartered as well. Of course they tell you "it's down for maintenance" and there's not a problem with the cruise. Well, it's been off of the website for over a month and still have not received any information from a Celebrity... It's amazing they have such a great product and have so many communication issues from the website to the Celebrity representatives....

You never know! Our 3/2016 Connie sailing disappeared for 3-4 months and then suddenly reappeared. Nobody could tell us anything about what happened, why it was off.

But...with that said, we are in your same ship....lol. We are booked 3/10/2018 on the summit, and according to the smooth jazz cruise, that's one of their charters. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So let me get this straight. I don't mean to sound prudish (OK I don't care if I do) but they really have a cruise with clothing optional? Like all over the ship? Eeeuw. Or is it just at the pool? Still...... I don't want to sit on loungers or chairs previously occupied by all that!

Here we go again, Yes Nude Charters are very popular, and yes nudist always sit on a towel. But think of your cabin and all the nekid people who have sat all over the place without restriction.