Am I missing something? No SUMMIT MARCH cruises?

Lois R

We ran into the charter problem for Silhouette in January 2017. Due to schedules at work (several of us work in the schools which can make taking time off a challenge) there was only week we could go. Silhouette would have been doing the Eastern Caribbean that week, which is what we wanted. However, it is chartered. So we are doing the less desirable (to us) Western Caribbean on the Reflection. It seems that Celebrity is doing a lot of charters next year.

I am guessing it is all about the $.....they probably make a lot more of

it on a charter.

I wasn't planning to sail an S class this time but it looks like they will

be my only options.

it on a charter.

be my only options.

Lois,

There is a 9 night out of Ft. Lauderdale on Feb 18 (Summit).

Much closer to Jacksonville than SJ.

Doesn't that work for you?

It seems that Celebrity is doing a lot of charters next year.

Charters and MANY groups on Celebrity according to the "Theme Cruse Finder" site. Just take a look at this list from their website.

Sorry about the list not being sorted by ship/date, and making you slog through it willy-nilly. But at least I did go through and add the date and ship to their list - and then that glass of Pinot kicked in, and all of the sudden I became way too lazy to sort anything LOL

Funny how that works :p

(You can blame any errors on that same Pinot too!)

Music - Jazz 2017 The Jazz Cruise - 01/28/17 Summit

Music - Jazz 2017 Contemporary Jazz Cruise - 02/04/17 Summit

Music - Jazz 2018 Smooth Jazz Cruise - 02/10/17 Summit

Wellness KabbalahKruise A PERFECT SPIRITUAL GETAWAY A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY AN EMPOWERING EXPERIENCE - 01/08/17 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle Alaska Memorial Day 2017 Gayribbean Gay Cruise - 05/26/17 Solstice

Alternative Lifestyle China, South Korea & Japan - Asia Gay Cruise 2018 - 04/01/2018 Millennium

Food & Wine Celebrity Cruises' Culinary Escape - 09/19/16 Reflection

Singles Adriatic & Mediterranean Singles Cruise - 09/28/17 Constellation

Religious - Christian 2017 Highlights of Paul’s Missionary Journeys - Darrell Huckaby - 09/28/17 Reflection

Religious - Christian 2017 Cruise Retreat - Build your Marriage - 02/04/17 Reflection

Religious - Christian 2017 9th Annual Celebration Cruise - 01/09/17 Equinox

Photography Ultimate Photographers Cruise - 02/12/17 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle Italy, Greek Isles & Turkey Gay Cruise 2017 - 07/21/17 Reflection

Alternative Lifestyle Bliss Cruise - Full Ship Lifestyle Takeover November 2017 - 11/25/17 Equinox

Alternative Lifestyle Bliss Cruise - Full Ship Lifestyle Takeover March 2017 - 03/20/17 Summit

Alternative Lifestyle Bliss Cruise - Full Ship Lifestyle Takeover - 11/27/16 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle Israel & Mediterranean, Holy Land Gay Group Cruise 2017 - 09/29/17 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle Mardi Gras & Caribbean Gay Cruise 2018 - 02/09/18 Reflection

Alternative Lifestyle South America & Rio Carnival 2018 Gay Cruise - 02/04/18 Infinity

Alternative Lifestyle Australia Great Barrier Reef Gay Cruise 2018 - 01/02/18 Solstice

Alternative Lifestyle Grand Mediterranean Gay Cruise 2017 - Greece, Malta, Italy, France & Spain - 07/15/17 Equinox

Alternative Lifestyle Pacific Coastal Gay Cruise 2017 - 05/17/17 Infinity

Music - Classic Groups Rock & Romance Cruise - 03/11/17 Summit

Music - Classic Groups 2017 Flower Power Cruise - 02/27/17 Summit

Music - Classic Groups 5th Annual Soul Train Cruise - 03/04/17 Summit

Alternative Lifestyle Independence Day Celebration 2017 Gay Group Cruise - 06/27/17 Summit

Alternative Lifestyle British Isles and French Open 2017 Gay Group Cruise - 06/04/17 Eclipse

Alternative Lifestyle Scandinavia and Russia 2017 Baltic Gay Group Cruise - 06/18/17 Eclipse

Alternative Lifestyle Italy, Dalmatian Coast & Spain Gay Group Cruise 2017 - 09/07/17 Constellation

Alternative Lifestyle Transatlantic Gay Cruise 2017 From Southampton to Miami - 10/28/17 Eclipse

Alternative Lifestyle Panama Canal Gay Group Cruise 2017 - 11/08/17 Infinity

Alternative Lifestyle Hawaii Gay Cruise 2017 - 05/07/17 Solstice

Holidays Mardi Gras & Caribbean - 03/20/17 Equinox

Holidays Carnival in Rio de Janeiro - 02/20/17 Infinity

History & World Affairs Edinburgh Military Tattoo - 08/06/16 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle Transatlantic Gay Cruise 2017 From Miami to Southampton - 04/16/17 Eclipse

Alternative Lifestyle Alaska and Tracy Arm Fjord Gay Cruise 2017 - 08/18/17 Solstice

Golf 2016 British Open & 3-Day Golf Package - 07/13/16 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle Bermuda Gay Cruise 2017 - 05/28/17 Summit

Alternative Lifestyle Adventure Bears Mediterranean Gay Group Cruise 2017 - 07/15/17 Equinox

Political - Conservative Media Research Center Cruise - 02/19/17 Silhouette

Singles Australia Great Barrier Reef Singles Cruise - 03/13/17 Solstice

Crafting Quilting the Kaye Wood Way —Southern Caribbean - 03/19/17 Eclipse

Music - Jazz The Contemporary Jazz Cruise - 02/04/17 Summit

Intellectual pursuits NY TImes Journeys: Idyllic Sri Lanka, India and Arabia - 04/02/17 Constellation

History & World Affairs Edinburgh Tattoo - 08/06/16 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle Barcelona to Athens All-Gay Mediterranean Cruise 2016 - 08/15/16 Equinox

Performing Arts Broadway Theatre Cruises' Sailing with the Stars - 11/05/16 Reflection

Alternative Lifestyle Grand Mediterranean Gay Group Cruise 2016 - 07/23/16 Equinox

Golf The 2016 British Open in Edinburgh - 07/13/16 Silhouette

Religious - Christian 2016 Lands of the Bible - 12/01/16 Constellation

Religious - Christian 2016 Lands of the Bible - 10/21/16 Silhouette

Religious - Christian 2016 Lands of the Bible - 10/20/16 Constellation

Religious - Catholic 2016 Highlights of Paul’s Missionary Journeys - 10/02/16 Equinox

Religious - Christian 2016 Highlights of Paul’s Missionary Journeys - 09/29/16 Reflection

Music - Blues Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise 2016 - 10/29/16 Summit

Alternative Lifestyle Post-Thanksgiving Caribbean Gay Cruise 2016 - 11/26/16 Reflection

Singles Japan, Korea & China Singles Cruise - 09/18/16 Millennium

Alternative Lifestyle Western Caribbean Gay Group Cruise 2017 - 02/19/17 Silhouette

Alternative Lifestyle South America & Rio Carnival 2017 Gay Cruise - 02/19/17 Infinity

Alternative Lifestyle Asia Gay Cruise 2017 from Singapore to Hong Kong - 02/25/17 Millennium

Alternative Lifestyle Australia & New Zealand Gay Group Cruise 2017 - 01/12/17 Solstice

Alternative Lifestyle Galapagos Islands Gay Group Cruise 2017 - 05/28/17 Expedition

Alternative Lifestyle Panama Canal Gay Group Cruise 2016 - 11/09/16 Infinity

Alternative Lifestyle Rome to Miami Transatlantic Gay Group Cruise 2016 - 10/21/16 Reflection

Alternative Lifestyle Italy & Dalmatian Coast Gay Cruise 2016 - 08/28/16 Constellation

Alternative Lifestyle Alaska and Tracy Arm Fjord Gay Cruise 2016 - 08/19/16 Solstice

Alternative Lifestyle Greek Isles & Turkey Gay Group Cruise 2016 - 07/18/16 Reflection

Lois,

There is a 9 night out of Ft. Lauderdale on Feb 18 (Summit).

Much closer to Jacksonville than SJ.

Doesn't that work for you?

Hi Tommy, Nope, I cannot sail at the end of the month. February

is a short month and when I look at the calendar Feb 27th is 2

days before my month end. I cannot be gone at that time of the month

due to work. So no, that does not work.

As for being closer to Jacksonville, I have sailed out of SJU multiple

times over the years and love those itineraries.

But thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Lois R

Welcome back Lois! Glad you didn't forget your "old" friends here on Celebrity...:p

Thanks:)....too bad the one ship I really love is not offering anything

that fits what I want to do:rolleyes::eek:

Thanks to the person that posted the above schedule. :rolleyes:

Now thinking of cancelling my March 27th cruise after reading this.

http://themecruisefinder.com/CruiseAds/item/7657

Wonder what is happening between the 25th and the 27th. Ship clean up?:eek:

I was on Connie a week after a Bliss cruise and wouldn't have known about it if the staff hadn't mentioned it in passing. One was an assistant waiter who had just started and was quite hilarious with her impressions of what she saw, having come from a conservative background (she ultimately said they were no different than any other passenger once you got past the casual nudity). They did make a point of mentioning that passengers were required to sit on towels, though. And I'm pretty sure there has been nudity and sex in any cabin you've ever been in.

I was only kidding about canceling, but wish I had did not know what is going to take place the cruise before.

I am repulsed that "play rooms" with "multiple Queen mattresses" are set up around the ship for sex parties. Celebrity must really be hurting to charter these type of cruises! :(

And I thought RCCL was terrible for charging passage for a cruise, that we were on, when they had half the ship chartered for a Quinceañera celebration group. Was that ever a loud cruise! That was a group that took over the ship. :eek:

Anyway, I am curious what is going on between March 25th and the 27th. Anyone know?

Another thank you for the list...and name of the site we can check....hope not removed

We recently cancelled a cruise that is on the list for Jan 2017, We cancelled for reasons of our own scheduling, but glad we did. The group booked (not a full charter) is not objectionable to us but will likely be large one and our experience is that the large groups take over quite a bit and we prefer to avoid that when we can,

Thanks for posting the list, SeaHunt. I actually reposted it on another thread where pax were querying groups on particular sailings (hope you don't mind and I did thank you for all your hard work on that thread :o). I was shocked at the amount of charters and groups on X ships over the next few years; it definitely appears to be on the increase :eek:.

So let me get this straight. I don't mean to sound prudish (OK I don't care if I do) but they really have a cruise with clothing optional? Like all over the ship? Eeeuw. Or is it just at the pool? Still...... I don't want to sit on loungers or chairs previously occupied by all that!

We got cancelled out of our Jan 2017 Summit B2B in Nov 2105 so it was a topic of discussion on our Summit cruise in 2016. We heard from staff that the clothing optional cruises were really distressing for many crew members, some of whom asked to be reassigned to avoid interaction with passengers on these cruises. Yes, they are supposed to use towels on the chairs. Some of the cruises are sold as "swinger cruises" so hard to imagine what all is occurring on those cruises - I guess all you can say is a good time was had by all!

I was only kidding about canceling, but wish I had did not know what is going to take place the cruise before.

I am repulsed that "play rooms" with "multiple Queen mattresses" are set up around the ship for sex parties. Celebrity must really be hurting to charter these type of cruises!

Celebrity isn't hard up, they just like the money they get and as long as it isn't illegal, they are happy to take money to charter. They judge people by the color of their money!

it on a charter.

be my only options.

I think you may be right. Someone mentioned beverage packages are not included with charter cruises. Prices are also increased on these sailings.

Repo days to get the ship back to SJU maybe? The Bliss cruise is out of FLL.

Thank you. I had not noticed that. If we do cancel, it will be because the cruise is out of San Juan and the flights are so expensive to get there from our area.

Yes Charters. We were "bumped off". Not only that there is some speculation that they are chartering again in 2018. Time will tell.

So now I'm a little worried.....I'm booked on the Summit in March of 2018. How far ahead will Celebrity give notice to those already booked when a charter takes over?

So now I'm a little worried.....I'm booked on the Summit in March of 2018. How far ahead will Celebrity give notice to those already booked when a charter takes over?

Patsy -- that's hard to say. We just 'pre-booked' the Smooth Jazz Cruise (they do full-ship charters) on Summit for Feb. 10-17, 2018. I was quite surprised, when one of my CruiseCritic friends (Tourdecruise), said that she had already booked that same week on Summit. When she called the Captains' Club, they didn't know anything about a possible charter that week. So, she and I are watching to see what happens, in the next month or so.

Celebrity staff will not confirm or deny one way or another until a contract has been signed. That typically happens more than a year in advance. The charters need time to sell the product. The cruise company will typically offer some type of compensation (OBC) if they have to cancel you. They will gladly continue to take reservations until it is pulled from the reservations system.

Patsy -- that's hard to say. We just 'pre-booked' the Smooth Jazz Cruise (they do full-ship charters) on Summit for Feb. 10-17, 2018. I was quite surprised, when one of my CruiseCritic friends (Tourdecruise), said that she had already booked that same week on Summit. When she called the Captains' Club, they didn't know anything about a possible charter that week. So, she and I are watching to see what happens, in the next month or so.

Hmmm....I would hate to lose the room I booked. I have 1646 with all 4 perks and my daughter and her friend booked down the hall from us in an S2.

Celebrity staff will not confirm or deny one way or another until a contract has been signed. That typically happens more than a year in advance. The charters need time to sell the product. The cruise company will typically offer some type of compensation (OBC) if they have to cancel you. They will gladly continue to take reservations until it is pulled from the reservations system.

From what I've read the compensation is minimal. I book when the itineraries are first released so I can get the best rate and my room choice. $100.00 compensation wouldn't make up the difference, I'm sure. And who knows if the perks would still be included.... Well, I'll just have to wait and see. I know I'm not alone.

That makes sense, in my particular situation. Our 2018 jazz charter on Summit is still in the "pre-booking" phase -- which means that we paid a small deposit just to get a place in the booking queue. It doesn't look like we will get a chance to actually book a cabin, until sometime in September. But I understand that the charter's "return" guests will be allowed to book, before us 'newbies'. Hopefully, we will all know something definite, in month or so.

So let me get this straight. I don't mean to sound prudish (OK I don't care if I do) but they really have a cruise with clothing optional? Like all over the ship? Eeeuw. Or is it just at the pool? Still...... I don't want to sit on loungers or chairs previously occupied by all that!

If you are shocked by that you would be really shocked at what other charters do; in the loungers, hallways, lounges, rooms, balconies, open decks, elevators.... you get my point. Not just on celebrity, but HAL, carnival, RCCL, Princess.. you get my point... oh yeah, also lots of these groups charter hotels all around the world too.

Boy, charters sure seem to be taking over the cruise industry. While I understand the money factor, it sure leaves those of us who don't partake in those activities with fewer choices.

Why don't cruise lines designate certain ships for charter only? That way we won't book cruises that are pulled out from under us after all plans have been made, and even paid for.