Vista 7/1/16 8 day Med Review - a Vista like no other

jimbo5544

[quote name='singinalot']sad to be winding down! thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]LOL, I agree on the winding down. Loved bringing it to you. Thanks again[/SIZE][/COLOR] Edited by jimbo5544

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]That morning we also saw the towel animals around the pool. Flat Stanley loved them as well. Here are some pics.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/2n8wtvl.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2m5fdz6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/2rhuu69.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]....and here were a couple more pics of the lunch that day at the sea food shack[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/29njd4o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2lnct1t.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='missholly24']Yayy Im so happy to see another review from you!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am doing it remote from a laptop so it is a little more difficult to download pictures from a cloud site but almost done. Hope you have enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]So for our last dinner aboard the Vista, we are doing something different than any other cruise we have done. We waited a little to long to make a reservation (which is something we do not usually do) and as a result when we went down to the Steakhouse to book after boarding the ship, the only day they could fit us in at the time we wanted (for what was at the time 8 of us) was on the last night.

The last night is when we say goodbye to the wait staff, but we did that the night before. Add to that, when we approached the rest of the group to ask if they wanted to join us, they all said yes (which was a surprise, but a nice surprise). So we worked it out with the Steakhouse manager and we had reservations at 8.

The rest of the day was spent enjoying the ship. This evening was also the last of the big shows which we did as well (had to cut out a little early to get to the Steakhouse) and it was very good. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Here are some pics from our dinner in the steakhouse....[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/k50909.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/vh43si.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/1jugrs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/14l5zcz.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2gtrd3b.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]We have been to a lot of steakhouse's on Carnival ships over the years. Granted never on the last night of cruise, but have not seen one where ever table was full like we saw on this evening. They were even seating people as we left around 9:30.

This was also the first opportunity we had at seeing people using the outdoor eating at all restaurants on the Vista. While I am not so sure I would do it when its 88 degrees, seeing those couples eating outside did look nice.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Boo hoo....it is ending...but it has been such a nice pace you have kept all your friends here happy with...remembering and arm chair traveling with friends made here is the best...I love you enjoyed the ship after so much going...to keep the balance..that sky bike ride looks the right thrill speed for many!!! The new options look so perfect on Vista.

Not too much and not too little and having a nice steakhouse just does it I think...they keep just the right amount of options and the price good enough for the fancier stuff and LOVE the for 20 bucks option in Main. Love you all taking each others and flat Stanley's photo..It is nice to end it all at the "country club" of the ship that all can attend!!! Love that. Until next post somewhere..thanks sooo much once again Jimbo.

Hoping to get to family cabin soon for a break on a lake..love to your family and grands, especially the Flat Stanly sender..Sarah Edited by sjn911

[quote name='sjn911']Boo hoo....it is ending...but it has been such a nice pace you have kept all your friends here happy with...remembering and arm chair traveling with friends made here is the best...I love you enjoyed the ship after so much going...to keep the balance..that sky bike ride looks the right thrill speed for many!!! The new options look so perfect on Vista.

Not too much and not too little and having a nice steakhouse just does it I think...they keep just the right amount of options and the price good enough for the fancier stuff and LOVE the for 20 bucks option in Main. Love you all taking each others and flat Stanley's photo..It is nice to end it all at the "country club" of the ship that all can attend!!! Love that. Until next post somewhere..thanks sooo much once again Jimbo.

Hoping to get to family cabin soon for a break on a lake..love to your family and grands, especially the Flat Stanly sender..Sarah[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Thanks Sarah, you added to the journey! Just wrapping up now, debark , going home and a couple final comments.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]As we finished our wonderful meals in the steakhouse , we had made sure that everyone had the same number luggage tags so we could get off together. A couple of points about debarking in Barcelona. This is is the first time I can remember where it seemed nobody wanted to get off the ship. Usually there are crowds that want to be the first off. We set our get off time at 10:00, we were all on a 1:30 flight back. When we inquired at GS, we were told that debarkation would start for Diamond/Platinum self assist at around 06:15.....[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]We made plans to meet at 9:45 at the Alchemy Bar (which turned out to be not needed as we all ate together on Lido anyway). We enjoyed as much of the Vista as we could, put our bbs out and hit the sack.

Soon enough it was time to get up shower, eat and get off the Vista. When we got off shortly after ten, my guess is that half of the ship was still on. They were almost begging people to get off to avoid the rush.

Our transportation shows up shortly after exited and about 20 minutes later we were at the airport. Check in, bag drop and security were done in nothing flat and we waited for our flight (which was about an hour delayed).
[/COLOR] Edited by jimbo5544

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]We had zero issues with communication with the transportation and at the Barcelona airport. After we were at the gate, everyone relaxed, especially Flat Stanley.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/301hjzq.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]The flight home went without incident (it is so much easier than the red eye coming over:roll eyes:). Landing is JFK we all exited but had to break up as the wife and I are Global Entry and the others were not. But we met up outside without incident and our transportation was waiting and an hour and a half later we were home. Flat Stanley was exhausted. Luckily, we all and a day to decompress before getting back to the everyday world.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2jb9u6o.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Cruising in Europe.... As everyone knows, Carnival is not a big player in European cruising. We cruise Carnival a lot, and mainly in the Caribbean. Our last cruise in the Med was on the Liberty 10 years ago. We thought it was way overdue to try the Med again. We were right. There are many things to consider when thinking about taking a Med cruise. They are different than any other cruise.

Costs for getting there can exceed the cost of the cruise, language and currency issues, overnight plane rides and the list goes on and on.

On the other side of the coin, it offers a great opportunity to see parts of the world that some might not other wise get a chance to do. These views are truly glimpses of these wonderful countries, but it still works. In the end, I would strongly recommend it as a wonderful opportunity.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]The Vista...............

There has not been a ship from Carnival since we have been sailing on Carnival ships back in 1996 that has had as much prerelease flair as the Vista. While I know it also has to do with the internet and FB, this was clearly a concise effort on Carnival's part.

We were privileged to get an invitation to the New York announcement, which I think was in December 2014. While we have been invited to these types of events in the past and understand the FUN aspect Carnival brings to all of their events, we knew as soon as we walked in that this as different. This was the first inclination that from Carnivals perspective this was not going to be just another ship.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]I know that some think all Carnival ships are just a slight change on the previous ones. There is no doubt that the Vista looks like a Carnival ship from the funnel on down. That said, we found the Vista to exceed our expectations, which were pretty high.

From the innovative things they added, to the great things that are on Carnival ships that they continued, the Vista is the new face of Carnival cruise lines. It shows on the faces of the team members that sail her that they feel the same way. From the Havana state rooms (which we absolutely loved and would not be surprised if there are many more on the Horizon when she comes out), to the family harbor staterooms and lounge, the Vista impressed us at every glance.

We loved the Vista, and frankly could not get enough of her during our med cruise. We are booked on her for two sailings in April and August of next year and cannot wait to sail on her again.

My recommendation is that if the mood strikes you, don't hesitate to do just the same thing[/SIZE][/COLOR] Edited by jimbo5544

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Well, this ends my longest review I have ever done. I was worried that I might lose interest along the way, but frankly am sad to see it end. I can only hope that you have enjoyed the journey half as much as I have in bringing it to you. Thanks for all the nice words along the way, they really help!

Happy cruising!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='trippingpara']Well said Jimbo! Great review and thanks for the taking the time to write it up![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]My pleasure, same to you on yours! Fantastic job!!! I would sail to Europe again in a heartbeat, and think I will do just that when the Horizon comes out![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. It gave me so very helpful information for our cruise next month. I hope we have as much fun as you and your group did and I also hope that our group will not have an problems of not following directions like your incident in Florence.

I'm eagerly awaiting the itinerary for Horizon. I would love to do a TA.

Thanks again.
Janice

[QUOTE=dogbert's mom;50754426]Thanks so much for your wonderful review. It gave me so very helpful information for our cruise next month. I hope we have as much fun as you and your group did and I also hope that our group will not have an problems of not following directions like your incident in Florence.

I'm eagerly awaiting the itinerary for Horizon. I would love to do a TA.

Thanks again.

Janice[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it! It sure was my pleasure doing it. This was the longest and biggest one I have ever attempted. You will have a blast, enjoy it to the max! We def will be strongly considering the Horizon and hope it will be the TA.

Well thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to sailing on Vista next year. I would have loved to go this summer but having 3 kids tagging along makes the travel expenses to Europe just way to expensive so I have to wait until Vista comes to the States. Edited by texasgirl73