Vista 7/1/16 8 day Med Review - a Vista like no other

jimbo5544

[quote name='texasgirl73']Well thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to sailing on Vista next year. I would have loved to go this summer but having 3 kids tagging along makes the travel expenses to Europe just way to expensive so I have to wait until Vista comes to the States.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it. I totally understand the kids thing, especially with the air fares. I think I mentioned it, but I was really surprised how many families with kids there was on our sailing. We had 5 kids (all grown and kids of their own now) and a med cruise would have not been on our radar screen either. That said, they did grow up on Carnival....

[quote name='sjn911']Great final comments....Bumping up!!! Too soon to not be avbx on page one sometimes.

Both Europe and the ship do look fabulous....[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sarah! It was a special trip in both regards. We are meeting with some Carnival reps tonight that have not been on yet (they will when she comes over in November). They are as excited as we all are in seeing the Vista.

Sailing in Europe is so special. We have decided we will do it again in 2 years on the Horizon.

[quote name='Jamman54'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]TWO thumbs up Jimbo!! What an awesome review!! Thanks for taking the time to do it!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Thanks Jeff! It was a pleasure doing it. As you know the humdrum of life can drag our cruise experiences out of us way to soon, and doing a review keeps it fresh.

Any chance you join us on the Pride next year?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='jimbo5544'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Thanks Jeff! It was a pleasure doing it. As you know the humdrum of life can drag our cruise experiences out of us way to soon, and doing a review keeps it fresh.

Any chance you join us on the Pride next year?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Not likely as we don't book peak season cruises anymore. We may go on the Pride in May with a couple who we know that are cruise newbies. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Jamman54'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Not likely as we don't book peak season cruises anymore. We may go on the Pride in May with a couple who we know that are cruise newbies. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Well I can certainly understand that logic. I have retirement in my cross hairs and we have had conversations along the line of being able to cruise in those less than prime time seasons. I am jealous.....;)
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Great job on the review! I did several Med cruises courtesy of Uncle Sam's all-inclusive cruise line (aka USN) and doing a Med cruise on a civilian cruise ship is high up on my list of things to do (again). I've been to almost all the ports you showcased and I'd love to go again. Barcelona has got to be hands-down the best Med port of them all, but I was sad to hear that the bull ring has been converted to a mall...I attended a bullfight there in '97 and it's too bad that Spain is slowly losing it's culture and traditions. Thanks for taking the time to document your cruise so thoroughly!

[quote name='swodog94']Great job on the review! I did several Med cruises courtesy of Uncle Sam's all-inclusive cruise line (aka USN) and doing a Med cruise on a civilian cruise ship is high up on my list of things to do (again). I've been to almost all the ports you showcased and I'd love to go again. Barcelona has got to be hands-down the best Med port of them all, but I was sad to hear that the bull ring has been converted to a mall...I attended a bullfight there in '97 and it's too bad that Spain is slowly losing it's culture and traditions. Thanks for taking the time to document your cruise so thoroughly![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Thanks for the kind words! LOL, your med cruise was a little different then ours. I highly recommend doing another one (I think I have high confidence in doing so compared to your last one). Barcelona was a wonderful home port and while we spent some time there, we easily could have spent another couple of day. It is amazing with the language barriers who small a problem communication was no matter where we went.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thank you for writing your review! It shortened the time to our vista cruise in September.
It was great to read and your pictures are awesome!

If my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time.

[quote name='Cashya']Thank you for writing your review! It shortened the time to our vista cruise in September.
It was great to read and your pictures are awesome!

If my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Thanks for the nice words on the review and the pics. I envy you sailing on the Vista in September, hopefully my review adds to your time before the cruise and also in enjoying your cruise more.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]A post script note: I had made mention that while on the cruise at the Diamond event I had the opportunity to sit next to the chief engineer and we had a fairly in depth discussion about how technologically different and advanced the Vista is compared to other Carnival ships. I found this article (which I posted on the everything Vista thread), which is an award that the Vista received (the first for a Carnival ship) in light of technology advances and reduced carbon footprint. While this is not gee whiz type of stuff, it does talk to the "behind the scenes" efforts that are part of what makes the Vista unique and better.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/carnival-vista-achieves-lloyds-registers-eco-notation.html[/url]

[quote name='jimbo5544'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]The Vista...............

There has not been a ship from Carnival since we have been sailing on Carnival ships back in 1996 that has had as much prerelease flair as the Vista. While I know it also has to do with the internet and FB, this was clearly a concise effort on Carnival's part.

We were privileged to get an invitation to the New York announcement, which I think was in December 2014. While we have been invited to these types of events in the past and understand the FUN aspect Carnival brings to all of their events, we knew as soon as we walked in that this as different. This was the first inclination that from Carnivals perspective this was not going to be just another ship.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

My cousin was invited to the New York announcement and won one of the free 11/05/16 cruise that was given away. I am so excited because she invited me to sail with her only 80 more days until we sail!!!! I really enjoyed your review!

I enjoyed your pictures and thoughts on Vista. We had a mostly great trip on her but all agreed that Breeze is still our favorite. Looking forward to Horizon and our next European adventure though.

Glad you enjoyed it as well as the cruise itself. No worries in that another ship is your fav, we all have different likes and dislikes, which is fine. We are looking forward to the Horizon as well.

My cousin was invited to the New York announcement and won one of the free 11/05/16 cruise that was given away. I am so excited because she invited me to sail with her only 80 more days until we sail!!!! I really enjoyed your review!

Wow! Lucky you guys! I am sure you will really enjoy the Vista. Thanks for the nice words on the review!

Jimbo I am glad that you had a wonderful cruise.

We went on 5/24 and my God the Vista is so beautiful!!!!

So sad that we can't really enjoy her because what I wanted was

The ports of call .The Vista was my first Mediterranean cruise

and was Phenomenal I was living my Dream Rome ,Barcelona,Amalfi

Sorrento all those beautiful cities were on my bucket list.

I can't wait until the Vista comes home maybe I will sail again on her

Next year.

ISA

Edited by Isasprings

Jimbo I am glad that you had a wonderful cruise.

We went on 5/24 and my God the Vista is so beautiful!!!!

So sad that we can't really enjoy her because what I wanted was

The ports of call .The Vista was my first Mediterranean cruise

and was Phenomenal I was living my Dream Rome ,Barcelona,Amalfi

Sorrento all those beautiful cities were on my bucket list.

I can't wait until the Vista comes home maybe I will sail again on her

Next year.

ISA

Sounds like you enjoyed her as much as we did. Those ports a re so unique. We had a group post cruise party and they are all ready to go back and do it again on the Horizon. That said, we will be cruising on the Vista in April and next August.

Hey Jimbo!! Thanks, we're really excited to be doing those 2 cruises B2B!! :D It'll be fun getting to see both Europe and the Caribbean in 1 trip. I'm really looking forward to getting to be on her Caribbean Inaugural and it's a Journeys cruise as well which I've never tried so I'm excited about that. And I love all the sea days on a Transatlantic so that'll be fun. You're so lucky, I'd love to see a Naming Ceremony someday. I've seen videos of them but never in person. I imagine we won't be invited (we're just passengers, we're Platinum not Diamond, we don't work for Carnival, so no one special who would get an invite to something like that) but maybe we can find somewhere to stand onshore and watch. Yes, we will be staying onboard the ship while docked in NY. We'll just have to move our luggage and all our clothes and stuff from the cabin we have for the TA to the cabin we have for the Caribbean cruise. Shouldn't be that hard. That'll be super cool, being on the ship with so few other people. I'm looking forward to getting to explore the city a bit while we're there, it's one of my favourite places to visit. Are they letting you stay onboard for those 2 nights as well? Maybe we can get together for a drink or something. I see your posts here on CC all the time and would love to meet you in person. Email me if you want and we can keep in touch and maybe work out a way to get together while we're docked in New York - assumptionchic@gmail.com If you do have pics of the Havana Pool area, that'd be great. I'm looking forward to getting to stay there!! :D

Oh, ok. I was kinda hoping we'd be in the MDR that has the bar in it just because it looks so beautiful in pictures. I like it better than the forward one. Which one did the have the Sea Day Brunch in on your cruise? Maybe we can go to that one day and see it then. However, it sounds like you got a good show leaving your dining room with Matt dancing on the bar, haha. :D I hope he does that on one or both of our cruises as well!! We're wait listed for 2nd seating on the 2nd half of our B2B (confirmed 2nd seating for the TA), I really hope we get it!! We're really not fans of early seating (it's too early) or ATD (we like having the same table mates and waiters for the whole cruise).

I do like American Table (I don't think it's much different from the old menus honestly) although I would like them to have the tablecloths every night. It just makes it seem more like an elegant/fine restaurant rather than Chilis or something similar. Oh well, the food is still good and that's what matters. I like them having some kind of food that's local to where your cruising though, it's fun trying new things that we can't get at home.

Awesome, I'd love to take a brewery tour!! :D That'd be so much fun. Did you do the Behind The Fun Tour and/or Chef's Table? If so, how were they? We were thinking about doing the Behind the fun tour (I've never done it on any ship, neither has my Mom) but I'm not sure which of the 2 cruises we should do it on or if we should do it at all. I've always wanted to try Chef's Table as well, sounds amazing.

I guess there were a lot of kids on your cruise because the schools are out in July so they have the time off. I imagine it would be different during the school year. Good to know they had all the typical Carnival activities, parties, events, etc because like I said, on our last 2 TAs with Holland America, there was literally nothing going on day or night. I'm hoping these will be much more active, fun cruises!! :D

Ok, that sounds exactly like what I was thinking expecting it to be like. I like the dome idea, then if it rains is doesn't matter. You don't have to worry about getting wet while you eat. What kind of restaurants do they have in the Bull Ring? Are they spanish cuisine (tapas, etc) or more like the chain restaurants (and/or pubs) we're used to in the USA and Canada? Either way, I think it sounds like a great experience and I'd love to try it!! :D

It is long overdue, but I just sent you an email with a question...

• 9 months later...

Hello

No plans for sailing the Vista or the Med right now, but wanted you to know how much I enjoyed your review. You and yours sound like a great group who know how to have fun, but are also caring, e.g. the 2 lost ladies.

Btw I was born in CT and although lived in other places, moved to NC after 34 yrs in CT.

Looking forward to your next review.

Hello

No plans for sailing the Vista or the Med right now, but wanted you to know how much I enjoyed your review. You and yours sound like a great group who know how to have fun, but are also caring, e.g. the 2 lost ladies.

Btw I was born in CT and although lived in other places, moved to NC after 34 yrs in CT.

Looking forward to your next review.

Why thank you very much! Where were you born n Ct? Just so happens I did another review of the Vista (sans group this time) last month. Here is a link for you if get bored ....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2486390

Our group is doing a Horizon cruise out of New York next July. I am sure I do a review of that as well.

Edited by jimbo5544

Why thank you very much! Where were you born n Ct? Just so happens I did another review of the Vista (sans group this time) last month. Here is a link for you if get bored ....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2486390

Our group is doing a Horizon cruise out of New York next July. I am sure I do a review of that as well.

Actually I already read and enjoyed that review-it lead me to your Med review as I was hungry for more.

I was born in New London and lived early years in Niantic. Now 1 1/2 yr retired and moved to NC to be near family.

Once again, enjoyed your wife's and your story and pix, and boy that Flat Stanley sure did get around!

Actually I already read and enjoyed that review-it lead me to your Med review as I was hungry for more.

I was born in New London and lived early years in Niantic. Now 1 1/2 yr retired and moved to NC to be near family.

Once again, enjoyed your wife's and your story and pix, and boy that Flat Stanley sure did get around!

LOL our grand daughter got a real kick out of it. You have to be careful, we did not take flat Stanley on the Vista revisited and she asked about it when we got home..... Thanks again for the kudo's

Sent from my iPad using Forums