Just back Gem Deluxe Owners Suite

Dziadzi

How you had a great time. I'm due to sail on the Gem in March, in an Owners Suite. Can advise, do they replenish the bathroom amenities i.e bulgari shampoo/body wash etc as used?

How was butler? I'm pretty stoked to have one and keen to know what you used him for, special requests etc?

UBP - how did you find that? Bar tenders happy to make any cocktail even if not on the list?

Thanks for any other tips or hints that you might want to share.

Thanks Dominic

How you had a great time. I'm due to sail on the Gem in March, in an Owners Suite. Can advise, do they replenish the bathroom amenities i.e bulgari shampoo/body wash etc as used?

How was butler? I'm pretty stoked to have one and keen to know what you used him for, special requests etc?

UBP - how did you find that? Bar tenders happy to make any cocktail even if not on the list?

Thanks for any other tips or hints that you might want to share.

Thanks Dominic

Replenishment of the supplies will vary by room steward. Our experience lately is they tend to be pretty stingy but I read a recent review of someone on GA or Escape and they got lots.

We were on Breakaway in a The Haven Spa Suite and only got one set of Bulgari - we really didn't use them anyway. Also the only body wash was the generic stuff in the container in the shower.

They didn't have the green shower wash in the bottles (they had two sizes in March on POA)? That was pretty decent stuff.

Just returned from the Gem 7 day trip to the Bahamas and stayed in the Deluxe Owners Suite, 15000. Any questions I can help with?

Hi Dziazdi:

We are in Gem 15000 in August-- did you work with pre-cruise concierge or just wait until you got on the ship? Do you happen to have a list of the liquors available?? Any other tips would be appreciated..

Thx

Bob

Hi Dziazdi:

We are in Gem 15000 in August-- did you work with pre-cruise concierge or just wait until you got on the ship? Do you happen to have a list of the liquors available?? Any other tips would be appreciated..

Thx

Bob

Not the OP, but we were just in 15000 in June. We got our pre-concierge letter exactly one month before sail date and responded to the email with our choices. All of our requests were taken care of and ready for us when we boarded. Alcohol list is below:

Beefeater Gin

Grant's Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram's 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

North & South by Norwegian, Sauvignon Blanc, California

North & South by Norwegian, Red Blend, California

Note: in my email to the pre-concierge I asked if we could get DiSorrono Amaretto and Midori in lieu of two bottles from the list, and they were both in our room with the rum when we arrived. I've read this is hit or miss, but in our case it was hit.

Our supplies in the bar (and bathroom) were well stocked every day. The pre-concierge letter didn't list Mt. Dew as a soda option, but they do have it. We saw it on a cart one day, and my stepson made a comment to the butler that he loves Mt. Dew and when we got back to the room 12 cans were on the bar.

As for the bathroom supplies, there was shampoo and conditioner in bottles in the shower and on the sink. We used the stuff in the shower and I stashed the rest (conditioner, lotion, lip balm, etc) in my luggage every day or two, and came back to it fully stocked after the room was made back up. I love using the products at home...it smells like I'm still on the cruise!

Not the OP, but we were just in 15000 in June. We got our pre-concierge letter exactly one month before sail date and responded to the email with our choices. All of our requests were taken care of and ready for us when we boarded. Alcohol list is below:

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram's 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

Note: in my email to the pre-concierge I asked if we could get DiSorrono Amaretto and Midori in lieu of two bottles from the list, and they were both in our room with the rum when we arrived. I've read this is hit or miss, but in our case it was hit.

Our supplies in the bar (and bathroom) were well stocked every day. The pre-concierge letter didn't list Mt. Dew as a soda option, but they do have it. We saw it on a cart one day, and my stepson made a comment to the butler that he loves Mt. Dew and when we got back to the room 12 cans were on the bar.

As for the bathroom supplies, there was shampoo and conditioner in bottles in the shower and on the sink. We used the stuff in the shower and I stashed the rest (conditioner, lotion, lip balm, etc) in my luggage every day or two, and came back to it fully stocked after the room was made back up. I love using the products at home...it smells like I'm still on the cruise!

Diet Sierra Mist I haven't seen on the list as well but we've been able to get it pretty much no problem although sometimes they have to go to "stores" to get it and it ends up showing up the next day.

Thank You --- very informative--- we are excited- cruised Disney concierge last year and looking forward to this as well. .. any tips you can share--what other things did you ask pre-concierge for? what specialty restaurants did you eat at?

thx

bob

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Dziazdi:

Thx

Bob

Bob, the view from 15000 is unbelievable. That plus the space is worth every penny! We didn't use the BOSE but there were a few CDs in the desk so I guess it works.

The list of alcohol provided earlier is current for gem. When we called prior to boarding we asked for a substitution of a scotch and that request was on the counter when we arrived in the room. My husband asked for another bottle to be changed and that also happened. Ask and you shall receive!

Room 15000 had a morning steward's helper who came in and made up the room and checked the hot tub and deck...yes, call it a deck, it could comfortably hold 10 people. There was also an evening steward who did turn down service. Both of these gentlemen were terrific and either one will get you want you need, towels, soap, etc. our butler, however, was not around very often. If you want anything, my suggestion is to call him and let him know what you want. He must have had a lot of other suites because we saw him maybe 3 times the whole 7 days. Does it say anything to you that he didnt show up for a tip?!

There are 19 steps up to the room but you won't mind a bit! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 1 month later...

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram's 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

Hi we are booked in a garden villa on Gem next May - am I reading correctly that the mini bar is free and you are given 2 bottle of free alcohol?? If so, happy days :) Please let me know, many thanks

Hi we are booked in a garden villa on Gem next May - am I reading correctly that the mini bar is free and you are given 2 bottle of free alcohol?? If so, happy days :) Please let me know, many thanks

Unless something changes between now and your trip, the GV gets 6 bottles of booze from the list shown above but not free mini-bar. You do get free in-room unlimited soda and water. You'll also get a bottle of champagne.

Unless something changes between now and your trip, the GV gets 6 bottles of booze from the list shown above but not free mini-bar. You do get free in-room unlimited soda and water. You'll also get a bottle of champagne.

That's brilliant - they haven't mentioned that when I booked and I can't see it on the website:confused: Maybe they don't advertise it in case they change their minds !!!

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram's 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

Thanks for sharing.

Just returned from the Gem 7 day trip to the Bahamas and stayed in the Deluxe Owners Suite, 15000. Any questions I can help with?

We will be on the Gem in early October. Who was your concierge and do you know if he/she will be still there in October?

Thanks

We will be on the Gem in early October. Who was your concierge and do you know if he/she will be still there in October?

Thanks

The concierge was Monica Fotache and our butler was Randy Romero. Our trip was to Nassau so don't know if she will be on your October trip. Monica was very helpful and could be found every morning in Moderno if reservations were needed. She was also there to make sure you were "at the head of the line."

• 1 year later...
Is there mixers other than soda for the booze? Can you get beers too?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We requested and were given strawberry daiquiri mix, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and orange juice

Not beer drinkers, so I️ can’t address that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious if you don't open any of the 6 bottles can you take them home?

Yep. And, the bottles I️ did open but didn’t finish I️ capped, put a ziplock bag around the cap and neck, and wrapped with packaging tape to secure during transport. Wrapped each bottle in clothing for safe transport home in the luggage with no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums