Delta insurance?

39august

When I book with AA, at the end of my transaction, there is a place to click on to purchase insurance for that flight. It is with Allianz. Does Delta have such an option, please? The AA air was only $52 pp. We take inexpensive medi and evac coverage, but it does not cover independently booked air fare.

There is some kind of flight insurance offered, but I never look at it as I have no reason for these purchases. I, in effect, self-insure on many travel topics.

In any case, you should read the fine print VERY carefully to be sure that it provides the specific coverage you need and want. Even if it's by the same company, policies can vary widely.

Caveat emptor. (And remember, "insurance" is to cover financial loses, not "get you there")

Yes, Delta offers a collection of extras, including insurance. The following coverage was offered for $49 for my next DL trip.

Benefits

Coverage Details (per person) Amounts

Trip Cancellation / Interruption Up to trip cost (max $10,000)

Emergency Medical Transportation$50,000

Emergency Medical$10,000

Baggage Coverage$500

Baggage Delay$100

Travel Delay$150

Change Fee Coverage$150

Concierge Included 24-Hour Hotline Included

Existing Medical Conditions CoverageAvailableTerms, conditions and exclusions apply. Benefits underwritten by BCS Insurance Company or Jefferson Insurance Company, depending on your state of residence. Recommended by AGA Service Company, the licensed producer and administrator of this plan.

When I book with AA, at the end of my transaction, there is a place to click on to purchase insurance for that flight. It is with Allianz. Does Delta have such an option, please? The AA air was only $52 pp. We take inexpensive medi and evac coverage, but it does not cover independently booked air fare.

Delta does have the insurance as an option. We usually don't buy it for domestic flights, but do so for expensive international flights.

Delta does have the insurance as an option. We usually don't buy it for domestic flights, but do so for expensive international flights.

We buy it for domestic trips when it's only air we need to insure (and will be using)...Buying tickets for 10 family members that includes 2 toddler grandsons is a good deal for this situation.