Just off Liberty, any questions?

We had a group of 11. My parents were in a Jr. Suite (aft) on the 10th deck. My family (kids aged 10, 6 and 3) and my brother's family (kids aged 6 and 4) were each in adjoining oceanview cabins on the 3rd deck.

My husband and I have cruised before but never with kids. This was our second cruise on RC. We did early seating and ate there 5 nights, 1 night in Sabor and 1 night in Windjammer so we could take in an early show. We saw Saturday Night Fever, the In the Air show and the ice show. In Roatan, we went to Little French Key. Belize was cave tubing with VIV Tours and in Cozumel, we hired a taxi in advance to hit the chocolate factory, ruins and snorkeling beach. My husband and I used the gym, and I sampled the spa services. Our kids all spent some time in Ocean Adventure.

Questions?

So what were your overall impressions about the ship? And the new terminal in Galveston?

We absolutely loved it! For me, it only felt crowded at the pool -- sometimes wall to wall people. The Windjammer was crowded on port mornings, mostly because we could get off the ship so early. They did a good job clearing the tables and asking people to vacate tables as soon as they were done to accommodate everyone. The food was good, as were the pool drinks of the day. The ship itself is lovely, especially enjoyed the promenade (even if it's mostly shopping). One thing I felt was missing was a place to go dancing. Olive & Twist was full of 18-25 year olds, of which I am not one!

The embarkation process was smooth enough; the employees were certainly friendly. I think we got on the ship on the early side since my parents were in a suite. It's also fun to be on the ship when it's so empty. The terminal itself is fine but you do have to weave through all the people disembarking, which is definitely chaotic. Disembarking wasn't too bad since I read to use a porter. They'll put you in a shorter customs line. We got off early (second group) since we were using cruise ship transportation to the airport. The terminal itself is depressing in that it's like walking through a giant hot warehouse. I'd say we cleared customs in less than 30 minutes.

Edited by Kristin7701

I also wanted to add that my brother got sick on Friday night of our Sunday to Sunday cruise. We assumed it was something he ate in Mexico but the captain announced the next morning that they had an uptick in reports of GI illness. Unfortunately for my brother, he was quarantined for 24 hours but I was impressed with the way the ship handled the situation (as was my husband, who is a family medicine doctor).

I also wanted to add that my brother got sick on Friday night of our Sunday to Sunday cruise. We assumed it was something he ate in Mexico but the captain announced the next morning that they had an uptick in reports of GI illness. Unfortunately for my brother, he was quarantined for 24 hours but I was impressed with the way the ship handled the situation (as was my husband, who is a family medicine doctor).

What night did you eat at Sabor? I was on the ship 2 weeks earlier and had a similar issue Friday night or rather Saturday morning. It wasn't enough to go to the infirmary and I figured it was something I ate in Cozumel on Friday or Sabor where we dined Friday night.

We absolutely loved it! For me, it only felt crowded at the pool -- sometimes wall to wall people. The Windjammer was crowded on port mornings, mostly because we could get off the ship so early. They did a good job clearing the tables and asking people to vacate tables as soon as they were done to accommodate everyone. The food was good, as were the pool drinks of the day. The ship itself is lovely, especially enjoyed the promenade (even if it's mostly shopping). One thing I felt was missing was a place to go dancing. Olive & Twist was full of 18-25 year olds, of which I am not one!

The embarkation process was smooth enough; the employees were certainly friendly. I think we got on the ship on the early side since my parents were in a suite. It's also fun to be on the ship when it's so empty. The terminal itself is fine but you do have to weave through all the people disembarking, which is definitely chaotic. Disembarking wasn't too bad since I read to use a porter. They'll put you in a shorter customs line. We got off early (second group) since we were using cruise ship transportation to the airport. The terminal itself is depressing in that it's like walking through a giant hot warehouse. I'd say we cleared customs in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks for the response, and so glad you had a great time! We can't wait to see her in November (Thanksgiving, so wall-to-wall people).

Hope your brother is all better...poor guy!

Did anyone in your group of 11 purchase an internet package?

If so, were they satisfied with connection, speed, and was it the surf package or surf_&_stream?

Thanks!

I purchased the regular surf package and only checked email and Facebook. Some days were better than others.

Did anyone in your group of 11 purchase an internet package?

If so, were they satisfied with connection, speed, and was it the surf package or surf_&_stream?

Thanks!

We were on the liberty in May and will be on it again September, spend the extra money stream and surf package. The internet speed on the surf package is spotty and slow.

What night did you eat at Sabor? I was on the ship 2 weeks earlier and had a similar issue Friday night or rather Saturday morning. It wasn't enough to go to the infirmary and I figured it was something I ate in Cozumel on Friday or Sabor where we dined Friday night.

Wow! We ate at Sabor on Thursday night, were in Cozumel on Friday and he was sick by Friday night. We ate a lot of the same food (they served the apps family style at Sabor) so we were all trying to figure out what happened.

Thanks, good information.

We were on the liberty in May and will be on it again September, spend the extra money stream and surf package. The internet speed on the surf package is spotty and slow.

thanks for the feedback!