Miracle Obstructed Balcony Room

Hi all-

My husband and I are gearing up for our first cruise, celebrating our 5yr anniversary next month. I booked a "Guaranteed Balcony" room before I realized there was such a thing as an "obstructed view". We just received our room assignment today and are a bit disappointed to have a room with an obstructed view... I looked at the deck plan and concluded that we'll have a great view of a lifeboat. I called Costco Travel hoping to be able to upgrade, even if it cost a bit extra, but wasn't prepared for the $1800 difference. So, we're sticking with the assigned room & now hoping for some insight to how obstructed our view will be... Will we be able to see the ocean at all? Or will the lifeboat be directly in from of our balcony? Any insight would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which cabin? If you're behind the first three lifeboats then the ones towards the front of each tender/lifeboat your view will be blocked. The cabins towards the rear of each lifeboat/tender will have the same view as the cabins more aft. When looking out you'll see the ocean, the top of the lifeboat is just under level with the balcony.

That is the issue with booking a guarantee. Need to accept the worst cabin in your category.

ETA-- about the video, cabin 5236 is a bowling alley cabin. A regular cabin's balcony is only as wide as the cabin. It will have one reclining chair, a regular chair and a small table.

Edited by SadieN

Sorry my above reply was thinking u had a 4K, but seems like u actually have a 7k here is a link to that room

This is great thanks! And not as bad as I had imagined. We will be totally fine with this. It's not perfect, but not horrible.

Which cabin? If you're behind the first three lifeboats then the ones towards the front of each tender/lifeboat your view will be blocked. The cabins towards the rear of each lifeboat/tender will have the same view as the cabins more aft. When looking out you'll see the ocean, the top of the lifeboat is just under level with the balcony.

That is the issue with booking a guarantee. Need to accept the worst cabin in your category.

ETA-- about the video, cabin 5236 is a bowling alley cabin. A regular cabin's balcony is only as wide as the cabin. It will have one reclining chair, a regular chair and a small table.

We're in 5228. If our view is the same as what's posted in the video we will be fine! Lesson learned though with the guaranteed balcony.

View will be the same, balcony won't be. :D

We usually book French door inside or obstructed balcony cabins. I'd be very happy with this cabin.

Edited by SadieN

View will be the same, balcony won't be. :D

We usually book French door inside or obstructed balcony cabins. I'd be very happy with this cabin.

Thanks again! I get that our balcony will not be as long, and I'm ok with that. It's just the two of us so no need for a whole lot of balcony space [emoji4]

This is great thanks! And not as bad as I had imagined. We will be totally fine with this. It's not perfect, but not horrible.

We had an obstructed balcony on Miracle's sister ship Spirit. It was not bad at all! You may not be able to look down, but if you look out, it is all ocean.

We're in 5228. If our view is the same as what's posted in the video we will be fine! Lesson learned though with the guaranteed balcony.

I'm in 5229 next March. I'm hoping you can report back and let me know how it is. Pictures wouldn't be so bad, either. ;)

I'm actually pretty excited. My last cruise we had an inside cabin; it was nicer than I expected (me and young daughter only). But this time I decided to splurge a bit and get the obstructed view balcony so we had the fresh air, plus a bit more space.

I was in 5232 on the Spirit ...it was a nice room and balcony. The only drawback was constant balcony door slammers on both sides for 22 days.

Not so much door slammers (slamming, IMO is done in anger) but those doors are so heavy it's hard to hold them back to close quietly.

Door closing noises are becoming an issue for those living in detached houses. Those in apartment buildings are used to doors closing.

Edited by SadieN

I'm in 5229 next March. I'm hoping you can report back and let me know how it is. Pictures wouldn't be so bad, either. ;)

I'm actually pretty excited. My last cruise we had an inside cabin; it was nicer than I expected (me and young daughter only). But this time I decided to splurge a bit and get the obstructed view balcony so we had the fresh air, plus a bit more space.

I'm hoping to have time to write a review and hopefully include some pics after our trip...I'm back to work the day after we return though so it likely won't happen immediately. Feel free to prompt me if I haven't posted by late August! I rely on reviews to get an idea of what to expect on my trips and would like to reciprocate for others [emoji2]