First PG Cruise in 9/17 how are the Grand Suites?

Smbruner

We really like to be on our balcony and have enjoyed in the past being at the back of ships to enjoy the scenery pass by unobstructed.

So, a large balcony is preferred.

Any thoughts on the Grand Suite on the PG? So, far I like the thought of it being a wrap around deck but wondering about if I can see out when it it moving or if it would be too windy in front, might have to sit on the side deck?

Thanks for any advice or tips. We're celebrating my husband's 60th so we're trying to do it in style!

We were on June 1 10 day Society Islands/tuamotus. We were on deck 8, not one of the end cabins, but did go out on the "secret deck" which is right inbetween those two. It was incredibly windy at times-think wind tunnel here. We had some bad weather, prompting an itinerary change, so not sure how much that affected it. We skipped day #1 in Moorea, and went back to Bora Bora to where it was more protected. Our side facing balcony was not too windy, but it got too sunny to sit outside at times. As a lot of people on here say, the ship is your balcony! The wrap around balconies do have lounge chairs, as opposed to the small table and chairs on our 806 balcony

I can take 3 cruises on the PG on deck 3 for your 1 in a Grand Suite. No thanks. Even when I could afford it I didn't. The ship is small, use the ship as your wrap around balcony! If you really need your own balcony, save $5-6000 pp and get a deck 6 cabin. The secret balcony on 8 is anything but secret! Just my opinion (many others here have the same).

We really like to be on our balcony and have enjoyed in the past being at the back of ships to enjoy the scenery pass by unobstructed.

So, a large balcony is preferred.

Any thoughts on the Grand Suite on the PG? So, far I like the thought of it being a wrap around deck but wondering about if I can see out when it it moving or if it would be too windy in front, might have to sit on the side deck?

Thanks for any advice or tips. We're celebrating my husband's 60th so we're trying to do it in style!

We have stayed in a Grand Suite. The balcony is divided into two parts. One is on the side of the ship. The other is across the front, which you access through a rather heavy metal door where the side of the ship curves around to the front. It is rather windy up front when underway, but great while anchored. There is a front-facing window in the living area of the suite in addition to the glass doors to the balcony, but the sofa/loveseat under the window does not face the view.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

We have stayed in a Grand Suite. The balcony is divided into two parts. One is on the side of the ship. The other is across the front, which you access through a rather heavy metal door where the side of the ship curves around to the front. It is rather windy up front when underway, but great while anchored. There is a front-facing window in the living area of the suite in addition to the glass doors to the balcony, but the sofa/loveseat under the window does not face the view.

Thanks for the clarification, I think we'll stay with the Grand Suite this cruise. It's either this room or the Owners Suite and I like the front balcony use even if limited to when not sailing. The ideal location for us, is a suite on the very back of the ship but PG doesn't have any of those, just balcony rooms.

We do have to mention that the front portion of the balcony can be seen by anyone who wants to look down from the public deck 9 and from the side by anyone on the so-called "secret balcony". We had people look at us several times. Could be a bit disconcerting if you want private sunbathing or just plain privacy.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

We do have to mention that the front portion of the balcony can be seen by anyone who wants to look down from the public deck 9 and from the side by anyone on the so-called "secret balcony". We had people look at us several times. Could be a bit disconcerting if you want private sunbathing or just plain privacy.

Thanks for the tip - if people want to look they can look. It's not like we are nudist or anything! LOL

I'm not sure there are any true private balconies on the PG - are there?

Thanks for the tip - if people want to look they can look. It's not like we are nudist or anything! LOL

I'm not sure there are any true private balconies on the PG - are there?

The normal balconies on the sides of the ship are private in the way of all ship balconies--you could talk to your neighbours, but perhaps not see them. It's just the deck 8 GS balconies that can be seen from above (and from the secret balcony in the middle.)

Just keep in mind that the "large" suites on the PG are quite small by industry standards. Of course the standard cabins are too!