Opinions and help needed to decide!

moongal

I have been on 2 cruises. One 7 day on the Magic and one 4 day on the Liberty. I loved them both, but there were things about each ship and itinerary that I loved and hated. But still ended up being equal in my eyes as we had heavenly time both trips.

I am trying to plan our next cruise and have managed to talk my husband into coming this next time so I desperately want him to have a good time so he will want to keep cruising!

Here's where I need some opinions and help from experienced cruisers.

I am trying to decide between a 7 day on Freedom or 7 day on Breeze or 5 day on Liberty.

These are the only ships I am considering because we want to go out of Galveston which is under an hour drive from our house.

I just cannot make up my mind tho!!

We will be traveling with our 2 kids still at home they will be 18 and 16 when we travel.

My kids really want to go on the Breeze, and I really had a fantastic time on the Magic, so I think that might be the best choice because I know there will be a ton to do. Only drawback is that my hubby HATES crowds. So not sure if he will enjoy waiting in lines for everything. When we were on the Magic we waited in lines for everything. (We can only go during peak summer because of school)

I considered the Freedom since it was the same class as Liberty and I really enjoyed the less crowded atmosphere. We could decide to go to any comedy show or the theater productions at the last minute and still get a seat. When we were on the Magic we had to get to the comedy shows etc about an hour before hand to ensure getting a seat.

The shows were not anywhere near as good though on the Liberty so not sure if the lesser crowds would be worth it since the shows were boring.

I considered the 5 day on the Liberty thinking maybe a shorter trip might be better....maybe he would feel better about going if he thought it was going to be short. Only problem with that is the itinerary. Not to enthused with going to Progresso. Oldest daughter and other family members say it's not that great of a port to visit

Does anyone care to share their thoughts or opinions?

We are non drinkers, we love to play trivia. Any thoughts anyone might have I would love to hear since I am having such a hard time deciding.

Hi Moongal

My opinion...the Breeze has more to offer.

It may have more people, but it is a larger ship.

As far as standing lines and being in crowds...that is a matter of choice. If you encounter a crowd too large, find something else to do. Same with the lines...be there before the crowd. If you want to do something at the same time that everyone else does, you have to expect a crowd or a line. Now you understand how to avoid a crowd/lines...it's just a matter of timing.

have a great cruise

Hi,

I have a husband who hates crowds and waiting in line for anything!! He loves cruising!!

We have only been on smaller ships like the Spirit class and one cruise on the Conquest.

We buy FTTF to get onto the ship and off it more easily.

We are trying the Triumph and are going on a 5 day and looking forward to Progresso as an example of real Mexico before all the tourists get there. It sounds like there are some really interesting excursions from the ship and also that you can just buy from locals at the pier.

I would take a reluctant husband on a shorter cruise unless I knew the 7 day was on one of the smaller ships.

Just my opinion.

The ships we have cruised on, were the Conquest, then Magic. (forget about the ones, that were way before these were offered) We loved the Magic, best. Our next cruise is in 09/16, on Freedom. I started out booking a suite on the Breeze and still don't know how I ended up on Freedom. Smooth talking agent, I guess. I have researched this ship, and am very apprehensive. People claim, very few daytime activities. Smallest ship we have ever been on. As we have never had a bad cruise, I will try to look at it as a vacation, how bad can any ship be?....but, I would suggest to you, research, research!!! The 1st part of this forum has a Freedom ship tour that I found helpful. Triumph is even smaller, but not by much. You can pull up the ships on carnival's website and compare up to 3. Again, very helpful. Good luck whatever you decide!!!:)

I have only been on the Breeze out of the ships that you mentioned and I have to say it ended up being one of my FAVORITE ships. It was just simply amazing!

I have a complete reviews with hundreds of pictures of the ship (listed in my signature line) if you are interested in having a look. :)

Remember, just because the ship is smaller doesn't always mean there won't be crowds. I've been on some smaller ships (Holiday anyone??) and smaller ship means smaller areas which equal crowded areas. Lines can be longer in the buffet because the dining options are fewer on a smaller ship. Pool areas are smaller = more crowded. The Dream seemed less crowded to me because there was more space for people to spread out.

Does the choice of ports enter into your decision at all?