Upsell Fairy

jnwinos

I finally got a call!! First time in many cruises.

We are leaving on Saturday on the Miracle.

We have a 4K, they offered us a balcony on deck 7 for $300.00 total. I don't use the balcony much and I like money. So, I told her thank you but if something else comes up cheaper call me.

I'm leaving on Sunday on Pride, and just upgraded from 4K obstructed to 8M extended aft view balcony for $250. I was content just having sunlight and air from the french door obstructed. Never thought a balcony was worth it, but when they called I got suckered in. Keeping it a surprise from my GF until we get there. She's expecting a nice view of nothing but lifeboat, and now we are going to have a great one.

We went from interior to balcony after cruise#1 and have been loyal balcony cruisers ever since. You may feel different after trying it out.

Cheers and enjoy the cruise.

We are different and make different choices.

Balconies can easily cost more than 50% more than interiors.

Since we spend little time on balconies, preferring to be out and about, think we are better served paying less for the cruise but going more often.

I'm leaving on Sunday on Pride, and just upgraded from 4K obstructed to 8M extended aft view balcony for $250. I was content just having sunlight and air from the french door obstructed. Never thought a balcony was worth it, but when they called I got suckered in. Keeping it a surprise from my GF until we get there. She's expecting a nice view of nothing but lifeboat, and now we are going to have a great one.

That's awesome! I upgraded my BF (now hubby) and I to a balcony on our first cruise years ago and I so wanted to keep it as a surprise from him as well! Unfortunately, he logged into our reservation on the Carnival site to fill out his info for the cruise and he noticed the rate we paid was much higher than he knew it to be. He called me panicked because he thought there was an error on our account...so I had to fess up! He was still wonderfully surprised and appreciative. But I do wish I had gotten to see the look on his face when we walked into our cabin. Good luck...and keep her off of your Carnival account until sailing! LOL

We were loyal balcony people back when I could smoke on it. I quit smoking about the time the policy changed. We tried an interior and didn't care for it. Moved to an OV and really enjoyed that space. I do think there are cruises that are worth the price of a balcony. Alaska is a balcony worthy cruise. A regular cruise out of Galveston (my home port) not so much.

We did a balcony on our last cruise and couldn't relax due to all of the door slamming. I started to think our neighbors were having a competition to see who could do it the loudest. My sister stayed one deck higher though and didn't have any problems.