Just wondering...

boxermom73

I have probably sent more than 50 bookings my PVP's way over the past few years.

He has sent me texts thanking me, called me when he saw good deals ( mostly for his sake hoping he would sell me a cruise) and has sent us a card once.

Nothing onboard, but that doubt they have the ability to do that.. Would be a nice perk for them, to be able to send say chocolate covered Strawberries or something else.

I just wondered since TA's offer such great offers...

Many TAs are able to give these by booking you into a group, whether you know it or not. Same with OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the 2 cruises we have been on our PVP has given us OBC to buy a drink on him and also sends us chocolate covered strawberries. I would expect nothing less since he is making a commission off each of our bookings.

I was reading a thread on here last week on this topic. I had no idea so many TA's send gifts to their customers. I've been using the PVP for a few years now and I've brought my inlaws along twice and our daughter and her bf two times. So booked 2 cabins on four different sailings plus ourselves on 2 other sailings all in 3 years and we've received nothing.

It makes me wonder if I should get a new PVP

On the 2 cruises we have been on our PVP has given us OBC to buy a drink on him and also sends us chocolate covered strawberries. I would expect nothing less since he is making a commission off each of our bookings.
how nice! I wish mine would do more!

My PVP sent a gift, a pretty picture frame. It was on our 5th cruise with her. We thought that was so nice. She hasn't sent anything else since then but we don't expect anything either.

Never have gotten anything from him. The fact that I can call him anytime day or night is enough. He even gave me his cell phone number in case of emergencies. I have called him as late as 11pm thinking I would just leave a voicemail. To my surprise he answered and took care of my issue. Even on holidays or Sundays (caught him in the middle of yard work one time).

That kind of service is priceless.

Our former TA would send us a "chocolate ship" or cake or strawberries for each cruise- she tried to mix it up. On our last cruise which was a HAL 19 day, she sent us two coffee mugs. She never did any other special help type things for us, I was always the one to find price drops or special deals on our cruises. So we booked our last cruise on our own. The small gifts were nice gestures, but I felt I could do as much on my own. Then I heard of another TA giving a small amount of OBC, so we switched our booking to her for the OBC.

Never have gotten anything from him. The fact that I can call him anytime day or night is enough. He even gave me his cell phone number in case of emergencies. I have called him as late as 11pm thinking I would just leave a voicemail. To my surprise he answered and took care of my issue. Even on holidays or Sundays (caught him in the middle of yard work one time).

That kind of service is priceless.

Same here firemanbobswife. I've never needed a call from an upgrade fairy because he has always been on top of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We met our PVP, for the first time, in Miami for drinks recently. A wonderful visit. We didn't ask the question, but she did tell us that Carnival PVPs risk their job by trying to send gifts to clients. It is forbidden, she says, for them to place orders from Bon Voyage, even with their own funds. Something ab preferential treatment.

We did happily buy her a couple of drinks and enjoy sharing our appreciation with her. She has saved us plenty of money over the years. We have sent her plenty of bookings! :)

Actually they do not get a commission on each of your bookings. After they sell a certain amount of cabins each month they are on some sort of bonus system but not exactly a commission.

Has anyone's PVP ever sent them a "Thank You"of some sort for having several of your friends book with them? I know TA's do this.

I expect nothing more from my PVP than good service and that is what I get from him. He calls periodically and lets me know of sales and promotions but does not pressure me, which I appreciate. I had to call him once and it was a Sunday morning. He was not at work but the call transferred to his personal cell phone and he actually called me back immediately and he was in church at the time. Can't beat that for wanting to service his client. Great personality and ALWAYS ready to help whenever he can. I don't want any special gifts other than that kind of service. I now consider him a friend as I have used him for quite a few cruises. Wish I could tell you who he is.

We used to have a great PVP, and I think she arranged for us to have chocolate covered strawberries once...it was before we were platinum so pretty sure it was her. Unfortunately, she left and we had 3 bad PVPs in a row so now I just book on my own through the website. :)

I know some people swear by their TAs, and that is fine...but I like to have complete control over my booking so doing it myself works for me. :p

We met our PVP, for the first time, in Miami for drinks recently. A wonderful visit. We didn't ask the question, but she did tell us that Carnival PVPs risk their job by trying to send gifts to clients. It is forbidden, she says, for them to place orders from Bon Voyage, even with their own funds. Something ab preferential treatment.

We did happily buy her a couple of drinks and enjoy sharing our appreciation with her. She has saved us plenty of money over the years. We have sent her plenty of bookings! :)

Thanks for the Info! I always wondered if it was forbidden...