Re-booking a cruise on board

So, we have two upcoming sailings scheduled.

If the prices are relatively the same before the first sailing, would there be an advantage to cancelling the second trip and rebooking it on our first sailing to add some on-board credit? I can't think of any other advantage.

If so, there is OBC for booking a 7 day trip...I believe that is $100. Then is there an additional $100 if we use it on a future cruise? So total of $200? Is that per person or per cabin?

I realized there is a risk of the price going up from the time we cancel until the time we book on the ship.

Anyone know how far in advance we'd need to cancel to be considered a new booking? Or, would it not be considered a new booking?

Both cruises are currently booked thru a TA and there would be no cancellation fee.

If the prices have not gone up, you would get the advantage of OBC from booking on board according to this schedule:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

The numbers above are the total OBC per stateroom. There is no additional $100 for booking a future cruise.

As far as I know, there is no lookback period anymore for considering a booking to be "new".

Edited by clarea

If you book a 7 day cruise onboard in balcony or junior suite you would get $100 OBC EITHER on the current cruise OR the future one. You do not get it on both unless there is some other promo offering OBC at the time you book it

If you book a 7 day cruise onboard in balcony or junior suite you would get $100 OBC EITHER on the current cruise OR the future one. You do not get it on both unless there is some other promo offering OBC at the time you book it

Correct! When I booked our next summer cruise, we had the choice of using the OBC on the current cruise OR the one I booked for next summer.

Just an FYI, if you take credit on a current cruise and later cancel the future cruise, you do not get your deposit back[emoji12][emoji12] At least we did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, if you take credit on a current cruise and later cancel the future cruise, you do not get your deposit back[emoji12][emoji12] At least we did not.

That's because you already spent it. If you take the OBC on the future cruise and cancel it your deposit is refundable

That's because you already spent it. If you take the OBC on the future cruise and cancel it your deposit is refundable

This is true

Good information. We have booked onboard and received OBC and applied them to the new cruise we booked. However, we have lost the OBC because we later called Club Royale and received a significant discount. Can we book using Next Cruise, apply OBC to current cruise, and then get Club Royale rates without any issue to OBC that we already used??? If true, seems best to use OBC on current cruise. The makes pre-purchase of a drink package questionable??

Can we get CR rates with Next Cruise??

Edited by troykahack