Help me surprise my husband

Sugaree5335

My husband and I are booked on a four night cruise out of Mobile on January 5th. This is a birthday/graduation (I hope) present. Right now he knows that we are going somewhere warm for a few days. He probably knows we're going out of the country since I had to make sure his passport would still be good in January. But other than that I don't think he has any idea what's going on. Regardless, he says that he wants to be surprised.

I'm debating tucking the luggage tags/itinerary info into a graduation card. I know that there are so much more fun ways to do that. I'm also thinking maybe just telling him that we're going somewhere and he'll find out where when we get there. But I suspect that he'll figure it out as soon as we end up just south of Montgomery. And I'd have to do all his packing for him.

So help me out here. If someone were surprising you with a cruise, how would you like it to be done?

I love surprises. I would be over the moon if my husband packed my bags and drove me somewhere. Put in the card a picture of a beach or something as a tease, but keep the cruise detail under wraps. I hope you have fun!

First, write him a love note that includes the suprise.

Next, take a sizzors and cut the note into curved pieces. Place all the pieces in a envelope.

Label the envelope "puzzle for his name" and place on the counter for him to find. :D

If you want to surprise him before you leave you could take him out to his favorite restaurant.

Excuse yourself to ladies room. Give your server his boarding pass and have them deliver it to him in the holder that they give the bill in.

I did that to my grandsons for their Europr trip and their faces were just PRICELESS😀

For our first cruise, my husband gave me a plastic toy boat with "cruising" written on the side. I was confused at first but caught on quickly. :p You could do something like that with the name of the ship written on the side.

Have a great trip and congrats to your husband!:)

If you want to surprise him before you leave you could take him out to his favorite restaurant.

Excuse yourself to ladies room. Give your server his boarding pass and have them deliver it to him in the holder that they give the bill in.

I did that to my grandsons for their Europr trip and their faces were just PRICELESS😀

I love that idea, and will have to remember it for any future surprises!

Maybe on January 1st, cut and paste a copy of Frankie Ford's video of "Sea Cruise" from youtube into his email, then make sure he checks his email that day. Then, after he sees it, hand him an envelope with the printed luggage tags, itinerary and the boarding pass. ;)

Edited by beachbum53

Book a hotel for the night before the cruise, and pack a bag with just enough for an overnight stay. Put your cruise luggage in the trunk and don't let your husband see it...just toss the overnight bag in the back seat.

Enjoy a great night at the hotel, maybe do something special so he'll think that's really it. Next morning, get back in the car and head out for a little sight-seeing before heading for home....but instead, drive to the port!

Very similar to what I did with my wife for our 10th anniversary. We went to dinner a week before (to allow her enough time to shop and pack) and with dessert I presented our cruise documents for our first cruise - a 7 night on RCI Sovereign of the Seas. Passports weren't an issue as it was a US based closed loop cruise and we had our BC's at hand. I had pre-arranged for her parents to come in the week we were gone to be with our children and off we went.

She was completely surprised and 24 years later (approaching our 34th) we still love cruising - and each other.