Restaurant suggestions close to FLL cruise port

Alright y'all I'm just looking for suggestions, not interested in starting arguments.

I'm from Louisville and we are known for our local food. So I am definitely looking for local fare in ft. Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The suggestion for the water taxi was probably the best one since it has hop on / hop off service at a lot of different restaurants and bars, or you can get off at the down town area near Las Olas Boulevard. LOTS of hits on all the stops and a great way to get some narrated tours of great yachts/homes/sites along the way.

Check watertaxi.com for the route map and you can see the various restaurants and stops it will make and go from there.

I was only offering you an excellent seafood restaurant. 15th Street Fisheries is really two restaurants in one. Downstairs/dockside is a more casual menu; upstairs more expensive and upscale. It is a water taxi stop as well near the cruise port.

I really don't know why Phoenix is going after me, but I won't engage.

Edited by LMaxwell

That's a great idea!

I appreciate all that feedback, everyone! Keep it coming!

I've been to a number of these places, all solid suggestions; water taxi gets you near to them, or Uber is very close.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/miami/fort-lauderdale/fort-lauderdale-drinking-and-eating-guide

Great place we had dinner at in January called Coconuts. Its at 429 Seabreeze Blvd Fort Lauderdale. The menu changes throughout the night based on the catch of the day. Most amazing seafood dinners we have ever had.

JoeRum

Coconuts gets a lot of votes on the Fort Lauderdale thread and locals as well as the Water Taxi drivers recommend it. I was just there in June. Definitely shellfish on the menu.

For Asian food, Nanking also gets great reviews. It's in the Hilton Marina on the water.

Have a great dinner, wherever you choose.

Here's a link to the FLL thread, which is often contributed to by locals who know the area well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030736

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

I like 15h Street Fisheries personally. Ft. Lauderdale is loaded with great restaurants. IMO it would be a waste to go there and go to Duffys (local chain similar to Fridays/Applebees) or the Outback.

Agree 100%. Why go to chain restaurants when traveling.....go local.

BOATYARD

KELLYS LANDING

These are my top 2 local restaurants close where you are staying.

COCONUTS is close and is great!!!!

Edited by brenderlou

Agree 100%. Why go to chain restaurants when traveling.....go local.

BOATYARD

KELLYS LANDING

These are my top 2 local restaurants close where you are staying.

COCONUTS is close and is great!!!!

Be careful; you might get your wrist slapped for sharing your opinions and local knowledge ;) :eek:

Alright y'all I'm just looking for suggestions, not interested in starting arguments.

I'm from Louisville and we are known for our local food. So I am definitely looking for local fare in ft. Lauderdale.

Hey, my family is all from Louisville... I am the exception, born and raised in Florida. Louisville has great food!!!

The places I mentioned are were the locals go and highly rated.... I have not tried many of the other places mentioned... I am sure they are good also... I used to spend lots of time in Davie/Hollywood...

Edited by troykahack

Not everyone likes fish, and many have shellfish allergies. Are you this condescending face to face?

I don't think they were being specific to only looking for seafood. I think the point is, why go to a chain restaurant where you can get the same food anytime at home, when you could get something local? There are a lot of local restaurants in south florida, not all of them serve seafood and shellfish. Yes, there is a lot of it, because it's on the ocean and you can get fresh seafood, but there are other local restaurants.

It's different if it is for chains you don't have at home. If you don't have a Duffy's, then go ahead.

Being from New England, Southport Raw Bar is what I call southern style seafood. Very rustic no frills establishment with a view. Kelly's Landing is also good but it's more New England style seafood and doesn't come with a view. They pretty much around the corner from each other.

http://www.southportrawbar.com/

http://www.kellyslanding.com/full.html

Edited by Big_G

OP asked for suggestions. I listed something that is a one off and famous locally for high quality food. And I was not the only one to do so. Others had great local suggestions too.

I didn't attack others "Not everyone like coal fired pizza, not every one likes giant ice cream sundaes".

"In My Opinion" it would be a wasted opportunity to get the same frozen mozz sticks they can get at a chain in their hometown when Fort Lauderdale is a foodie heaven. But if that's what lights your fire, have at it.

I was not rude to you. You are out of line.

Agree.

OP asked for suggestions. I listed something that is a one off and famous locally for high quality food. And I was not the only one to do so. Others had great local suggestions too.

I didn't attack others "Not everyone like coal fired pizza, not every one likes giant ice cream sundaes".

"In My Opinion" it would be a wasted opportunity to get the same frozen mozz sticks they can get at a chain in their hometown when Fort Lauderdale is a foodie heaven. But if that's what lights your fire, have at it.

I was not rude to you. You are out of line.

100% agree

Ernies on Federal Hwy (US 1) and 19th St. A real dive bar/restaurant (triple D type) that serves the best conch chowder I have ever eaten and their style of BBQ is unique. Their Bimini bread is to die for (we always buy loaves to bring home with us). This is the one place I would choose if I could only eat at one place. You can't get this type of food in TN. BTW, we don't care for their conch fritters however.

We went to the beach and went over to the "rocks" to see the Oasis sail away on Saturday. On our way back to our hotel we discovered the Nanking Asian Fusion. WOW... I thin it was located inside the Hilton. Upscale Chinese and you get water views.