Can we use Starbucks E-card (phone scan) onboard Oasis of the Seas

Hi folks,

When on land and visiting Starbucks, I use a barcode on my iPhone which is connected to my Starbucks card to pay for purchases. Will I be able to use this barcode method onboard or will I have to use the physical card itself? I've already read and realised that Starbucks cards can be used onboard.

Thanks

I'm just guessing here since I didn't even know this was a possibility! If you do not have Internet access I would think it would not work. If you purchase the Internet package, then I would guess yes. Take both just in case. Now I have to find my card! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi folks,

When on land and visiting Starbucks, I use a barcode on my iPhone which is connected to my Starbucks card to pay for purchases. Will I be able to use this barcode method onboard or will I have to use the physical card itself? I've already read and realised that Starbucks cards can be used onboard.

Thanks

Yes, you can; however, be aware that unless you buy Internet aboard ship or pay for International Internet Services through your mobile provider, you will not see your card credits update until you get back to an "Internet Source".

It worked nicely for me. When you finally run out of money, the Barista/Clerk will then ask for your room card for the difference!

Enjoy!!

Yes, you can; however, be aware that unless you buy Internet aboard ship or pay for International Internet Services through your mobile provider, you will not see your card credits update until you get back to an "Internet Source".

It worked nicely for me. When you finally run out of money, the Barista/Clerk will then ask for your room card for the difference!

Enjoy!!

I am glad they updated this. The last few times we were on either the Oasis or the Allure, we have been told by Starbucks that they didn't have the capability to scan our phones so they needed the real card to use. We had dug out our cards to take along just in case so we were fine either way. Will probably still take our cards each time because consistency is not Royals's strong suit!

Sweet! I was planning on getting cards, but I prefer the app--Stars towards free beverages!

Now, if I earn a free beverage, I wonder if the Starbucks on the ship will honor the free drink/food item barcode???

I was just on the beautiful Allure of the seas last month and yes they do take it so stock up and put money on it... HOWEVER... They could not just scan it like they do in the stores. They had to manually enter my number every time. A little slower but it worked and they seemed happy to do it....

Is Starbucks included in the Royal Rep pkg on Oasis....it was on Freedom of the Seas in July

Nothing from the Starbucks venues on Oasis class ships is included in any unlimited beverage package.

Shoot....guess I need to rethink my beverage pkg. I just assumed it would be the same.

Cafe Promenade and Park Cafe also serve specialty coffees, but there is no guarantee what kind of coffee beans they will use.

Great thanks for the info!

and for those wondering- You dont need an active internet connection to use your Starbucks card from your phone. You can have it stored in your "wallet" app of your iPhone and I reckon android phones will have something similar. Cards from the wallet app can be accessed with or without internet connection.

Shoot....guess I need to rethink my beverage pkg. I just assumed it would be the same.

It's not the same because there's a "Starbucks" on Oasis/Allure, but there's no "Starbucks" on Freedom.

Freedom has the non-branded espresso kiosk that Oasis/Allure ALSO has. So on O/A you go to the non-branded espresso kiosk for the drinks you want to get with Replenish/Ultimate. If you want to get a drink with the package, you do NOT go to the green mermaid Starbucks.

(and it's entirely possible the non-branded kiosk will be using Starbucks beans)

Sweet! I was planning on getting cards, but I prefer the app--Stars towards free beverages!

You can earn stars with cards, too. You just have to connect them to your rewards account. So you don't *have to* use the app to get stars, and if you didn't want to deal with your phone onboard you could just use your card.

You can earn stars with cards, too. You just have to connect them to your rewards account. So you don't *have to* use the app to get stars, and if you didn't want to deal with your phone onboard you could just use your card.

Apparently, your local barista is more educated than mine [emoji57]

Thanks for the update!

I'm too lazy, so I'd probably just use my Seapass, but do you actually earn stars at the onboard Starbucks? I guess with the new system they just track dollars spent, but I had always assumed the Starbucks was totally out of the network.

Wonder how it works if you have an other than US card? The cards, and presumably the app, only work in the currency of purchase (supposedly, at least). It would be about right to be on a UK origin cruise with a UK card/app and not be able to use it on a dollar-based cruise line...

On Freedom, the sign on the wall said Starbucks with the logo and they used Starbucks cups.

It's a confusing situation. Freedom's Cafe Promenade uses Starbucks coffee beans, but since it's not a Starbucks venue (it's Cafe Promenade), the beverage packages can be used there.

Unless they have changed since 18 months ago you can't use your SB card on the Oasis.

Many people have reported being able to use both the gift card and the app to pay at the Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read conflicting information in these forums. Some people say you can use your cards on Oasis. Some say you can't. Some say you can use gift cards but you can't use Loyalty Cards (gold cards). I don't know what to think.

I've read conflicting information in these forums. Some people say you can use your cards on Oasis. Some say you can't. Some say you can use gift cards but you can't use Loyalty Cards (gold cards). I don't know what to think.

I don't know what Loyalty cards are, but I do know you can use gift cards, at least as of last September.

I don't know what Loyalty cards are, but I do know you can use gift cards, at least as of last September.

Once you visit 30 times in a year (or something like that) with a registered account, you are given a "gold" card that supposedly has special perks. It is, for all intents and purposes, a gift card to be kept and reloaded. Most people don't carry the physical card but instead use the scan code from a phone app.