question ??????

mrsjoey

The carry-on luggage screeners are not necessarily the most wine savvy either. :D We brought our 2 bottles of White Zinfandel - which is not white but is pink. Our screener had to get her supervisor to check - she was totally baffled LOL

Not saying there will be a problem but if ours had a problem with sealed, labeled, bottled wine your Port Wine, if not clearly labled may just throw 'em for a loop.

after a few weeks on the job you would think they would know what they were looking for but guess not:eek::eek:

Thanks all for your help...I am not wanting to drink this bottle of Port but, wanting to give it to a staff member on the Liberty she has taken care of us for 2 cruises and we have another coming in 39 days. I know it is a wine and I know you can't take a bottle larger than 750 ml was hoping that a smaller bottle would be allowed. So now will have to decide whether I want to try it or not ????

Give her money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it a problem if you wrap the bottles in bubble wrap? We put them in between the 2 cases of soda we're taking on and I wrapped them with bubble wrap to protect them from getting broken. They can't read the bottle without unwrapping it.

Edited by cloudninecat

Seeing as how you don't want to bring it on to drink, just to give to a crew member, I would think that even if they did not recognize it as wine and wanted to confiscate it, it might still be possible to get it to the crew member. I think it would be worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums